Comments for Fairway

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Comments for Fairway

[Post New]by textrekkie on Oct 31, 11 12:16 AM
A place for your comments about the game.

Edited on 10/31/2011 at 9:44:21 AM PST

sandiegosteve
Salmon
Salmon
2,996 Posts

Re:Comments for Fairway Solitaire

[Post New]by sandiegosteve on Oct 31, 11 12:23 AM
Hi, My name is Steve and I'm a Fairway addict..(Hi Steve)...I just wanted to say...Keep coming back ...It works

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Oct 31, 11 12:30 AM
What Happened to Queen of Death?

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Oct 31, 11 12:33 AM
I'm interested in what the length difference is between the CE and the SE. Does anyone know?

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 31, 11 12:43 AM
Bpup wrote:I'm interested in what the length difference is between the CE and the SE. Does anyone know?

The difference in time is less than 4 weeks!! The CE was released on 4th October.
I wonder how this compares to the waiting time for the SE of the latest HE game.
Sorry Bpup, your question was too tempting.
Now, back to your regular programming.
Cheers
Edited for correction: According to the top 100 list, the CE was released on 3rd not 4th of October.

Edited on 10/31/2011 at 9:30:10 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 31, 11 12:44 AM
roxycavalier wrote:What Happened to Queen of Death?

Seems she got lost in Weird Park.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Oct 31, 11 12:51 AM
Bpup wrote:I'm interested in what the length difference is between the CE and the SE. Does anyone know?

I bought the CE because I didn't own the first fairway and it comes with 6 pages of courses 3,6,9 holes long, it varies. It also has a set of games you can purchase on page 7 and pages 8-16 are the first fairway game so if you don't have it, its worth purchasing the CE. However, if you have the fairway game already, you'd want to just buy the SE. hope that helps!

edited to say: the fairway classic game pages 8-16 isn't the exact same as the original as you dont have to do certain things to get to the next level. You are just earning stars and in the CE version there are 426 stars to collect I think and I have been playing it everyday for a couple hours since it came out and I have only gotten 128 out of 426 stars so far. its a long game.

Edited on 10/31/2011 at 12:52:54 AM PST

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Oct 31, 11 1:07 AM
sandiegosteve wrote:Hi, My name is Steve and I'm a Fairway addict..(Hi Steve)...I just wanted to say...Keep coming back ...It works

Great Steve, thanks for shareing.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 31, 11 1:45 AM

DragonLadyOz wrote:

The difference in time is less than 4 weeks!! The CE was released on 4th October.
I wonder how this compares to the waiting time for the SE of the latest HE game.
Sorry Bpup, your question was too tempting.
Now, back to your regular programming.
Cheers

Morning, all.

Well, the difference is that in the CE version, the original game "Fairway Solitaire" was included as the bonus game. *naughty developers*

And the CE was released on the 2. of October (there was a new version out on the 4. of October), and I am stunned to see this game already here as an SE... AND I am super glad as well, since the SE of "Hidden Expedition" was rather unexpected (I already own the CE), and I still needed one more punch to fill up a card this month, and I was going to buy this game anyway, so...

YEAH !

ETA: And since it's still a Halloween Sale, I only pay $4.99 for it. So...

DOUBLE YEAH !

Happy Halloween and Happy Samhain !

Edited on 10/31/2011 at 1:59:34 AM PST

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Oct 31, 11 1:51 AM
cll1950 wrote:
sandiegosteve wrote:Hi, My name is Steve and I'm a Fairway addict..(Hi Steve)...I just wanted to say...Keep coming back ...It works

Great Steve, thanks for shareing.

Wow, knowing that a "Fairway addict" supposedly approves of this game should help us all make up our minds about purchasing it! (Actually, I did, and I'm glad, although, so far, it's not as complete as the first one (I've never played a "3-hole" course!).

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Oct 31, 11 2:07 AM
OT, but I always read your name as Sandie....go Steve! Thought you were a Sandie rooting on DH Steve. Just now realized it's San Diego Steve ...back to the game, no need for ce since I have the first one already.

LikaLaruku
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by LikaLaruku on Oct 31, 11 2:08 AM
We have a little saying; "You always prefer the one you played first, & if you don't you are the exception."

So this remake will do best among those who never played the original from many years ago.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 31, 11 2:12 AM
LikaLaruku wrote:We have a little saying; "You always prefer the one you played first, & if you don't you are the exception."

So this remake will do best among those who never played the original from many years ago.

Well, perhaps. I only got the original game a few weeks ago, when there was a "FAIRWAY" code out that you could use to get it with for FREE. Since I don't know anything about golf, I never considered buying it, but since it was free, I downloaded it. And I do enjoy the game.

However, what I like about this new game is the excellent graphics. And anyway, I have several different Solitaire games, which I all play more or less at the same time. And for $4.99, I don't mind adding this one to my collection.

ETA: And apart from the really well done graphics, I also like the fact that you have a choice of card faces and backgrounds, AND, most importantly for me and others who don`t know anything about golf, I like the tutorial, which tells me all about "Par" and such things.
When I played the first game, I didn't have a clue what score I sometimes needed, because I don't know the specific golf terms. So I am really glad this game tells me what I need to know.

Also, even though this game is similar to the last one - which solitaire game isn't? - there are also lots of different things that this game has and the previous one didn't have.

Edited on 10/31/2011 at 3:54:03 AM PST

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Oct 31, 11 3:17 AM
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated!

[Post New]by Coronagold on Oct 31, 11 4:30 AM
Fairway is a great game if your blood pressure can handle all the times you'll be screaming at the card deck to go higher or lower when it spits out 10 redundant cards in a row near the end of the deck.

Edited on 10/31/2011 at 4:31:02 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 31, 11 4:33 AM
I have already bought the CE on the release date and never regret it. Its a very long and good game and a steal as the SE. Happy gaming everyone

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Oct 31, 11 4:58 AM
Bought the CE and have really enjoyed the game. I got the original game with the coupon deal a few months ago, and it was fun. However, I was never able to make it all the way around the course. I really like this version because you can earn money (Wild cards for different mini-games) and buy extra irons to use. These extra irons really help when you draw redundant cards, like Coronagold mentioned, or have cards on the board that have absolutely no numerical correlation. You can also use the money earned to buy golf aids in the Golf Shop that will help you with the game (Water Hazard diuretic, etc). I finally made it all around the course, and now I am earning extra money to buy the bonus games, by replaying the first courses, which were easier than the later courses (those Chaos courses drove me crazy!). I am also replaying courses to try and earn three stars on them, for a lot of courses I only earned two stars for my game score (and some are really hard to even make a par score on the course). This is a great game as a SE. and with the Halloween sale price of $4.99, a really great deal.

Edited on 10/31/2011 at 4:59:34 AM PST

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Oct 31, 11 7:07 AM
I really enjoyed the original Fairway Solitaire, especially the commentary by the "Aussie" guy who sounded amazingly like PGA pro Ian Baker-Finch. I didn't buy the CE for this current version, but I "hopped" all over the SE today! ($4.99? Good deal!).

This one might not quite measure up to the first one, but it's got its own charm. The graphics and animations are really good, and I like the choices for cursor and front & back of the cards. The voice acting by "Jack Hogan" is good, but he's not a "Baker-Finch" sound-alike. The two tutorials are good aids--they explain most of the game's details well ("sand trap" cards, "water hazard" cards, choosing an "iron" to change the face card, etc.). The only drawback are the "three-hole" courses--give us nine, anyways!

It's fun trying to earn money to buy extra perks, like more irons, for example. The "Shop" is loaded with these "perks," but most of them cost beaucoup bucks! Remember the "gopher" from "Caddyshack"? He's back!

Now, as Coronagold and Sandebeach have both noted, it can get frustrating when you flip a bunch of useless cards, and wind up with a 4-over-par score for a hole, but I say, Welcome to the real world of golf! No matter how many errant shots you make, you'll definitely want to come back and play again!

Regards, elldee

Sportspaz1449
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

[Post New]by Sportspaz1449 on Oct 31, 11 4:40 PM

Hi Steve,

And that was hillarious! Thanks for making my day with your introduction!

A pleasure to meet you!

I unfortunatly cannot play, I have a wide screen and none of my resolutions work!

Looks like a hoot of a game!

Enjoy....

"CHEERS"

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Oct 31, 11 7:03 PM

lol I am hopelessly addicted to this game as well. I have other games now that I start playing the demo and buy and then I just can't get around to playing them because I have to play Fairway. It made me late for an appointment the other day because I could not pry myself away from it. Its very addicting!

Go to: