bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

The Jolly Gang's Misadventures in Africa

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 2, 11 12:05 AM
Join the Jolly Gang as it heads to Africa in search of treasure! When Moxxie gets it in her head that an old map will lead her to a fortune in diamonds, nothing will stop her from grabbing her pals Shaggy and Boar and hopping on the next plane to Namibia. Once there, the three embark on a madcap adventure through the African outback in search of a missing professor, his gems, and a way to give the pesky customs officials the slip.

Edited on 11/02/2011 at 2:13:46 PM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:The Jolly's Gangs Misadventures in Africa

[Post New]by jkuci on Nov 2, 11 12:20 AM
I really loved the first smart talking Jolly's Gang game ....very excited about this new adventure..

Thanks BFG!!!

PS the first one is "The Jolly gang's spooky adventure" - it's a hoot!!!

Updated after playing the demo a bit: errrr, the voices seem to be in Russian...

Edited on 11/02/2011 at 12:51:54 AM PST

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Nov 2, 11 12:54 AM
The voices are in Russian? That is too funny= lol

slimjims36
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by slimjims36 on Nov 2, 11 1:41 AM
They are both the same. The Jolly Gang's Misadventures in Africa. The intro on the game clearly says so.

The first one is also The Jolly Gang's Spooky Adventure.

BFG got it wrong on the second one.

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Nov 2, 11 2:17 AM
D/L now and cant wait. For those who haven't played the first installation of the Jolly Gang, highy recommend it. DOnt let the cartoonish graphics fool you. The game was a blast to play, a great IHOG with lots of puzzles and fun to be had. Will definitely buy the second one and will be back to review. Have a great day everyone.

tictacsix
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by tictacsix on Nov 2, 11 2:31 AM
There must be something to the "Russian" sounding voices. When I checked the files to the game, under "Description" it says TWISTED LANDS: INSOMNIAC. So maybe there was a cross-over snafu somewhere in the downloadings. Also if you check the files to the first game that was released, The Jolly Gangs Spooky Adventure, and look up its folder files, under sounds it has pages of different sounds and voices. Yet THIS game ALL folders to sound or music are completely empty. To bad, because the voices and snarky attitudes used in the conversations were the best part. They made me laugh throughout the entire game.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Nov 2, 11 3:05 AM
Nilosh wrote:D/L now and cant wait. For those who haven't played the first installation of the Jolly Gang, highy recommend it. DOnt let the cartoonish graphics fool you. The game was a blast to play, a great IHOG with lots of puzzles and fun to be had. Will definitely buy the second one and will be back to review. Have a great day everyone.

Yes, some fishies made the mistake of thinking the first one was for kids because of the cartoon but had to yank it away from their toddlers when it was clear its more of a South Park cartoon. I loved the first one.....

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on Nov 2, 11 5:16 AM
I only made it 16 minutes. Definitely not my cup of tea. I don't like the graphics, though they certainly are colorful. In fact , the scenes looked like pages of coloring book. This game will either hit you as fun or annoy you no end. As I am in the latter, I wish those who find it fun, happy gaming. This one, coming on the heels of yesterday's awful offering, has me anxious for a good one so I can use a credit! [color=#6704c3]

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Nov 2, 11 9:52 AM
There was a time when I would of enjoyed this type of game ....But those days are long gone .....

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

Re:The Jolly Gang's Misadventures in Africa

[Post New]by Nilosh on Nov 2, 11 4:16 PM
OOOHHHHH so dissapointed, I was ready to buy because I really loved the first game however the Russian just wont do. I want Moxie's voice and seriously, the subtitles go so fast, I miss out on what is going on. ALthoug I played the trial, I will wait to see if there will be a fix. This is an adventure game and despite the unusual glitch with the language, I had fun playing it. I really hoe BFG fixes this problem. Oh well another I guess its back to the drawing board for some techies at BFG.....

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Nov 2, 11 4:37 PM

This series had such good things said about it I was looking forward to the demo, until I read about the Russian in the voiceovers. Thanks to those who posted. I voiceovers and am disappointed when a game doesn't have them. So how much more disappointing to have voiceovers one can't understand. At least this one! Foreign language voiceovers with subtitles may work in the movies but not in a game, at least for the whole game and not just a character or two IMHO! Sorry and Devs in view of the good reviews I may be "cutting my nose off to spite my face" (as my mother used to say to me as a child) and missing something but this is a NO try for me.

[Post New]by poornima_gaurav on Nov 3, 11 10:13 PM
I am having trouble with opening the uncles safe and was wondering when the walkthrough would be coming out, or if any one know the right combo so that the safe opens.

Edited on 11/03/2011 at 10:14:16 PM PST

[Post New]by newmept on Nov 5, 11 10:14 AM
Same problem here poornima_gaurav...

[Post New]by taddy11 on Nov 7, 11 9:44 AM
I'm the same poornima_gaurav... NEED THE CODE TO OPEN SAFE!!

[Post New]by adanddfanatic on Nov 9, 11 8:52 AM
the code for the safe is 42 80 74

[Post New]by poornima_gaurav on Mar 10, 12 4:52 PM
Finally figured out the safe. Now I need help with the underground hatch code with all the symbols. I have tried counting them to the numbers required but am still not able to figure it out. If possible can someone post the right answer with a picture. Thanks.

Go to: