cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

CE or SE?

[Post New]by cll1950 on Oct 28, 11 6:49 AM
This is a question for those that bought the CE. I couldn't find anything in the CE forum to help me decide if it was worth buying the CE version. I have 2 credits, so money isn't an issue. Any openions?

Re:CE or SE?

[Post New]by baglady159 on Oct 28, 11 7:35 AM
I didn't buy the CE so I can't help you there, but in case you didn't notice, for just a couple more days we can buy any SE for 4.99 so you might want to take advantage of that and hold on to your credits.
Some say the bonus is about 1 1/2 hours long but I looked at it this way. I wouldn't pay 6.99 for a game that lasts 1 1/2 hours so why pay that much more for a bonus game. Especially when I can get the SE for $4.99.
That means if I bought the CE today I would be paying $9 for the bonus game. Is this just confusing or did I say this in a way that I'm understood? I do tend to ramble.

Edited on 10/28/2011 at 7:37:00 AM PST

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Oct 28, 11 8:46 AM
Thanks for your input baglady. I have a free punch card credit, so I can get the SE for free. Maybe I'll get the SE and see if it's worth upgrading.
Thanks again baglady. Have a great Halloween.

banshee10
Clownfish
Clownfish
564 Posts

[Post New]by banshee10 on Oct 28, 11 10:39 AM
CE is definitely worth it. You don't need it to enjoy or understand the main game at all, but the bonus in the CE is so beautifully done, keeps you interested till the end, is much longer than most of the additional gameplay in other CEs, tells a wonderful story.
One of the best CEs I've ever purchased (and I have a lot more CEs than SEs).

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Oct 28, 11 3:12 PM
I didn't play the CE version but the SE version is very long. I spent a good five hours or more playing it and I skipped a couple of the puzzles. Definitely well worth the SE price and it's a steal for $4.99.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Oct 28, 11 5:46 PM
CE, without question. It is absolutely worth it and the bonus play is looooong. It does not have the option for play mode though, so there are sparkles in the bonus. Even with the sparkles though, I did a lot of backing and forthing trying to figure out what to do next.

SE is a complete game, so you won't miss the bonus - except it's so much fun to play!

[Post New]by linhlindsay on Oct 28, 11 10:22 PM
yes i never buy CE in my life but this game so good that after play 10 min i buy the CE with big smile very good game for sure

dee127
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by dee127 on May 4, 12 10:15 AM
baglady---where are you finding the game for $4.99? Mine was $6.99, as are all others.

Go to: