christl17
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

How to use the Hint Button

[Post New]by christl17 on Oct 30, 11 9:36 AM

you. need not only to click on the hint button, but to hold it. As long as you hold it,
the green circle will remain around the hidden item. Hope this helps.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

Re:How to use the Hint Button

[Post New]by _DD_ on Oct 30, 11 10:01 AM
Thank you! (can't try any more, but noted down)

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

How to use the Hint Button

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 30, 11 10:48 AM
christl17 wrote:
you. need not only to click on the hint button, but to hold it. As long as you hold it,
the green circle will remain around the hidden item. Hope this helps.

Now that is just ridiculous.

The thing is, the HINT button sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't with me. Say it's a 50/50 chance that when I click on the HINT button, I get a circle around an object, and the rest of the time, I don`t.

So IF you are supposed to hold the HINT button down for it to work, then why does it work every so often without me having to hold it down?

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Oct 30, 11 12:43 PM
Thank you christi!

That's very helpful information!

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Oct 30, 11 1:28 PM
Very very helpful-thanks!

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Oct 30, 11 2:35 PM
Thanks so much. Tried your advice and it worked most of the time but sometime it didn't work no matter what. Just wished it worked all the time.

How stupid. Did they just assume we would find out about the holding thing?

This is pretty much a deal breaker for me.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Oct 30, 11 2:51 PM
If I am so stuck I need the hint, I don't want to click it once, then wait another minute or so for it to reload so I can click it again. And if I am supposed to hold the button down for it to work, then they should tell us that, duh. Will give it another try this evening, but even though I bought it, I am not all that eager to get back to it. I do hope it does get better, as some have said it is a good game. I didn't particularly enjoy Dreamland though, if I recall correctly.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Oct 30, 11 7:26 PM
If the hint is for another location, the first click is weak. But there's no hint charge time-out for navigation. Hit it again right away and it will more forcibly green-circle the "back out" option if available. Otherwise your task lies within the screen you're viewing.

Edited on 10/30/2011 at 7:31:12 PM PST

Go to: