bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

Post any Fairway technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Oct 31, 11 1:09 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

BSF0819
Flounder
Flounder
2,129 Posts

Re:Post any Fairway technical issues here only

[Post New]by BSF0819 on Oct 31, 11 12:16 PM
The manager closes when I hit play and it doesn't work.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,998 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 31, 11 12:57 PM
Seems that the Games Manager always closes when this particular game starts to play, and will come back on when you finish playing.
But you should be able to play. Hope it gets sorted out.

BSF0819
Flounder
Flounder
2,129 Posts

[Post New]by BSF0819 on Oct 31, 11 1:56 PM
Valdy wrote:Seems that the Games Manager always closes when this particular game starts to play, and will come back on when you finish playing.
But you should be able to play. Hope it gets sorted out.

Actually, the game doesn't start at all. The manager goes away, then I stare at my desktop waiting for it to appear then the manager comes back up and says "thanks for playing" like I played it but really didn't.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,998 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 31, 11 2:22 PM
Is this just with the demo or did you buy the game? You might want to contact Customer Services if you bought the game.

Good luck.

BSF0819
Flounder
Flounder
2,129 Posts

[Post New]by BSF0819 on Oct 31, 11 2:48 PM
It's the demo. I can't believe I can't get a card game to work. I had to update something but it didn't work. It's a very buggy game. I'm not buying it, obviously.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Oct 31, 11 2:55 PM
Hi BSF0819,

If you've already tried everything in the 'Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen' help article, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be happy to do some further troubleshooting with you.

Please be sure to let them know what you've already done, however, so that they won't suggest something you've already tried.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

BSF0819
Flounder
Flounder
2,129 Posts

[Post New]by BSF0819 on Oct 31, 11 3:04 PM
I did contact them by chat but their suggestion to update my video card, which I did successfully, didn't make it work. I'm now doing a follow up through the email and I'm waiting for a response. I would buy it if it would work, because I played the CE, now the SE won't work. The manager closes all the time for CE and SE but for SE it won't work.

12george
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by 12george on Oct 31, 11 3:21 PM
I decided to see if i could play this on the smaller screen and now i want to put it back to original bigger screen and i can't see the option buttons now to change it.....Can anyone tell me what to do? I tried reinstalling but that doesn't help..I can't see everything playing it on the smaller screen.....Thanks

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,998 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 31, 11 3:48 PM
BSF0819 wrote:I did contact them by chat but their suggestion to update my video card, which I did successfully, didn't make it work. I'm now doing a follow up through the email and I'm waiting for a response. I would buy it if it would work, because I played the CE, now the SE won't work. The manager closes all the time for CE and SE but for SE it won't work.

I think you might want to try the following:

Go into Folder Options, and click on "View", and click "Show hidden folders and files".

Then go into your "Username" (the name you call your computer), and click on "AppData", and from there click on "Roaming".

In this section, you will find save files for most of the games.
There should be a folder called "Big Fish Games". Click on it, and you will get a sub-folder called "Fairway". Delete it.

Now you should have no more files for the game. If you downloaded the CE version, and that save file is still there, you should also delete that one, to have a clean new start.

Good luck.

[Post New]by Dazdnconfuzled on Oct 31, 11 4:32 PM
12george wrote:I decided to see if i could play this on the smaller screen and now i want to put it back to original bigger screen and i can't see the option buttons now to change it.....Can anyone tell me what to do? I tried reinstalling but that doesn't help..I can't see everything playing it on the smaller screen.....Thanks

I have the same problem, bought the game, now I can't use it.

Edited on 10/31/2011 at 4:33:18 PM PST

12george
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by 12george on Oct 31, 11 7:05 PM
Dazdnconfuzled wrote:
12george wrote:I decided to see if i could play this on the smaller screen and now i want to put it back to original bigger screen and i can't see the option buttons now to change it.....Can anyone tell me what to do? I tried reinstalling but that doesn't help..I can't see everything playing it on the smaller screen.....Thanks

Lucky i never bought it but just seems like there should be something we can do to fix it but i don't know what...

BSF0819
Flounder
Flounder
2,129 Posts

[Post New]by BSF0819 on Oct 31, 11 8:04 PM
Valdy wrote:
BSF0819 wrote:I did contact them by chat but their suggestion to update my video card, which I did successfully, didn't make it work. I'm now doing a follow up through the email and I'm waiting for a response. I would buy it if it would work, because I played the CE, now the SE won't work. The manager closes all the time for CE and SE but for SE it won't work.

I think you might want to try the following:

Go into Folder Options, and click on "View", and click "Show hidden folders and files".

Then go into your "Username" (the name you call your computer), and click on "AppData", and from there click on "Roaming".

In this section, you will find save files for most of the games.
There should be a folder called "Big Fish Games". Click on it, and you will get a sub-folder called "Fairway". Delete it.

Now you should have no more files for the game. If you downloaded the CE version, and that save file is still there, you should also delete that one, to have a clean new start.

Good luck.

It still doesn't play. It doesn't do anything but close the manager and reopen it. I was going to buy it for the Halloween sale but nope, perhaps another time if support can get the demo to work. For now, though, no sale. I ended up buying something else because I ran out of time.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,998 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 1, 11 3:55 AM
BSF0819 wrote:It still doesn't play. It doesn't do anything but close the manager and reopen it. I was going to buy it for the Halloween sale but nope, perhaps another time if support can get the demo to work. For now, though, no sale. I ended up buying something else because I ran out of time.

That's too bad. I bought the game myself yesterday, and have no problems with it (using Win7, 64-bit).

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

BSF0819
Flounder
Flounder
2,129 Posts

[Post New]by BSF0819 on Nov 1, 11 10:47 AM
Valdy wrote:
BSF0819 wrote:It still doesn't play. It doesn't do anything but close the manager and reopen it. I was going to buy it for the Halloween sale but nope, perhaps another time if support can get the demo to work. For now, though, no sale. I ended up buying something else because I ran out of time.

That's too bad. I bought the game myself yesterday, and have no problems with it (using Win7, 64-bit).

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

I'm using Win7, 32 bit. Could that be the issue?

[Post New]by pensivewolf on Nov 1, 11 6:02 PM
Dazdnconfuzled wrote:

Me too. Doesn't someone have an answer to this?? I irritated that I used my credit on this game as I now can't even play it. At least glad to know I am not the only one in this boat!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,998 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 2, 11 1:10 AM
BSF0819 wrote:I'm using Win7, 32 bit. Could that be the issue?

I can`t see that this is the problem. The only difference between 32-bit and 64-bit is that the 64-bit version of Windows handles large amounts of random access memory (RAM) more effectively than a 32-bit system.

Therefore, I don`t think that the difference should cause you not to be able to play the game at all.

cocky2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by cocky2 on Nov 2, 11 10:11 AM
I have the same problem concerning window vs full screen. using my laptop
and windows7.
I had no problem when I downloaded onto my desktop using Vista.
If I cannot use this game on my laptop its a no buy I find it uncomfortable to play
using full screen

[Post New]by georgestanley on Nov 2, 11 4:36 PM
I also tried playing in the smaller window and cannot get the game to return to full size. Super frustrating!

12george
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by 12george on Nov 2, 11 5:18 PM
Why can't they tell us what to do? Makes no sense!!!

Go to: