Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

Reviews for Mysteryville 2

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Nov 1, 11 12:29 AM
Thrilled the game downloaded in 3 min. Basically a straight hidden object using silhouettes.Lots of useless dialogue, searching for many of the same items, has a story I think, then the dreaded spot the difference 14 min. into the game I really dislike those so for me GAME OVER.

Edited on 11/01/2011 at 1:12:58 AM PST

bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

Re:Reviews for Mysteryville 2

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Nov 1, 11 1:11 AM
Hi Lilabelle!

Thanks for opening the thread, I've just gone ahead and stickied it!

Hey Fishies,

We’d love to hear what you think of Mysteryville 2; your reviews are very important to us and to other Fishies. You’re more than welcomed to post your thoughts about this game in here! You can also specify if you played the game from the trial version or the full version and on which level you ended your game play, so that other players can get more out of this discussion!

Keep in mind a lot of people visiting this thread will have never played the game before so if you are posting spoilers please remember to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Feel free to go ahead and create a new discussion in the game forum if you’d like to discuss other topics than your general feedback on the game. If you are experiencing technical issues, remember to check out the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgKenai

Edited on 11/01/2011 at 1:13:10 AM PST

Gamesetter_
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Gamesetter_ on Nov 1, 11 1:43 AM
I guess, people will have a hard time remembering how that game went - as most of them played it four years ago when it was launched.

If you wanna know ... just look around in the internet - you might find some reviews in archives

rara3462
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by rara3462 on Nov 1, 11 3:06 AM
Gamesetter_ wrote:I guess, people will have a hard time remembering how that game went - as most of them played it four years ago when it was launched.

If you wanna know ... just look around in the internet - you might find some reviews in archives

i was going to say that but you got there first.

arfur99
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by arfur99 on Nov 1, 11 3:22 AM
Played 15 mins and deleted. Seemed a bit tame after the recent raft of good games. Also I play games to relax and enjoy and I found this was ruined by the time limit. Played all the others in the series and found those the same. Very good for beginners but not one for me.
Arfur99

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 1, 11 3:49 AM
Gamesetter_ wrote:I guess, people will have a hard time remembering how that game went - as most of them played it four years ago when it was launched.

I was just going to say, is it just me or does this game look old to others as well? Well, now I know why it looks like it was made years ago.

On top of that, this game uses silhouettes for the HOS (hidden object scenes), and those are an absolute no-no for me.

jenny1983
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
488 Posts

[Post New]by jenny1983 on Nov 1, 11 4:02 AM
Valdy wrote:
On top of that, this game uses silhouettes for the HOS (hidden object scenes), and those are an absolute no-no for me.

Silhouettes are bad enough, but in this game you also have to find them in the dark (with the use of a "flashlight") while the timer is running out

An easy pass on this one.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 1, 11 4:52 AM
jenny1983 wrote:Silhouettes are bad enough, but in this game you also have to find them in the dark (with the use of a "flashlight") while the timer is running out

An easy pass on this one.

Yes, I saw a screenshot of it.

I bought the first Mysteryville game in January 2007 (not from BigFish), which means that this game is also ancient.

emu3
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by emu3 on Nov 1, 11 5:32 AM
i guess i am the odd person out but i actually found this game to be fun and refreshing and i am curious enough to want to know how it ends. lol!

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Nov 1, 11 5:36 AM
Nope! Not for me. I knew when I saw the little download that it wasn't a game for me. I wish I could get that small of download for the games I like but know that's impossible.

I need a bit more adventure to a game and a lot less script! All the people in this just prattle on about nothing. After the first few conversations I just skipped them entirely.
I don't care for find the difference and there are many. I really didn't see why it was listed as an Adventure Puzzle game along with hidden Object. I see no adventure at all.

Wish I could have looked at a walk through because I have a feeling that I played the majority of the game in the 50 min. of the demo that I played. If you skip the conversations there really isn't much game left.

Have to agree with everyone else. I was given the disc of the first Mysteryville years ago. I may have liked it then because I hadn't yet played the games of today's level.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Nov 1, 11 6:37 AM
all is said by others not a fun game at all a no buy for me don't waste your money short but not sweet

[Post New]by Coronagold on Nov 1, 11 7:34 AM
When todays' M3 games are typically 150MB you kinda know in advance what you're gonna get with a 50MB HOG.

Edited on 11/01/2011 at 7:35:37 AM PST

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Nov 1, 11 8:54 AM
How do I NOT love it, let me count the ways.

Fuzzy graphics
Timed
Too much clicking to progress thru scenes
Too much conversation, should have been shorter
Slow refill of "Tip" button which I need for STDs
Drop-down box on every click of "Tip" button is very distracting
Flashlight searches

I could go on, but I'll just delete and go play one of my
recent purchases.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Nov 1, 11 9:15 AM
This is probably a good game for people just beginning the hidden object genre, but probably won't do anything for people who play the advanced skill levels of the current HOPA games.

Lafondue
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Lafondue on Nov 1, 11 9:39 AM
poor game...

[Post New]by Kiralyn34 on Nov 1, 11 9:43 AM
I didn't get past the second scene; the pictures were soooooo blurry they hurt my eyes to try and find objects

TexasAnn
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by TexasAnn on Nov 1, 11 9:51 AM
Is this game produced by Russians? That's all I can think of, even though it's supposed to be in the USA.

Yuck! It has "spot the silhouette" hidden object scenes, find the "whatever number of similar things", the "find the difference" games, PLUS a woman who goes into both Asian and Native American trances which trigger the "find the difference" games.

The characters in conversations remind me of the targets at a shooting gallery.

Frankly, I believe the missing guy is hiding from the main character because he's embarrassed to be a part of the game.

Why did I waste my time?

[Post New]by onesweettart on Nov 1, 11 10:21 AM
I was so bored this morning that I actually played the entire 1 hour demo. At the bottom of the main, map-type screen there's a series of boxes that fill in when you've talked to people, a total of 12 boxes. In the one hour that I played, without skipping any conversations, I got through 10 of them.

Everything I dislike, all in one game: about every third puzzle is a Spot The Difference; silhouette Hidden Objects where I'm supposed to find a slightly slanted rectangular piece of paper in a room with several slightly slanted rectangular pieces of paper; flashlight; Hidden Object list that says "fish" when there is more than one fish in the scene but only one is the correct one; rooms filled with 20 of the same object so it's obvious that when I finish the Hidden Object list it's going to ask me to find all of that object; etc.

Storyline didn't grab me and after a couple years playing iHOGs this type just isn't fun anymore. Beginners or people who don't want interactivity may enjoy this, though.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Nov 1, 11 11:04 AM
Game is too easy and something you would find a couple of years ago so I think it's outdated. Played for 30 min and that is all I could manage. Not a game I would buy even at the SE price.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Nov 1, 11 11:29 AM
I agree with everyone else. Game is far too easy for a seasoned player. Graphics not bad, but not good either; music okay; HOGs and games extremely easy. Would be good for a young child or a beginner, but definitely not for me. Hope this isn't a sign of what is to come this month! No buy here either.

Go to: