joannickle
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
45,038 Posts

Mystery of the ancients: Lockwood Manor

[Post New]by joannickle on Oct 30, 11 2:31 PM
Is anyone having a problem with this game during play. It froze once and I shut it down and then it played all right. I played till I got to the grind stone and was to make a blunt sword sharp but the stone would not do anything. Can't progress unless that works. So finally I uninstalled and reinstalled, changed names as well. Once again I got to this point and I might add this is at least three fourths of the way into the game. Still the grindstone doesn't work. I would like to finish this game.Does anyone have an answer for this problem. Please help if you do!
Thanks!

FlatSlewFoot
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,559 Posts

Re:Mystery of the ancients: Lockwood Manor

[Post New]by FlatSlewFoot on Oct 30, 11 2:41 PM
I suggest you look at the walkthrough joan, just to make sure you're not missing something in the gameplay:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/mystery-of-the-ancients-lockwood-manor-walkthrough/?npc=social&npv1=eng&npv2=fr&npv3=bfg&npv4=eng&npv5=mysteryoftheancientslockwoodsewalkthrough&npv6=20111019&npi=engfrbfgengmysteryoftheancientslockwoodsewalkthrough20111019

I couldn't find any other posts about problems at the grindstone in this game. I decided not to pick Lockwood up because of the technical problems I had with the demo, so I have no direct way of helping you

Edited on 10/30/2011 at 2:44:26 PM PST

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Oct 30, 11 3:13 PM
It played fine for me, joan. Didn't have a single problem.

But some users did report tech issues. You may want to check the tech thread in the forum. I know there were several.

joannickle
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
45,038 Posts

[Post New]by joannickle on Oct 30, 11 4:36 PM
Hi flats, Good to chat with you Thanks for answering. I did that no help there, bsut Thanks ayway. I checked the walk through very caryfully.

Hugs!

joannickle
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
45,038 Posts

[Post New]by joannickle on Oct 30, 11 4:40 PM
Hi Tex, Thanks for getting back to me and offering what I wish was a helpful suggestion. I went to the tech thread and also the forum for all games and they suggested I create a new thread about the issue. I read everything I could find on the game and no one apparently has had the problem. At least not those that have responded. I have tried holding the sword to the stone and everywhere around it. Thanks again for trying to help.

Hugs!

FlatSlewFoot
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,559 Posts

[Post New]by FlatSlewFoot on Oct 30, 11 4:44 PM
I'm sorry you've hit such a miserable spot Joan. Wish somebody had an answer for you.

joannickle
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
45,038 Posts

[Post New]by joannickle on Oct 30, 11 4:56 PM
Thanks! I got finally. I needed to touch not with the blade of the sword but with the middle, in other words the picture and cursor where not really in sync. Thanks for the help. Sometimes it's an easy fix but if you don't know what it is it seems hard. Hugs!

bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Oct 31, 11 4:19 AM
Hi Fishies,

Glad to know you found a solution joannickle I'm just popping in to let you know I'll be moving this thread in the Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor Forum. This way it will be easier for other players to join in on the conversation! Please feel free to continue your discussion over there.

Happy Gaming!

bfgKenai

LULU5635
Marlin
Marlin
8,049 Posts

[Post New]by LULU5635 on Oct 31, 11 6:44 AM
In my 1st. d/l of the game, there were NO words in the dialogue balloons OR the hidden object list! I deleted it then re-installed it and had no more problems at all.

[Post New]by smartvalerie on Nov 21, 11 9:54 AM
I only had one stuck place! When I blew up the wall with the TNT, I did the 3 fingers & shut it down, next time I blew up the wall all was well. I have enjoyed this game & recommend it. It fits my wide screen & the picture is nice & clear. Hints are excellent.

Go to: