bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 3, 11 12:05 AM
Take on Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres, a challenging Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game! Stop the evil witch Viviana and save Esther’s family! With her heritage on the line, it’s up to Esther to discover the history of the ancient Ambroses and explore time itself. Go on an incredible adventure and change events in the past to solve an incredible mystery in Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

krinneyd
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Re:Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition - length please

[Post New]by krinneyd on Nov 3, 11 12:15 AM
at the risk of sounding redundant, time of play, number of chapters, perhaps a length for the bonus chapter?

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

Re:Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Nov 3, 11 12:17 AM
Don't think it will be a buy for me as a CE, as it is only 334 MB which is a pretty small file size for the money.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Nov 3, 11 12:21 AM
giddiup101 wrote:Don't think it will be a buy for me as a CE, as it is only 334 MB which is a pretty small file size for the money.

Hey Giddiup--Please don't be fooled by the file size! One of the best games of all time, Phantasmat, was about 250 Mb! And where do you get the "334 Mb" file size? The main game page shows 900+ Mbs!

Edited on 11/03/2011 at 12:23:51 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Nov 3, 11 12:34 AM
Goodness! This is a mystery in itself! I see the main game as 332.04MB and the trial as 205.92MB.
Hi eldee

Krinneyd, a little early to guage the length of the game. Welcome to the Pond

Giddiup, I have to agree with elldee, you cannot always guess the length of a game by the MB's

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Nov 3, 11 12:46 AM
elldee2728 wrote:
giddiup101 wrote:Don't think it will be a buy for me as a CE, as it is only 334 MB which is a pretty small file size for the money.

Hey Giddiup--Please don't be fooled by the file size! One of the best games of all time, Phantasmat, was about 250 Mb! And where do you get the "334 Mb" file size? The main game page shows 900+ Mbs!

I wish we'd get another game like Phantasmat which was probably one of the best games I've ever played, hands down. Even over MCF games, IMO. And I almost skipped over it because a day I had tested it, I guess I wasn't in the mood for a game like that but had a game coupon months later so I tested it out again and ended up buying the CE because the game was so great that I wanted the entire package and the bonus game was good too. But yah, hope this game is good as the other Time Mysteries is a SE and very simple from what I remember although good just not CE value but we'll see =)

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Nov 3, 11 1:22 AM
I played the demo and I thought the game was excellent,the graphics and sounds was awesome,,I will buy this game when the SE comes out, I just can't afford CE's anymore sadly to say.. Thx BF and DEV's for all your hard work for making your fishes so happy with this game..

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Nov 3, 11 1:32 AM
Now this is exciting---if you go to the "more info" button it will show 2 other games by the dev and one of them is "Enigmatis-The Ghosots of Maple Creek" (and I have always been terrified of ghosots)
Don't mean to nitpick because it IS a great, great game but that's a good one.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 3, 11 1:35 AM

This game is nearly 1 GB when the full game is installed. It's VERY big as far as the installed file size.

Edited on 11/03/2011 at 1:37:11 AM PST

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Nov 3, 11 1:49 AM
elldee2728 wrote:

Under "Buy it" it says 332, but at the bottom it says 931 for the hard drive...Huh?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 3, 11 2:01 AM
The whole game is just 332+ MB, not 1 GB. You need 1 GHz of CPU in order for the game to run properly, that's all.

ETA: to change GB to GHz

Edited on 11/03/2011 at 5:33:15 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Nov 3, 11 2:02 AM
Checked another game by this dev--Enigmatus--and it shows about 366 Mbs yet the bottom of the page says 1032 Mbs for the hard drive. So I have no clue--interesting though so I think I'll check Phantasmat next.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Nov 3, 11 2:06 AM
Valdy, that's at least the third time that one of your comments has educated me completely and I just want to thank you for that---terrific that you're in the pond!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 3, 11 2:11 AM
cbtx wrote:Valdy, that's at least the third time that one of your comments has educated me completely and I just want to thank you for that---terrific that you're in the pond!

Why, thank you, cbtx. (((huggles)))

rexred54
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by rexred54 on Nov 3, 11 2:30 AM
IMHO The 332mb is the package size. As you play the game it unpacks or expands to eventually be 931mb( think of it like a zip file). As far as the CPU that is measured in frequency (hertz) hence 1Ghz not 1Gb.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 3, 11 2:33 AM
Valdy wrote:The whole game is just 332+ MB, not 1 GB. You need 1 GB of CPU in order for the game to run properly, that's all.

NO. I have the game installed on my PC and it is 903 MB.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 3, 11 2:41 AM
Well speaking of Phantasmat, this game has the elements players loved so much, namely a toggle to switch a HOS to a Match 3, or back if you want to go on hunting objects. So those who hate HOGs have at it. So far on demo, twice I tried and the M3s are very easy.

I was so taken by this same dev as Enigmatis Maple Creek that I could just jump on this as a CE. SG is available on trial and it keeps your place as you go on with the game. I love the option of seeing a silouette by clicking a word item and it doesnt count as a hint.

And it plays widescreen on 17" laptop, just about an inch border each side not the wide usual ones. Or you can hit aspect ratio Options and get the bigger borders.

After that CE sale and the Spooky sale and the DDs for breast cancer I need this game like I need...
this game Well, I mean I do want it now or later, hate to stop playing. Oh btw doesn't look like I can get very lost, directional arrows also lable what room it goes to. Wow these devs know what I like (not an Expert) and packaged it with my name all over it. Do I go finish one of my others I started..
or buy and play now. Better keep playing or I'll forget where I was even if the SG knows. I did finish Enigmatis and the bonus, one of the best I played all year so trusting the bonus is as good here, yeh it was worth it. Graphics good art and HOGs big enough to see, some interactive fun on those. No misclick penalty on Casual either if I get impatient or do some guessing

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Nov 3, 11 3:00 AM
Thanks, puzzledone, well said - same feeling here.

...Shall we start a new "political party"?...

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 3, 11 4:54 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:
Valdy wrote:The whole game is just 332+ MB, not 1 GB. You need 1 GB of CPU in order for the game to run properly, that's all.

NO. I have the game installed on my PC and it is 903 MB.

I beg your pardon. Yes, the game does require 931MB of HD space. We usually don't talk about the whole unzipped file, but the download file, which is 332 MB.

Edited on 11/03/2011 at 4:54:45 AM PST

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Nov 3, 11 9:08 AM
Hey Valdy--Actually, it's good to know how much actual space the final unzipped, unpacked game file will take. I'd be upset to D/L a "332 Mb" game, and then try to install it, only to discover that it's really "900+ Mbs," and the ole hard drive can't handle that much.

Regards, elldee

Go to: