cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 30 October 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Oct 30, 11 12:54 AM
Any comments fishes?

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:Todays DD 30 October 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 30, 11 1:21 AM
Curses, foiled again! Another DD I have so can't buy for Pink Ribbon days, only one day left.

As I recall it is a very good game, popular when released, not a dud. One I enjoyed with some help, on the difficult side for me but must have had a walkthrough. Demo for yourself, different strokes different folks. I'd flesh out the game details but senior memory gaps tend to fade out unless it were yesterday. Maybe LOL

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Oct 30, 11 2:17 AM
Well, drat it, a game I didn't have, but the demo came up so tiny I couldn't play it. Wish I could figure out how to get that fixed.

puzzledone, my senior memory gap provides me with great details on far past events, but darn if I can remember what I demo'd yesterday, LOL. Although that might be the ADHD tweaking also. I just blame my cats for anything that goes missing in the real world, now I have to find a good excuse for the RLM (Random Lost Memory)

Have fun playing, you lucky fishies!

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Oct 30, 11 2:33 AM
I have played the demo for 41 minutes and I am hooked. Someone who knows what you can do(safecracking) kidnaps your son to blackmail you into cracking a Senator's (if I remember right) safe to steal something for him. And you're off! I will leave a more detailed description for those who are much better than I at it. That said, the graphics were sometimes a little grainy but not really bad at all IMO. The music was theme appropriate I thought, and though it annoyed me a little at first it began to grow on me. lol. There are on/off buttons for fullscreen, auto pause, and custom cursor. Sliders for SFX, music, and voice volume. The H0s are somewhat junk piley, but doable! Casual or expert modes available. I played casual mode and from reading some of the older reviews I believe there are sparklies in both modes. I had no problems either with the d/l or the game play. It is a buy for me! And I absolutely recommend trying and buying!
Happy Gaming All

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Oct 30, 11 2:57 AM
This game from Gogii is a bargain at $2.99 & of course a dollar goes to a good cause. It has a great storyline, Melissa is an ex cat burglar whose son is kidnapped & she has to go back to her former occupation for one last time. The voiceovers are good & there is a skip button at the top right on the cut scenes; the music is pretty repetitive.

The graphics are a little dated so not as crisp as games recently released but they are still pretty good & the scenes are full of detail.

There are a lot of Hidden Objects in two styles, one is the usual word list & the other is where you click on an area where there is a magnifying glass & have to find various objects identified from silhouettes to make something; for instance a ladder. Once you have found all these then you can move on to another scene or perform a specific task. At the end of each chapter you have to crack a safe, there are five; there is a skip button. Also after each chapter you can dress Melissa in different disguises.

In Casual mode the objects are identified by the cursor turning into a hand but in Advanced it does not; if you click too many times without finding something your cursor will be locked for a few moments. The hint recharges in 30 seconds for both modes of play.

One tiny bug; when I played Casual mode the hint button did not work for the first few H0 scenes but after I played in Advanced for a while & went back to the easier mode to see what happened the hint button then worked. Adding this to my game list will fill up a punchcard nicely

ETA apart from the bug when I tested Casual mode I played the rest of the game on Advanced mode with no problems. It took me just under four hours to finish.

Edited on 10/30/2011 at 7:34:14 AM PST

LittleFish884
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,181 Posts

[Post New]by LittleFish884 on Oct 30, 11 4:04 AM
Not my usual type of game due to the number of H0G scenes & the type they are, much prefer H0Gs that are relevant to the scene rather that junk pile BUT I am interested in the story enough to purchase. I think this makes number 11 for me, so if I like tomorrows it will be an even dozen

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Oct 30, 11 6:35 AM
Way too many tech.problems listed, especially about the ending. I played Little Noir all the way to the end and then couldn't finish. I don't want to take a chance on that heppening again. I read all the complaints about that game and said "What are the chances it happens to me?". i hate not being able to finish a game.

There has been no fix even though there are pages and pages of complaints. Think I'll sit this one out.

Annietano
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Annietano on Oct 30, 11 7:07 AM
I haven't played this game before, but so far I'm liking it. I'm only a few minutes into it, and I am having trouble finding the light bulb that is needed to illuminate the street light in the alley. Can anyone help?

vervaine
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,122 Posts

[Post New]by vervaine on Oct 30, 11 7:07 AM
The game is pleasant and fun to play, the story is interesting and I really liked it despite abundance of H0 searches - maybe because items are easy to find - BUT moving from screen to screen took ages. The game just stops, even music stops playing, the cursor freezes, and after several seconds it loads. It seems to be getting worse, and I played only for 15 minutes. Maybe it's because my antivirus put the whole thing into sandbox but I don't like changing my settings. If there were no technical difficulties, I would have bought Vault Cracker right away.

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Oct 30, 11 7:31 AM
I beta tested this game and bought it when it first came out. It's a terrific game in my opinion. I am not a huge fan of HOGs but this one was excellent. More than worth the DD price.

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Oct 30, 11 7:34 AM
30 minutes in & I'm liking it! At the DD price, I think it seems like a pretty good deal. Kinda curious about the length. I do remember trying this game as more of a newbie to H OGS & didn't buy it cuz I was a bit confused. This one fills a punch card for me!! Yipeeeee!

minx69696969
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by minx69696969 on Oct 30, 11 7:44 AM
H0G scenes far too easy peasy for me, I wanted to like it but I also didn't like the voice-overs. Need two more for my third punch card this month but alas this is not one

[Post New]by ManatiPuertoRico on Oct 30, 11 9:56 AM
Ok couldn't resist, this is different. I like that the main character (a girl) is NOT the damsel in distress she is the one that kick butts and gets her kid back!!! I hope I haven’t finished the game just the demo and currently buying it. Thanks BF one more for the cause.

alowan
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by alowan on Oct 30, 11 12:12 PM
Will not be buying. I'm running W7, and am up to date on Java, etc. yet hints do not work. On skimming the tech thread, I see it's common to be unable to pick up Mouse's file in the safe, and Fishies that had that problem also had others I do not want to deal with. I am not about to do multiple re-starts.

Not only that, but there are plot idiocies... the zip line is magically attached to the roof; and the bouncer doesn't notice someone hooking his guest list?

Uh-uh. Buh-bye!

suzyoz
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by suzyoz on Oct 30, 11 1:08 PM
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this game!

Strixi
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Strixi on Oct 30, 11 1:55 PM
Bought it when it came out. Good story, strong lead character, decent graphics. Highly recommended for $2.99.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Oct 30, 11 3:16 PM
Don't know how I missed this when it was released. Tried today and bought at the end of demo. I played the demo on casual mode. But this is a sparkly little devil for sure, so after I bought it, re-started in advanced mode. Maybe not quite as many sparkles, but still plenty to go around.

I actually like the graphics and found almost all the items to be fairly sized. Voices are okay for me. Judging by my progress today, even with just 5 chapters it looks to be a fairly lengthy game.

I like that each new job is a chapter so variety in locations...other than getting her into the next disguise. Not to be judgmental, but it must have been a guy who shopped for her, don't you think?

This makes #11 for the DD's this month. Midnight tonite is our last shot, hope it's a good one for alot of folks.

neola
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by neola on Oct 30, 11 7:56 PM
Totally great game for the $3 price, and I didn't have any of the technical problems mentioned by several other people - me running HP laptop with Vista. Some of the HOItems were a tad hard to see, but everything flowed nicely. There's still time if you're on the fence. It's fun and very relaxing.

[Post New]by LuketheFluke on Oct 30, 11 9:16 PM
Gotta pass on this one, already have 2 punch cards this month. Played the demo and didn't feel the urge to bite on this one.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Nov 2, 11 4:37 PM
I bought the game and have nothing but technical problems. I'm so disgusted I'm asking for a refund. This game is just full of problems, to bad, I liked the game.

Go to: