Can't get one chum to become available

[Post New]by joodles on Oct 27, 11 6:58 AM
Passed all stages with four stars, but still cannot get that last chum. Does anyone know which stage the little sting ray like chum to appear and become available? Think I will have to replay to find him. Thanks for any help.

Re:Can't get one chum to become available

[Post New]by Doctor_Mom on Nov 9, 11 5:11 PM
Had the same problem - so will be checking for any responses to your query!

mark7593
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by mark7593 on Jan 22, 12 7:37 PM
Have the same problem too, will attempt to go through game again. Any tips on how to get 4 stars on all level?

strilf
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by strilf on Mar 21, 12 8:47 AM
The trick is to watch out for some stationary eyes, usually found where you find your little friends. Then, with your friends in tow, circle around the eyes until it turns into a pink sting ray

I believe there are 4 of them on the level, same trick for all of them. Unfortunately I can't for the life of me remember which level I found him on, sorry.

I'm currently working my way through to get 4 stars on all levels -any tips to stage 5, lvl 2?

/strilf, over

[Post New]by midnightwolf545 on Mar 24, 12 7:45 AM
Stage 3 Level 5 is when you get the 5th glow chum.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Mar 24, 12 1:35 PM
I remember seeing those eyes! Didn't know what to do with them. This game is full of surprises. If I replay that level, will it then allow me to return to where I left off at level 10 or will I have to replay 6-9?

[Post New]by melikamiki on Apr 15, 12 1:30 PM
After reading all these threads and still not finding Shade (stingray chum), I figured out what the problem was, so I'm posting this to help anyone like me. As previously stated, you have to circle the eyes you see on Stage 3 Level 5. Usually there will be a ring of coins around the eyes, or where the eyes are supposed to be as they don't show up if you haven't circled and "bombed" the previous set. So if you miss one in the beginning, none of the others will show up. There are 6 sets in total. I took a screen shot of the map and labeled it to help people locate all the eye sets, which I apparently can't post. If anyone needs it, message me and I'll send it to you.
For those who can't wait, if you have the complete map, you will see on the far left side roughly 3 chambers (the bottom one just left of a secret chamber). Each one has a set of eyes. On the far right are another 3 chambers (more defined as such). Each of these has a set.

[Post New]by peppertink on Apr 19, 12 11:54 PM
The first time I played through the whole game, I would always continue even if I only got 1 or 2 stars on the level. I could not get Shade even though I replayed that level several times and always circled all the sets of eyes. Now I'm replaying the game and trying to get 4 stars on all levels, and I finally got Shade as a chum with a message saying something like "Shade thinks you're cunning enough to join you." So if anyone's having a hard time getting him to show up no matter what they do, it may be because you're not scoring enough on each level.

Aiwevanya
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by Aiwevanya on Jun 8, 13 6:40 PM
It took me ages to manage this, finding the first three sets of eyes wasn't too difficult, but because I went to where the fifth set appear (over on the right in the small locked area) before I found the fourth pair, I didn't realise that I had to back track. Essentially if you're having trouble finding some of these you may have to go back and look in areas you've already been to.

mlogan
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by mlogan on Jul 18, 13 3:42 PM
Awesome! We (my girls and I) saw the eyes but couldn't quite figure them out. And now we skipped a friend. Makes total sense!

Go to: