Can't get into the alley

[Post New]by rochdalelass on Nov 2, 11 3:28 PM
Strategy guide says next move is to go into the alley as does hint button. However, it keeps coming up with No Entry sign and nothing else works. Any pointers?

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

Re:Can't get into the alley

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Nov 2, 11 3:45 PM
What game are you playing?

[Post New]by rochdalelass on Nov 2, 11 3:56 PM
Vaultcracker

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Nov 2, 11 4:04 PM
Try this Forums, Game Forums click on V look for Vault Cracker & look for the walkthrough. It really does help if you are stuck. If you need anymore help I will be happy to if I can. Good luck.

Edited on 11/02/2011 at 4:25:20 PM PST

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Nov 2, 11 4:14 PM
Please let me know if I was of any help. Thank you.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Nov 2, 11 4:17 PM
Hi rochdalelass,

Welcome to the pond! Here's a link to the walkthrough that tazdaffy was referring to:

Vault Cracker: The Last Safe Walkthrough

Helpful tip: Once you're at the walkthrough, use your computer’s search function (CTRL + F) and type "ALLEY" or another relevant word to jump straight to the section of the game that you’re currently at.

I hope this helps, and happy gaming!

-bfgHondo

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 2, 11 4:18 PM
I do recall getting stuck in the same spot and almost giving up. Thought there was a glitch. May be one but I finally solved it. Now scratching my worse memory, what I did. Seems there was a streetlight or lanttern that may have to be lit first? Is the alley dark? There was something I thought I had already done but either hadn't or it dropped from the inventory. Does a lightbulb ring a bell? LOL mixed metaphor? If a missing item compared to the walkthrough inventory sometimes leave the game, come back and it may pop in. Or, scroll back on WT and see where you missed something.

When a WT doesn't help I usually google the game and sometimes find one on another gamesite. There was another spot having to leep off a roof or ledge I had something missing. There are timess there could be a slight error on a WT, one I'm using now that says go down and left, well, is down right and take left door. Human error.

I bet you can find other posts with same question on the forum, seems this game was fraught with misunderstandings or glitches, or was very diffcult for some (me).

Hope this helps, or ignore my aged memory. I just seem to connect alley with lights for some reason.

Edited on 11/02/2011 at 4:20:16 PM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 2, 11 4:29 PM
Excuse my manners rochdalelass

WELCOME TO THE POND
!

I had my mind on the game and didn't notice you are new in the pond. Hope you find lots of hours of pleasure with game choices and/or just chatting here. And, your solution is found on this one.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 2, 11 4:30 PM
Excuse my manners rochdalelass

WELCOME TO THE POND
!

I had my mind on the game and didn't notice you are new in the pond. Hope you find lots of hours of pleasure with game choices and/or just chatting here. And, your solution is found on this one.

[Post New]by rochdalelass on Nov 3, 11 10:08 AM
Thanks puzzledone, but, before I go any further what is WT? I must have missed something here, or am really dumb! I do have a light bulb in inventory but that doesn't seem to do anything but will try the lamp thingy too

[Post New]by rochdalelass on Nov 3, 11 10:10 AM
To -bfgHondo. Sorry! That didn't help much.

[Post New]by rochdalelass on Nov 3, 11 10:12 AM
To puzzledone. I see by the time zone you are in the UK. I live in the US although I am a Brit. Nice to meet you!

Go to: