katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

Critter alert!! (spoiler)

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Oct 27, 11 1:29 AM
Just for those who don't like spiders and rats - there are surprise visits by both - quite big!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Critter alert!! (spoiler)

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 27, 11 1:32 AM
Seems like the usual fare for games these days. I personally don't have a problem with either of the "critters" mentioned, but I am sure others will appreciate your alert. Hm, so you have already had a chance to play this game?

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Oct 27, 11 1:38 AM
Any cockroaches? I hate rats, mice and roaches particularly...and they always seem to show up in games, especially the HOG portion.

[Post New]by wispywillow54 on Oct 27, 11 1:42 AM
You actually got the game to download????
Lucky you!!
Started downloading here....an hour twenty minutes later, got all the way to 20 percent.

[Post New]by wispywillow54 on Oct 27, 11 1:46 AM
ps.....even the posting is slooooooooooooow.

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Oct 27, 11 1:58 AM
My game DLed fairly quickly but I know the frustration - having had slow ones before.
There is a cockroach in a HOG scene, but the point with rat and spider is they are right in your face!
Leapt a mile the first one :-)

Enjoying the game, no bells and whistles but a good solid game.
Here's to speedier DL's!

Edited on 10/27/2011 at 2:01:46 AM PST

crawle1960
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by crawle1960 on Oct 27, 11 4:41 AM

Yep scared the life out of me !! its an ok game. wouldnt buy it its a bit "dark" and i like colourful games
katejoe999 wrote:My game DLed fairly quickly but I know the frustration - having had slow ones before.
There is a cockroach in a HOG scene, but the point with rat and spider is they are right in your face!
Leapt a mile the first one :-)

Enjoying the game, no bells and whistles but a good solid game.
Here's to speedier DL's!

katbalue
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by katbalue on Oct 27, 11 5:20 AM
Thanks for the information... helped me a lot ....hate mice

vervaine
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,122 Posts

[Post New]by vervaine on Oct 27, 11 10:48 AM

Thanks a lot! You saved me from spiders!

julese53
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by julese53 on Oct 27, 11 11:37 AM
I beta tested this game and when the HUGE spider dropped onto my screen I almost fell off my chair! LOL! I don't like spiders, so that squicked me out for a while.

[Post New]by lovestoseek on Oct 27, 11 2:34 PM
Rhysdux wrote: Any cockroaches? I hate rats, mice and roaches particularly...and they always seem to show up in games, especially the HOG portion.

Oh YES..the worse part is it fell down on its back and lay there kicking while you have to do the HOS..thats gross..oh well it is New Mexico..hot dry and too dang many bugs!!!! But I'm liking the game ok..

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Oct 27, 11 8:16 PM
I usually read these about the critters that people are afraid of and say to myself its only a game dont be afraid but then this game came and the first thing that attacked the screen was this large rat it was so real that i jumped out of my seat and tried to kill it with my cursor that didnt work of course then when i got my breath back i was able to continue and just twitched a little when the spider and something else i think came at me. I dont mind the mice or rats skittering around the floor in games but these were HUGE. Was this really necessary

Riverman73
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Riverman73 on Oct 28, 11 10:30 AM
I loved the rat and the spider getting into my face. It was done in a rather playfull, quirky way i think. But to each their own, i guess.

I wasn't so fond about the dragon / snake popping up here and there, but more because he (she?) looked like he more belonged in a Disney game...lol.. They should have made him a bit more spookier, i think.

Go to: