bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Resurrection, New Mexico Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Oct 27, 11 12:27 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Resurrection, New Mexico Collector's Edition? Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions about the game in this thread. We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond! To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game!

A lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

For any comments or discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum. If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Reviews for Resurrection, New Mexico Collector's Edition

[Post New]by belamba on Oct 27, 11 12:40 AM
Dear BFgs,
I'd love to be able to leave a review, but to do that I need to be able to play it, and to do that I need to be able to D/L it first...
Please, please, please fix this issue. 10 hrs yesterday to D/L a relatively small amount of Mb, so at that rate this game won't be D/L until tomorrow...

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Oct 27, 11 12:41 AM
Dear BFgs,
I'd love to be able to leave a review, but to do that I need to be able to play it, and to do that I need to be able to D/L it first...
Please, please, please fix this issue. 10 hrs yesterday to D/L a relatively small amount of Mb, so at that rate this game won't be D/L until tomorrow...

Oops..post duplicated itself

Edited on 10/27/2011 at 12:42:58 AM PST

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Oct 27, 11 12:46 AM
Same here...can't give a review if we can't download the game....

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Oct 27, 11 12:49 AM
I agree...30 minutes and dl only at 13 %, and holding. Tried pausing and restarting without results, so I finally trashed canned it and started all over again. Now it is stuck on 10%. But I am sure that this problem is only affecting a small number of us, so the problem won't be addressed. Silly me, I even rebooted before starting the first download as my comp had been on all day, and I wanted a fresh start with this game. Alas it is only on 11% now, so it is doubtful I will continue to try now.

Edited on 10/27/2011 at 1:15:05 AM PST

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Oct 27, 11 12:55 AM
again and again!very hard issue with GM the last two days!and it is the GM,for the yesterday game download very well on other sites,without game manager!
so,it is not our computers!if there is bugs ,they come from BF!

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Oct 27, 11 12:56 AM
Well I've started the game and it seems to be a straightforward Hog/adventure game.
Quite spooky, gave me a real jump at one point.
One thing, devs take note, there are the dreaded sparkles !!!
No options for casual/experienced which these days I've come to expect, especially with a CE.
Going back in, hope it DL's ASAP for you guys!

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Oct 27, 11 1:09 AM
Hi everyone,

Just popping by with a reminder to reserve this thread for reviews only. Tech issues may be posted here so we can keep track of the issues fishies are experiencing.

Thanks!

bfgRhone

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Oct 27, 11 1:48 AM
what i can say about this game is only on the beta,for it is impossible to download the whole game;my notes said:
good solid hidden objects -adventure game
no choice of difficulties
some sparkles
on my 22' screen,the screen is full
very good graphics
music:average
story :déjà vu (i don't know how to say that in english)
a buy but not as CE;demo to play again to see if i have the same impression
if you can give it a try!

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Oct 27, 11 1:49 AM
Yeah, right. Maybe by tomorrow somebody may have downloaded it and can give a review. Until that happy time......

(Removed by moderator)

Edited on 10/27/2011 at 2:52:27 AM PST

ZuluDawn13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by ZuluDawn13 on Oct 27, 11 2:20 AM
Its just an OK game and would be fine as a DD or SE.

If you like plenty of Hidden Object scenes and lots of Sparkles to do things in certain spots, then this is for you.

Puzzles are the usual like putting gears into a device, guessing code number and the regular, no keys for locks and rusty handles. Nothing exciting or new.

I thought the scenery could have been more interactive rather than just the one or two things you need to do or collect in an otherwise static scene.

Maybe I'm looking for a New Twist in these types of games as I was not enthused with this one at all and certainly not paying CE price for an ordinary kind of game.

tatsu1952
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by tatsu1952 on Oct 27, 11 2:23 AM
At the risk of being lynched, I have to say I had no problem d/ling the game I've played the full demo and here's a few of my thoughts:
1. starts off with a car crash - how terribly original
2. lots of running around
3. my inventory is full of stuff I can't use (and I'm playing it as per the guide)
4. no voice overs - surely this is a must for CEs?
5. (possible spoiler) there are spiders and rats that pop out at you in a BIG way. Gave me a fright and I'm not scared of them.

6. HOG scenes are a bit dark but not all that 'junk pile' IMO
7. no option for difficulty which may annoy some

Honestly, ever since The Maze came out - and was over 900mb - I've been very disallusioned (sp?) by CEs. In fact, I haven't bought one since.

As for this game - it just didn't grab me. IMO, just 'same old, same old'. Others will disagree and I look forward to their reviews

Raska
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Raska on Oct 27, 11 2:46 AM
Same problem here... There is no download possibility nor for this game nor for another one... but when reading the contents of the game...this MUST be a contest, or a work from students.. : carcrash - ghosts - fog - people missing -
Why do we have to pay so much for this ????
Bigfish...I loved you once, but I think I'm going to stop paying each month for those stupid games !!!!
- Raska -

Edited on 10/27/2011 at 2:47:25 AM PST

WPat651044
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by WPat651044 on Oct 27, 11 3:33 AM
After 78MB a long pause and then it started DL as normal if you can suffer through that. I hope everyone is having the same luck that wants this game. Maybe BFG will do something by the time we see another game we like.

WPat651044
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by WPat651044 on Oct 27, 11 3:34 AM
After 78MB a long pause and then it started DL as normal if you can suffer through that. I hope everyone is having the same luck that wants this game. Maybe BFG will do something by the time we see another game we like.

WPat651044
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by WPat651044 on Oct 27, 11 3:44 AM
I guess my last assumption was a little premature. At 151 another slow down. Very frustrating. I don't know very many game sites. I found this one to be very good for years. Its very tempting to move on somewhere else. The prices are very reasonable but so slow to get this game is a little much.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Oct 27, 11 3:54 AM
bfgRhone wrote:Hi everyone,

Just popping by with a reminder to reserve this thread for reviews only. Tech issues may be posted <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/183838.page>here</a> so we can keep track of the issues fishies are experiencing.

Thanks!

bfgRhone

May I politely suggest removing the posts (including this one) that have nothing to do with reviewing this game? I read this particular thread on new games to get actual reviews, not to read that people are still dissatisfied with the game manager.

Thank you.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Oct 27, 11 4:00 AM
Hi everyone,

Please keep this thread reserved for reviews only. Any technical problems may be reported in this thread here.

The next intervention of the moderation team will come in the form of a lock.

Thanks!

bfgRhone

[Post New]by emilialucinda on Oct 27, 11 4:19 AM
I want to see a review please! Casual Gran LovetoMissLisa?

[Post New]by playfulruth on Oct 27, 11 4:33 AM
emilialucinda wrote:I want to see a review please! Casual Gran LovetoMissLisa?

...they are probably all stuck in the download, so there won't be many reviews anytime soon...

Go to: