bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Oct 29, 11 12:10 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Jennypenny
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

Re:Post any Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands technical issues here only

[Post New]by Jennypenny on Oct 29, 11 3:01 AM
The game sounds interesting but it keeps on crashing on me. This happened two times in less than three minutes. It's frustrating. Why don't you guys make sure the games are playable before you offer them for sale? It doesn't make sense to me.

lancondy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by lancondy on Oct 29, 11 4:13 AM
Im doing the trial version at the moment but try as I might, I cannot get the flashlight to activate the plant or the fuel to go into the boat engine. Everything else has worked up to now, what am I doing wrong?

lancondy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by lancondy on Oct 29, 11 4:23 AM
Cancel my previous message. I've just been clickig madly everywhere around the area and finally got it! It must have a very small area of activation.

sheilaclown
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by sheilaclown on Oct 29, 11 5:40 AM
So the Bermuda Triangle strikes again ! The game seemed to download fine but after the options /play buttons I get a map, music and nothing else. I was looking forward to this game but not going to bother unless there are updates.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 29, 11 8:02 AM
Hi Jennypenny and sheilaclown,

Sometimes game crashes and freezes can be caused by an outdated component in your system. If you'd like to see if an update might help, please take a look at the following help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't help, please get in touch with Tech Support so that our reps can best assist you with the game. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by icedathena on Oct 29, 11 9:51 AM
I'm having the same problem with this version as I did with the collector's every few seconds the game will freeze! Making playing impossible! I can play all my other games fine. Anyone else having this problem?

nannydale
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by nannydale on Oct 29, 11 10:20 AM
I'm ready to launch to volcano island, hint says all I to do is pull handle, even highlights it but nothing happens. hand cursor grabs it but no go. Any help?

nannydale
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by nannydale on Oct 29, 11 10:26 AM
Cancel my question too, I HAD TO PULL THE HANDLE DOWN! Duh.

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by BereniceP on Oct 29, 11 11:31 AM
When I gave the dog the ball, the cabinet key under its paw disappeared completely!!
Can anyone help please?

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Oct 29, 11 1:51 PM
Game downloaded fine and is playing great except for flashing cursor. It will only run show properly on windowed mode which is too small for me to see. Tried not using custom cursor but did not help. This has happened once or twice in the last few years, any suggestions?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 29, 11 1:53 PM
BereniceP wrote:When I gave the dog the ball, the cabinet key under its paw disappeared completely!!
Can anyone help please?
If it's the same as the CE, it moves. You should see the head of the key at bottom centre of screen.

[Post New]by thestjohns on Oct 30, 11 3:18 PM
I was in the City of Ruins and had just gotten the key for the desk by trapping the creature using the raisins. When I get to the room with the desk I accidentally took the key from the inventory and clicked on the desk instead of clicking on the desk first (for the close up view), and now the key has disappeared and I can't open the desk. I checked back at the trap but the key is gone, and I have nothing in my inventory. I'm sure that if I had clicked on the desk first then used the key it would have worked. Is this a glitch that needs to be fixed, as I can't go any further without the key?!

[Post New]by bwittn on Oct 30, 11 8:15 PM
Game closed 5 or 6 time during the first few minutes of the trial. I read good reviews on it so I purchased the game hoping it was just demo problems. I'm still experiencing the game randomly closing.

thekisally
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by thekisally on Oct 31, 11 7:33 AM
I can't even get the game to install. I re-installed GM etc etc....still error 769. I have been having problems with my computer crashing will playing games the last few days and thought maybe its a GM issue. Sent a message to CS......so hoping its the GM and games and not my NEW computer.

Bara1948
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Bara1948 on Nov 2, 11 2:00 PM
Well, yet ANOTHER interesting-appearing game I won't be purchasing because I can't create (as in sign in) a player profile. You folks really REALLY need to fix this issue before offering games for sale. Honest. And if not being able to make a player profile for the very first time isn't a technical issue, well, I don't know what it IS then. Installs just fine. I simply can't get it to WORK as far as the player profile goes. That's, what, almost ten games this has happened to me now? ::sighs::

Miern
Salmon
Salmon
2,592 Posts

[Post New]by Miern on Nov 3, 11 7:47 PM
Am experiencing the same problem bwittn has experienced. The game just keeps shutting down when it almost finishes loading on the map view. Have tried it several times. Takes about 2 minutes off the time every time. Isn't worth my trouble continuing to try. Guess I will just trash the demo. And I was so looking forward to playing it. *sigh*
~M

SharonB49
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by SharonB49 on Nov 4, 11 12:29 PM
Near the end (I think) of the game, play funnels down to the need to cut a cord holding a chicken as the only action from which you can progress. The obvious (and apparently only available) item for doing so is a pair of scissors. I have clicked the scissors all over the place on the cord and chicken and it will not take the action.

I've restarted the program a couple of times, and I've confirmed via the posted walkthrough that the scissors are the correct tool.

At least one other person is having the same difficulty. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by balousassy on Nov 4, 11 1:03 PM
thestjohns wrote:I was in the City of Ruins and had just gotten the key for the desk by trapping the creature using the raisins. When I get to the room with the desk I accidentally took the key from the inventory and clicked on the desk instead of clicking on the desk first (for the close up view), and now the key has disappeared and I can't open the desk. I checked back at the trap but the key is gone, and I have nothing in my inventory. I'm sure that if I had clicked on the desk first then used the key it would have worked. Is this a glitch that needs to be fixed, as I can't go any further without the key?!

I have the exact same problem thestjohns has. but more , i started first time and got as far as the underwater fishsub i had to torch the door , i had the torch but click as i may i could not fire torch the door to have it open , even after going to the walktrough and clicking at the exact same spot they showed, so i started over .. the whole thing .. now i get to the desk and did the exact same thing as thestjohn did and lost the key... i do not feel like starting over for a third time... maybe in a month or two ,, maybe they will have fixed it by then.

grandmaej
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by grandmaej on Nov 5, 11 8:54 PM
SharonB49
where do i find the scissors i am stuck

Go to: