textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Post Technical Problems for Weird Park: Broken Tune Collector's Editon Here

[Post New]by textrekkie on Oct 30, 11 12:47 AM
Please post any technical issues for this game here.

Edited on 10/31/2011 at 1:58:44 AM PST

Re:Post Technical Problems for Weird Park: Broken Tune Collector's Editon Here

[Post New]by dstanley1ny on Oct 30, 11 6:17 AM
I downloaded the game and when i tried to run it i get the following error:
Access violation at 0x004DE6D4(tried to feed from 0x00000004), program terminated

please help, thanks, Dee

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 30, 11 6:23 AM
dstanley1ny wrote:I downloaded the game and when i tried to run it i get the following error:
Access violation at 0x004DE6D4(tried to feed from 0x00000004), program terminated

please help, thanks, Dee

Welcome to the Pond.

I suggest that you uninstall it and re-install from the BFG website again.

[Post New]by dstanley1ny on Oct 30, 11 6:39 AM
I tried that already. Any other suggestions?

plushmoon
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

Bonus Gameplay Bug

[Post New]by plushmoon on Oct 30, 11 7:21 AM
Well, I am in the bonus gameplay, playing a hidden object scene in the house, on the third floor and up in the attic. The hidden object sparkles are in the hammock. The SG says a rope ladder is the object to get. Unfortunately, my last object was a scythe, I couldn't find it so I hit the hint button. I found the scythe, then the HOS just keeps being there, sparkles and all, the hint button shows nothing and doesn't "empty", I have no more objects on the list and the game is going nowhere - and guess what? No rope ladder in my inventory either!

I am glad at least that I got to play almost the entire game, and I am certainly not going to start again just to play those last few scenes (although there is still a bit of gameplay to go). Just wondering what happened and venting here; seems that almost every game lately has to have something wrong with it...

Edited on 10/30/2011 at 7:22:11 AM PST

smilestogo
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by smilestogo on Oct 30, 11 8:20 AM
Boo-hoo! I also get the following error:

I was truly looking forward to a spooky game for today and to purchase for the ongoing sale.

Can you fix this oneBF? I have already un-installed and re-downloaded and still get the same message.

Riverman73
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Riverman73 on Oct 30, 11 9:26 AM
Well, I am in the bonus gameplay, playing a hidden object scene in the house, on the third floor and up in the attic. The hidden object sparkles are in the hammock. The SG says a rope ladder is the object to get. Unfortunately, my last object was a scythe, I couldn't find it so I hit the hint button. I found the scythe, then the HOS just keeps being there, sparkles and all, the hint button shows nothing and doesn't "empty", I have no more objects on the list and the game is going nowhere - and guess what? No rope ladder in my inventory either!

I am glad at least that I got to play almost the entire game, and I am certainly not going to start again just to play those last few scenes (although there is still a bit of gameplay to go). Just wondering what happened and venting here; seems that almost every game lately has to have something wrong with it...

Edited on 10/30/2011 at 7:22:11 AM PST

I am having exactly the same problem. I think it must be a bug. I hope BFG will look into it and offer a fix.

Shirazee8
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by Shirazee8 on Oct 30, 11 9:56 AM
I downloaded the trial earlier today, just gone to Game Manager and it tells me that my trial has expired when I've not even played the game - extremely annoying!!!!! Don't suppose there's anything I can do about it either

ascorpion
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by ascorpion on Oct 30, 11 11:04 AM
I always have trouble with BFG's games playing in widescreen and I can't figure out why. It doesn't have an option other than fullscreen which brings bars on both sides of my panel.

[Post New]by sedise on Oct 30, 11 11:19 AM
I'm also getting that same error message. Seems like lately, I have nothing but problems with BFG downloads; extremely slow DL times, yesterday's TGT came up way off-center on my screen and couldn't be adjusted (even though the CE version played just fine), a wide variety of error codes popping up. Might be about time to reassess my membership.

Baybear
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Baybear on Oct 30, 11 12:13 PM
dstanley1ny wrote:I downloaded the game and when i tried to run it i get the following error:

please help, thanks, Dee

Add one more to the list... Same access violation error. Playing this on my PC emulator which has had no previous problems with any games except Midnight on the Misissippi.

I could send in the "report" with a Mr. Felix zip file, but every time I do this I get the standard "we're looking into this.. thanks for the file" answer and not ONCE has any fix been forthcoming. So I'll just wait and see if this gets fixed. I haven't bought the game, so no $$ lost here...

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Oct 30, 11 12:44 PM
I know this may sound very repetitive to most of our Pond Swimmer's. I found my solution's reading the tech forums, there are many computer knowledgeable fishies who have all found tweaks that you can make in order to be more game friendly.
These are some of the tricks I have used.
#1 Do a thorough regular house cleaning on your files, registry, and caches. Doing this gets rid of what is usually left from little dust motes(unnecessary files) that have been left on your computer after installing and uninstalling the many games and other deteriorates left behind just from regular surfing. Sometimes these leftovers can cause difficulties on new installations.
#2 Make sure you program automatic updates for all your drivers and security measures. You can also do this manually but I find it more convenient to be automatically notified whenever there is a new update to install.
#3 This is one of my own little tricks after doing all the above I shut down then restart my computer before reinstalling a problematic game download. I also always download to my desktop and install all downloads as Administrator.
As I've mentioned above there are still other tweaks that can be learned reading the forums.
If you are a computer newbie I recommend you not do any of the above without the aid of a good navigator to sit next to you and keep you from getting lost.

As always there is Dr. Felix ready and waiting to search out the little niches of your computer that may have a glitch that can solve whatever problems you may still have if none of the above which you may already practice has solved.
I hope some of this helps.

Shirazee8
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by Shirazee8 on Oct 30, 11 1:33 PM
but none of this would help my problem with it saying my trial has expired

chrysteen
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by chrysteen on Oct 30, 11 1:48 PM
is anyone having a problem with sound? I am getting a message telling me I cant get sound. anyone know how to fix it?

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Oct 30, 11 1:50 PM
Shirazee8 wrote:but none of this would help my problem with it saying my trial has expired

In this situation your best bet is Customer Service. They have always been most helpful to me, even if you have to wait over the weekends until they can get to your .

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Oct 30, 11 2:38 PM
Fix the help button! Even used the holding it down advice given in another thread but it didn't work all the time.

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Oct 30, 11 4:51 PM
The game downloaded, installed, etc in less than ten minutes. Problem came 50 minutes into the game. I scared the crow off of the lamp post with the kids blow whistle thingie, then I'm supposed to go to the merry-go-round and collect the ladder pieces. Only problem is, I can't get a close up on the merry-go-round.

[Post New]by dbegerb on Oct 30, 11 6:23 PM
Having troubles with the puzzle in the office....I thought I could plug in the " b3 d1 a4 c2" into it but that leaves one slot too many....(the puzzle is a cabnet in the corner mounted on the wall at the office at the top of the stairs)

astral27
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by astral27 on Oct 30, 11 9:17 PM
NO BUY OR TRY BUTTONS !! so am not able to purchasethe game!!!!

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Oct 30, 11 11:33 PM
ascorpion wrote:I always have trouble with BFG's games playing in widescreen and I can't figure out why. It doesn't have an option other than fullscreen which brings bars on both sides of my panel.

I had the same problem. Contact customer service for help they helped me to get the full screen on every game.

Good luck

Go to: