stuck on level 3-5

billijay
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

stuck on level 3-5

[Post New]by billijay on Oct 30, 11 12:19 PM
help needed stuck on the above level, no matter what i do the time runs out before i have had chance to complete any of the middle. any ideas?

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

Re:stuck on level 3-5

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Nov 14, 12 8:56 AM
I'm stuck in exactly the same place and have been for weeks! This is a beautiful game to play, but I have found no hints, help, or anything on it. And it becomes no fun when you get stuck on any level!

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Jan 6, 13 4:30 AM
After all this time I'm still at Level 3-5! I see no way to complete the Level at all!

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Jan 7, 13 10:03 AM
Hi. I've done this level with expert score. My discussion “Zenerchi tips” describes my method which works for getting expert scores up to 5-1. I'm stuck on 5-2, though! It seems harder when the colours bubble out from the centre instead of moving in. A brief method: work down getting rid of blockers from the outside in systematically, getting rid of all those on one ring with 3 matches before moving in to the next ring. If you get in trouble try to move a bomb to where it can help with blockers or filling and use it. With a little difficulty, I got rid of all the blockers, then I made matches of 5 to fill in colours. Hope that helps. I know it is one of the trickier levels.

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Jan 7, 13 8:44 PM
festclick wrote:Hi. I've done this level with expert score. My discussion “Zenerchi tips” describes my method which works for getting expert scores up to 5-1. I'm stuck on 5-2, though! It seems harder when the colours bubble out from the centre instead of moving in. A brief method: work down getting rid of blockers from the outside in systematically, getting rid of all those on one ring with 3 matches before moving in to the next ring. If you get in trouble try to move a bomb to where it can help with blockers or filling and use it. With a little difficulty, I got rid of all the blockers, then I made matches of 5 to fill in colours. Hope that helps. I know it is one of the trickier levels.

Thanks for trying to help, but I'm afraid I don't understand. You talk about moving a bomb, but I didn't know that this game had bombs!

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Jan 9, 13 5:50 AM
Sorry, I was using a term I'd read in the forum. The correct term is "burst”. As the help section does explain, if you click through and read it all, you create a burst by making a 5 match. If you double-click the burst it then “blows up” affecting other pieces. A small burst destroys 4 adjacent pieces as well as itself. If you can arrange 2 or more of these pieces destroyed to be blockers, you have made quick progress towards destroying blockers. Other bursts have different effects as explained in the help section. You need to use gaps and matches to move your burst to the right place to be helpful.

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Jan 10, 13 1:38 PM
festclick wrote:Sorry, I was using a term I'd read in the forum. The correct term is "burst”. As the help section does explain, if you click through and read it all, you create a burst by making a 5 match. If you double-click the burst it then “blows up” affecting other pieces. A small burst destroys 4 adjacent pieces as well as itself. If you can arrange 2 or more of these pieces destroyed to be blockers, you have made quick progress towards destroying blockers. Other bursts have different effects as explained in the help section. You need to use gaps and matches to move your burst to the right place to be helpful.

I think that must be my problem then I have no idea how to move the "burst"?

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Jan 11, 13 2:54 AM
Check out my discussion of Zenerchi tips. To move a burst, you must have gaps and know how to use them. To make a large gap and maintain it, in a puzzle where new colours come in from outside, you have to block those colours from entering by retaining a blocker in the outer ring. You can clear out that block by making matches in it. Because no new colours come into the block, you can have the whole block empty except for the blocker, as long as you are careful not to drop in colours from other rings. Once you have such an empty block, you can rotate your burst to drop right down to the second ring, on top of your blocker, then rotate it where when set off it can destroy 2 or more blockers. It may sound complicated, but maintaining gaps and making bursts in them with 5 matches is crucial to finish the harder levels where you don't have enough time to get rid of blockers with 3 matches.

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Jan 13, 13 7:56 AM
Gee I wish you could be here with me and show me what you are talking about! Sadly that isn't possible. I'm a "show me" person more than a "tell me" person when it comes to learning new things. But where is your discussion of Zenerchi tips? Maybe if I can read your whole discussion something might help me! I'm sure sick of Level 3-5!

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Jan 13, 13 8:55 AM
In this forum this discussion is about the 4th one down and my Zenerchi tips discussion is about the 6th one down. I'm surprised you didn't see it straight away. Maybe you don't have the default setting for seeing the most recent discussions. Since I'm completely stuck myself on level 6-3 I don't mind making a video of level 3-5 for you. I'm hoping a few people who share tips can rise through the levels helping each other out. My video will be on you-tube in a day or two, and you can search for Zenerchi level 3-5 to find it.

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Mar 23, 13 9:30 PM
I read the discussion and even viewed Zenerchi on YouTube and I'm still stuck on Level 3-5! I hardly ever even bother trying the game now!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jun 7, 13 8:49 PM
Hi FreeBird01, hopefully you've made it off 3-5 by now, but what I did was to work on the top half of the entire tube first (if you line it up right, you'll get multiple matches that clear out the blockers in the upper half). Then I just focused on getting pieces to match up in between the pairs of colored blockers close to the center as it only takes one tile in between each one to match them and kept doing that until most of those were out of the way. Then just make matches of 4 or 5 into the color cylinders and/or to get bursts to help you out.

Must warn you that this game gets a lot harder...I'm totally stuck on 6-3 and if I ever make it off that, am dreading what 10-1 looks like!

Congrats on your morph into a .

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Oct 18, 13 2:21 AM
I'm still stuck at 3-5. And I saw someone else that was stuck at the same level you are! I'll try as best as I can to do what you said. But it is difficult to read something and then try to do it by yourself. If you were here to show me what you did it would be much easier, but you aren't here! Thanks for your Congrats on my morph

Edited on 10/18/2013 at 2:23:07 AM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 18, 13 4:54 PM
Sorry to hear you're still stuck, FreeBird...I'm wondering if it's because you're having trouble using the gaps on the board as they appear. Since this is a rotating puzzle it took me quite a while to figure out how to create and use the gaps (black spaces) to my advantage. The top part of 3-5 isn't too rough because at the start you can line up a large block of matching colors and clear out a good part of it right away. To get the blockers farther down in the tube, it's best to utilize the gaps that show up every so often and slide the right colored tiles out into them so you can slip the matching color in between the pairs of blockers to gradually free up the rest of the tube. This is sort of like using the empty spaces to move jewels around in the Jewel Quest games, but it's more complex in Zenerchi because every time you rotate a ring the gaps will move too. You do not necessarily have to clear every blocker in the tube to win, but you do need to have at least one space open per colored sector in the center so that matches will count. Blockers prevent your matches from counting (even if they are the right color for the sector) as long as they are present.

I lost my hard drive a few weeks back ( ) and haven't gone back to play this level just yet so I can't remember if the pieces come from the center or from the outside edge of the tube in 3-5, but having a blocker somewhere in the way prevents pieces from coming in on that part and creates a gap (black space) when tiles around the blocker are matched. If you leave the blocker there you can spin the rings around and shift the black spaces/tiles around to rearrange them. This can also be used to move tiles up or down in the tube. As I mentioned earlier, figuring out how to move the gaps around takes practice, but it is a critical part of the strategy for nearly all the levels in the game. Hope that helps and isn't too confusing...and best of luck!

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Dec 5, 13 3:03 AM
Still stuck! I can tell you that the pieces come from the outer edges. Or to put it another way they come from the top down not from the center up. The only thing I do about the blockers is try to get rid of them! And it bums me out when colors drop down that aren't a part of the colors that are needed. I have to admit I have pretty much given up on the game

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Dec 7, 13 7:20 AM
Sorry to hear about that...may not be the game for you.

I was replaying a little last night and noticed that the blockers on 3-5 are maybe the first time it gives out the ones that require either multiple matches or a bigger match to break. If you are only doing M3s on these blockers, it will take too long. The trick is to set up a M4 or M5 on them where you use the blocker as one of the tiles in the color stack, then making the big match will get rid of the blocker in one go. On 3-5 it was easiest to have the blocker be the lowest tile in a stack, then set up the other 3-4 of the same color on top of it. If you can make more M5s over M4s you will get several bursts that you can use to blow up some more blockers. I sort of chipped my way down the tube until every color cylinder had at least one space open and then used that open space to make matches that would count into that cylinder.

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Dec 25, 13 10:00 PM
Now that is some more helpful information. I haven't been making enough matches! A few nights ago I came the closest I ever have to getting that level finished. There was only about a 1/4 probably much less that needed to turn to the white diamond. In a way it encouraged me by giving me for the first time the feeling that I could do it, but it another way it discouraged me because I haven't come anywhere close to what I did that one night! And also I don't know what I did that night that was different from any other time I have played level 3-5!

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Dec 26, 13 1:58 AM
A slightly late Christmas present arrived! I finally completed level 3-5!!!!!!!!!!! However, my joy was much too short lived for as long as I had waited for that to happen. I should have just stopped after finally getting 3-5, but no I had to move on to 4-1--mistake!!!!!!!!!!!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Dec 26, 13 6:22 PM
Congrats on perservering and getting past 3-5! Must warn you that it gets a lot harder, sorry... To get past the higher levels you pretty much have to focus on making M4s and M5s as often as possible. There are some levels that have super blockers that will take multiple M5s to break. I like to think of Zenerchi as not so much a "M3" game but a M4 or M5 game. You also have to use the gaps efficiently to make setups and use the bursts (bombs) to clear out the gray blockers as needed.

If you haven't tried it yet, you can also play the game in Zen mode, which is untimed, but has a different twist of every so many moves blockers will randomly appear in the tube. That can help you learn how to use the gaps to create setups or use the bursts more effectively. Good luck!

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Dec 29, 13 5:49 PM
I think the game cheats you a bit anyway, by starting the dot going around on the time before any game pieces start to fall! Plus it depends on what colors drop down as to how many M4 and M5 Matches you can make. And it also locks up pieces and you have to break that lock which can take time. All in all I find this game to be very misleading. The parts I played before I purchased the game were very easy misleading me into thinking that as the levels past yes it would get harder (all games do), but not so much harder that the game is no fun anymore at all! When I first started complaining about Level 3-5 Big Fish offered to let me get another game to replace Zenerchi, but I didn't take them up on their offer! I was a member of the Big Fish Club at the time, but I'm not now.

Go to: