textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Comments for Weird Park: Broken Tune Collector's Edition

[Post New]by textrekkie on Oct 30, 11 12:11 AM
A place for your comments about the game.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

Re:Comments for Weird Park: Broken Tune Collector's Edition

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Oct 30, 11 12:17 AM
Good Morning all.

Downloading now !!! LOL.

Honestly I am so happy I have been waiting for this game for ages & ages & have been googling it at leest once a week ever since I beta'd it.

I playied it 3 times before I wiped my computer & my memory is telling me it is up there with the JOYVILLE games.

I also remember it being a bit "creepy", but not in the usual sense LOL.

I will do a review later - in the review thread- , when I have tried out the CE version. I know it is a big no-no, but it was an instant buy for me. I have kept 2 credits on ice ever since I read this game was to be released this month.

Enjoy it all, I am sure you will.

Jojo

Edited on 10/30/2011 at 12:18:08 AM PST

WPat651044
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by WPat651044 on Oct 30, 11 12:20 AM
I am downloading this game now. I won't be buying it until the first but will review it then.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 30, 11 12:39 AM
Creepy as in ghosts and spiders? Or gory as in torture chambers, guillotines ratio to rats skulls and blood? Looks colorful and fun, nice graphics,music cheery. Haven't I played same theme amusement park in 3 games recently? Let us know in reviews later what's outstanding here, can you mention the dev? Just need 2 punches now so willl be back later to read since it's a CE

Thanks, going back to Spooky sale shopping. have OD'd on demos.

Edited on 10/30/2011 at 12:40:55 AM PST

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Oct 30, 11 12:47 AM
Well I've played 30 minutes and I'm not sure. It seems to be a good game, but I found it slightly irritating. Whenever you put the mouse in a area where you can move to, an arrow pops up (pretty standard) but the area also sparkles just incase you didn't see the arrow? Hidden Object scenes also sparkle away as well as a few other areas, there is no option to turn them off! There is also a click penalty that will annoy a few here I'm sure. I think it is quite a good game but could have been better.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Oct 30, 11 12:49 AM
jojo_the_joyful wrote:Good Morning all.

Downloading now !!! LOL.

Honestly I am so happy I have been waiting for this game for ages & ages & have been googling it at leest once a week ever since I beta'd it.

I playied it 3 times before I wiped my computer & my memory is telling me it is up there with the JOYVILLE games.

I will do a review later - in the review thread- , when I have tried out the CE version. I know it is a big no-no, but it was an instant buy for me. I have kept 2 credits on ice ever since I read this game was to be released this month.

Jojo

JoJo - You may want to say something up front for everyone about the strategy guide - how it looks like it's just pictures and how they have to click on a picture to get the "walkthrough" information.

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Oct 30, 11 1:09 AM
Deleted my previous post .

No buy for me . Reasons:

- no widescreen support
- too much help which you can't turn off in the options menu

Edited on 10/30/2011 at 1:09:42 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Oct 30, 11 1:12 AM
Over 600mb for a trial?? I dread to think how big a d/l the whole game must be!! The screenshots look colourful, bright and interesting. If it's anywhere near as good as Dreamland, should be a keeper.

Promised myself no more CE's unless they're exceptional; Royal Envoy 2, which is released tomorrow, will be a definite buy (hopefully it will be on this site by Thursday, if I can wait that long!!) but fingers crossed for this game too!

Edited on 10/30/2011 at 1:21:34 AM PST

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Oct 30, 11 1:25 AM
Look really quick when you click on a hint in the H0 scenes...each time, I have had to use the hint twice as I missed it the first time...annoying. I will get it just cuz I am ready to play a gaime...should just go to bed and wait until the first, lol, but I want a game to play this weekend. Something about this one though just seems kinda 'off' to me. I am hoping it will get better.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 30, 11 1:27 AM
angelfish106 wrote:Over 600mb for a trial?? I dread to think how big a d/l the whole game must be!!

Morning all!

Looks like you are either still half asleep or overtired and need to go to bed, Angelfish.

If you look underneath the "Try" and "Buy" buttons, you will see that this is NOT a trial version, but the whole game, which gives you an hour to play the demo.

Agent_99
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Agent_99 on Oct 30, 11 1:29 AM
jojo_the_joyful wrote:Good Morning all.

Downloading now !!! LOL.

Jojo

I thank you for your point of view and your insight

gailgo
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
43,711 Posts

[Post New]by gailgo on Oct 30, 11 1:34 AM
Click penalty ..........noooooooo buy for me, which is a shame as i loved Dreamland

Edited on 10/30/2011 at 1:38:16 AM PST

GirlPink
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by GirlPink on Oct 30, 11 2:06 AM
Dont worry Gailgo, this game is definitely not in the same league as Dreamland.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 30, 11 2:29 AM
A lot of H0 scenes in this game but mostly very easy. Although there are sparkles, it does not necessarily mean you can do anything in that area, so not too helpful in that way. I found it to be very engrossing. I did not come across a click penalty but then I do not continuously click around.
One of these games that you really need to give a fair trial. IMHO.
Have fun all.

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on Oct 30, 11 3:08 AM
An OK game but not in my opinion worth the CE price, reasons being....
1 incredibly easy HOS. I don't like tiny obscure objects but these were jumping up at me shreaking "here I am"
2 Almost a no brainer as to what to do next,due to constant sparkles.
3 Music irritating after a while.
4 Started to get annoyed with the stupid clowns popping up and not doing anything
5 Does not have the " wow factor" I want in my CE's

I stress this is only my opinion,after all it wouldn't be much good if we all liked the same things!

Happy Sunday to all who are liking this one

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Oct 30, 11 3:39 AM
bradalex wrote:An OK game but not in my opinion worth the CE price, reasons being....
1 incredibly easy HOS. I don't like tiny obscure objects but these were jumping up at me shreaking "here I am"
2 Almost a no brainer as to what to do next,due to constant sparkles.
3 Music irritating after a while.
4 Started to get annoyed with the stupid clowns popping up and not doing anything
5 Does not have the " wow factor" I want in my CE's

I stress this is only my opinion,after all it wouldn't be much good if we all liked the same things!

Happy Sunday to all who are liking this one

Well, my opinion too! Played for 35 mins. and just didn't see CE written on it anywhere. Also, I like the wall papers, (yes, I'm one of the ones who does,lol) and the SG(also a must in CEs) doesn't seem necessary in this one. Strike one: no wall papers, Strike 2 doesn't need a SG, strike three CE price ! Sorry and Devs,but, buying today is OUT!
Will probably get when the SE is released as I am curious about the ending!
Happy Gaming All

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Oct 30, 11 4:00 AM
Valdy wrote:
angelfish106 wrote:Over 600mb for a trial?? I dread to think how big a d/l the whole game must be!!

Morning all!

Looks like you are either still half asleep or overtired and need to go to bed, Angelfish.

If you look underneath the "Try" and "Buy" buttons, you will see that this is NOT a trial version, but the whole game, which gives you an hour to play the demo.

Well I have been up since just after 7.15am; so much for clocks going back and getting an extra hour of sleep! You're quite right of course, it is the demo and not a trial, so no gigantic download of the whole game! A relief for me as I am on a monthly d/l limit

Izziewizz
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Izziewizz on Oct 30, 11 4:22 AM
Before I download the entire game just to try it out, can I just confirm that it has sparkles and they can't be turned off?

Because if it has and they can't, I won't even bother with a DL.

Iz

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Oct 30, 11 4:43 AM
Izziewizz wrote:Before I download the entire game just to try it out, can I just confirm that it has sparkles and they can't be turned off?

Iz

Short answer is yes and yes! As well as showing a search scene, they've also been added to the direction arrows and appear when you move the cursor to an area that needs exploring.

I'm not a fan of overdone sparkles, however I can't say I found them at all irritating in this game. It's still worth a try; you never know, you might like the game in spite of the sparkles

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 30, 11 5:12 AM
Izziewizz wrote:Before I download the entire game just to try it out, can I just confirm that it has sparkles and they can't be turned off?

Iz

Yes. BUT they do not spoil things for you, as you cannot necessarily do anything where the sparkles are. This is a good long game and more difficult than it first appears. IMHO.

Go to: