Anyone finished the game?

[Post New]by soundgrumpy on Oct 29, 11 1:17 PM
I must be near the end of the game.
The game is crashing on the last of collecting the seals(think there are 11). There's two blue wings with a coin in between.
When I click the 3 of them it begins too swirl and then crashes with a violation code
Anyone have this problem?
Frustrating not to have had an issue to this point?
I've checked everything required to play games and have the latest version of all.
Suggestions would be welcome because it's truly a great game

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

Re:Anyone finished the game?

[Post New]by cstdenis on Oct 29, 11 3:29 PM
Check out my thread about the access violation error and try the workaround I described. It may work for you.

[Post New]by soundgrumpy on Oct 29, 11 3:58 PM
I did see your post and thanks for replying but I always use the shortcut...never access my games through the game manager.

Did you finish the game by any chance?

PS...I just noticed you put instructions in the original post. Now I'll see if I can figure it out lol

Edited on 10/29/2011 at 4:02:55 PM PST

[Post New]by soundgrumpy on Oct 29, 11 4:22 PM
I figured out your instructions....it worked at first and then I got another access violation code.....so there has to be a glitch in this game at the point I reached

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Oct 29, 11 4:32 PM
sorry it didn't work for you.
I'm not finished yet, I'm in the 8th chapter (I have 11 more levels to go). At which level did it do this to you?

I had it do it in sec 6, and my workaround fixed the error. Guess customer support is the only option now. I hope they'll come out with a new build for this as lots of people are having trouble.

[Post New]by soundgrumpy on Oct 29, 11 5:32 PM
I'm at 8-13

Trying to find the last seal and that's where it keeps crashing. I had no problems until then like so many others.

I did contact support with a Dr Felix log.....not sure if this will pinpoint that level or not lol

Edited on 10/29/2011 at 5:56:41 PM PST

Theory
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Theory on Oct 30, 11 3:17 AM
Hi, I got that problem ear;ier on as well. I went into the program files and use the startup there and the problem is fixed. Later I used the Windows startup manual and so fat so good. Just skip the game manager and don't used desk top short cut. HTH!

Larissa_Jane
Flounder
Flounder
2,273 Posts

[Post New]by Larissa_Jane on Nov 3, 11 10:59 PM
hey soundgrumpy!
After many hours of adddictive play I finally got the last seal.
Then you place them on the scroll...phew, finished at last, I thought! but... oh no!
now come the extras...build a palace which is much the same type of play as before, and puzzles....
These are very tough. the entire screen has to be cleared in a certain # of moves. (the first puzzle was 4 moves...arg!!!) So, the palace is coming along, but the puzzles are still at the starting gate.
pm me when you get here and we can compare notes.

[Post New]by AspectsLink on Nov 26, 11 5:07 PM
i've finished the game fully, twice.
Was looking at awards, when i discovered i'd missed the City treasures totally.
Good! Now to begin the 3rd time around.
Also, have had not a jot of trouble with this game locking up.
Now waiting for the 4th version.
(thot the first and second versions were more difficult)

[Post New]by holby49 on Nov 28, 11 3:55 PM
I to got to the last seal to find the scene crashes,tried the fixes which did'nt work and tried reloading the game and still had the same problem.So annoying as it is a good game

[Post New]by bighelen on Nov 28, 11 4:11 PM
This is so frustrating did the whole game to the last seal ...........then crash

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Nov 30, 11 7:17 AM
holby49 wrote:I to got to the last seal to find the scene crashes,tried the fixes which did'nt work and tried reloading the game and still had the same problem.So annoying as it is a good game

Try turning off the High Definition and playing in windowed mode (for just the last seal) through the options menu. This has gotten some other people past that bug. good luck with it.

dear_gamer
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by dear_gamer on Jan 18, 12 1:43 AM
Yes. I finished the game for many rounds and collected all the awards.

Go to: