Mysteryville 2

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Mysteryville 2

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 1, 11 12:05 AM
Return to Mysteryville and find your missing friend in this fantastic Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game! Journalist Laura Winner decides to take Bill Witowsky up on his offer and sets off for a vacation in a charming little town. Instead of rest and relaxation she finds an incredible mystery waiting for her in Mysteryville 2! Meet the town’s creepy inhabitants, including some new and old faces, as you explore the small town and track down Bill before it’s too late!

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

Re:Mysteryville 2

[Post New]by Robilyn on Nov 1, 11 12:13 AM
You have got to be kidding me. This game is about 5 years old. Come on BFG, you are better then that.

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Nov 1, 11 12:15 AM
I can't find Mysteryville in the PC game list??? What was the first one if this is 2?

Edited on 11/01/2011 at 12:17:31 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 1, 11 12:17 AM
fireeyes5 wrote:I can't find Mysterville 1???

Me either... I was just looking for it myself but now I really don't care since Robilyn is saying this game is 5 years old, I am seriously not interested without even playing a demo. I really can't wait for some reviews to show up . That may be entertaining...

poopysue
Shark
Shark
10,858 Posts

[Post New]by poopysue on Nov 1, 11 12:17 AM
Robilyn wrote:You have got to be kidding me. This game is about 5 years old. Come on BFG, you are better then that.

I thought I was crazy! Then I looked and I have this on disc. Got it way before I found BFG!

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Nov 1, 11 12:18 AM
If the first Mysteryville is 5 years old maybe that is why I cannot find it in the BF game list? Wow what is going on? It's not like they came out with any new great games for the sale weekend...and you can't buy a collectors edition on sale...but at least some folks were able to by some SE's. That was a good thing!

Edited on 11/01/2011 at 12:21:53 AM PST

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Nov 1, 11 12:19 AM
It is an old game. I couldn't find it here at BFG. I bought it from Walmart. That was about 5 years ago. I got both games together.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Nov 1, 11 12:21 AM
It was an OK game, back then. But games have come a long way since then. Try it you might like it. It is a straight HOG.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Nov 1, 11 12:25 AM
Looks like the game that was scheduled must have had last minute issues so this is what we got for replacement. Oh well, considering all the great games recently offered, we'll just try again tomorrow night.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 1, 11 12:28 AM
They are billing it as an "exciting HOPA" which I find really hard to believe if it is 5 years old... I will be watching for reviews though...

Wow cbtx... you think this is the best they could do? That is kind of scary. Don't they have an SE version of a previously released CE game somewhere that they could have posted? That would have been better. LOL

kittcar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by kittcar on Nov 1, 11 12:29 AM
Being fairly new to buying games on line...do they upgrade or change games like Mysteryville 2 when they re-release them...Would the graphics be better..the story different or the HOG pictures be clearer? Just wondering? BTW was it a good game back in the day? Thanks

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Nov 1, 11 12:30 AM

As far as I can determine, Mysteryville was published in 2007 and Mysteryville 2 was published in 2009.

Maybe this is an updated version?....she said hopefully...

Edited on 11/01/2011 at 12:32:27 AM PST

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Nov 1, 11 12:30 AM
I think this is by nevosoft? all their games that ended with "ville" had a strange format I never quite liked. They do that christmas one too with frosty and the first mysteryville, I swear it takes place in some kind of cafe because in one of the opening scenes you have to find like 16 bottles of wine? I think? its been a long time but I know this isnt a new game. I'll go back to trialing the other 7 games I havent got to in weeks =) thanks for saving me money BFG!

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Nov 1, 11 12:36 AM
You are all correct not worth your time.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Nov 1, 11 12:38 AM
have just looked and it was reviewed elsewhere in 2007!! And is free on some sites.
Don't think I will bother to download .

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Nov 1, 11 12:38 AM

Well, I remember that Vampireville was a hilarious send-up of the vampire craze so, I'll give this old 'ville a try...

Gamesetter_
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Gamesetter_ on Nov 1, 11 12:39 AM
Robilyn wrote:You have got to be kidding me. This game is about 5 years old. Come on BFG, you are better then that.

First publishing was August 2007!!
Maybe BFG has Oldie but Goldie Day?
The game on the German page is exact a year younger!!

Qismet
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Qismet on Nov 1, 11 12:42 AM
Aaaack! This is definitely a no buy for me. I found the dialogue to be inane. The game play was boring. Graphics are ok but nothing special at all. Thirty minutes was about all I could stand. From what I read from other reviews, this game has been available via other avenues for a while. If you like old school hogs maybe you will like this, but I would advise trying the demo first. Personally I don't like like timed games, and this also has a real favorite item -- spot the difference. Off to delete.

bitsy1949
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by bitsy1949 on Nov 1, 11 12:44 AM
I purchased this game from another site a few years ago. It's a good game, but I don't think BFG ever offered it or the original. I went back to that old website which now has another name, and sure enough I have both Mysteryville 1 and 2. I remember liking them very much then, and even though they are older games, they are still fun.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Nov 1, 11 12:45 AM
Been a long time since a "Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure" game file was only 43 Mb! Looks to me like a rehash of some BFG "attic" denizen from years gone by. But then, consider this--even folks with a limited D/L time will only chalk up a few seconds for this "gem"!

Go to: