bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Oct 28, 11 12:11 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

ykempy
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time technical issues here only

[Post New]by ykempy on Oct 28, 11 8:13 AM
I am having the same problem a lot of people had with the CE version, the game will not save and if I go the options menu cannot get out again. I have not got the time to play in one sitting.

[Post New]by zombie69_ on Oct 28, 11 11:01 AM
The game will not save for me either

camgold
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by camgold on Oct 28, 11 1:59 PM
Having same problems won't save and freezes if I go to options and then try to get back. I was really liking this game but I can't play this in all at one time. If I had known I was going to have these problem's I would not have bought it.

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Oct 28, 11 10:32 PM
ia m having the same problem - I wanted to get this on sale, but I won't buy it if I can't adjust the options!

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Oct 29, 11 1:19 AM
I tried to download the trial version. It would download but wouldn't install, although there was a shortcut put on my desktop. That was about 10:00 in the morning. All the rest of the day I had a program on my computer keep opening up by itself. That evening, I finally decided, because of the desktop shortcut, to check my Control Panel Programs and Features section, and there was the game in the list of programs, even though it never showed up in the Game Manager. I uninstalled the game there and haven't had that other program open itself again, but I do not plan to try installing this game again, even as a trial. I have never had this problem before with any game, trial version or full version.

ykempy
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by ykempy on Oct 29, 11 6:15 AM
I did as BFG suggested in the CE forums, I uninstalled the game then reinstalled from my purchase history and when I opened the game took me back to where I finished demo. Seems may be that comp didn't recognise it was from BFG when i installed first time. Hope it works for everyone.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 29, 11 8:23 AM
Hello everyone,

It sounds like many of you are experiencing save issues and are having troubles with the Options menu in the game. For the save issues, if you haven't already, please take a look at the troubleshooting options in the following help article:

Save Errors

If you've already done this or are still having troubles with the game after going through these steps, please get in touch with Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report and our reps will be happy to take over and help you one-on-one. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Oct 29, 11 9:56 AM
I did send in a Dr. Felix, last night what happens when they don't get back before the sale is over? I miss the opportunity to get it on sale?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 29, 11 11:31 AM
Hi Cptduzer,

If you'd like to take advantage of the Great Pumpkin Sale, you will have to purchase the game this weekend since this is the only way our system will recognize the coupon code associated with the sale. As with any technical issues, if our representatives are unable to resolve the issue at hand, you are always welcome to request a refund or an exchange for the game. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Oct 29, 11 11:34 AM
Thanks Arno - I will think on it.

[Post New]by susied11 on Oct 31, 11 8:52 AM
I also could not save the game -- so did as recommended -- it did save then. So I played until almost the end. Then I downloaded another game -- went back to try to finish game and IT DID NOT SAVE! Went back to beginning again. This is very
frustrating. I have never had this happen before with any game I have installed.

nikma
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by nikma on Oct 31, 11 12:41 PM
purtroppo non riesco a salvare il gioco e devo ricominciare tutto ogni volta che ricomincio a giocare,qualcuno può aiutarmi....? **** acquistato il gioco,ma non riesco a finirlo....!!!

[Post New]by LynHamilton on Nov 1, 11 8:19 AM
This is crap. I played the game for 2 hours and had to close it - of course, it didn't save. The first two in the series are fine. Administrator privileges? On my home laptop? Please.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 1, 11 12:37 PM
Hello folks,

If you're continuing to have save issues, please write in to Tech Support so that our reps can work with you to get this issue resolved. Thank you for taking the time to post the issue you're experiencing in this thread in the meantime.

-bfgArnoStyx

viha
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by viha on Nov 4, 11 3:46 AM
I had save issues and solved the problem by uninstalling the game, disable my antivirus program and installing the game again. Now I can save my game and the game runs perfekt

[Post New]by carolinachick220 on Nov 4, 11 7:25 PM
I bought the Mac version and I've never had any technical issues at all - ever. However, this game's Mac version has a minor glitch. The glitch is on the stained glass window pane painting puzzle. Sometimes when I'd click on the puzzle to open it (whether or not I had the required "parts"), one of the paint rolls would be missing. I'd exit the puzzle, either click on a different area in the same room or exit the room totally, go back to the puzzle and it would be fine. This happened several times.

Just an FYI - I'm not complaining, just letting BFG know about the glitch in the Mac version. All in all, it's an excellent game and the Mac versions are always always error- and technical issue-free!

Opus1965
Guppy
Guppy
172 Posts

[Post New]by Opus1965 on Nov 7, 11 1:28 PM
ykempy wrote:I am having the same problem a lot of people had with the CE version, the game will not save and if I go the options menu cannot get out again. I have not got the time to play in one sitting.

Will not save for me and I can't get out of "Options." I just downloaded and purchased this game today.

Edited on 11/07/2011 at 1:29:08 PM PST

[Post New]by elle_enne7 on Nov 12, 11 5:09 AM
anche a me il gioco non viene salvato,**** letto e provato i consigli di altri giocatori con lo stesso problema ma non **** risolto nulla!!
**** contattato l'help con ben 3 email allegando Dr. felix ma ,contrariamente ad altre volte non **** ricevuto risposta....come mai?
vorrei sapere cosa devo fare!!!
spero di avere una risposta da qui....chissà!
grazie

Edited on 11/12/2011 at 5:11:02 AM PST

[Post New]by nossa65 on Nov 13, 11 3:28 PM
bought this game yesterday - have so far encountered several glitches - all are listed on the forum - not being able to adjust volume on music etc, not saving game and final straw not being able to move armor to get to doll. I want my money back

Go to: