peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Comments for Time Mysteries: Yhe Ancient Spectres Collectors Edition

[Post New]by peglegann on Nov 3, 11 12:18 AM
First thoughts on this game.
Options are for sound and music, custon cursor, expert mode, full screen and aspect correction. (Not know what the last one does)
SG keeps your place, which is good. I did not use the offered help at the beginning.
I was annoyed that there is a button to toggle for a mini game, while playing a H0 scene (similar to the last one) BUT if you play it you do not get to finish the H0 scene! The H0 scenes have interactive items to complete to find items. The first and second H0 that I came across were very junk pile but items reasonably easy to spot. Graphics a little blurry and dark.
Have fun all. I have not decided whether this is worth the CE price yet

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Comments for Time Mysteries: Yhe Ancient Spectres Collectors Edition

[Post New]by peglegann on Nov 3, 11 12:23 AM
BTW. The SG is available from the game screen and you can stop the"toggle mini" game and go back to the H0 scene instead.

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on Nov 3, 11 1:11 AM
Having played for the full hour I am now downloading the full game as I loved it as it was different from the 'normal' run of the mill and also found it quite involved. Although I'm playing in expert mode it is quite difficult but not impossible, unfortunately I have to go out today and I want to stay home and play.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 3, 11 1:30 AM
I agree Tilly. It is fun figuring out how to play this one (I skipped the tutorial)... I am having a good time and, as you mentioned, so far it is a nice change of pace/game play from what we have been seeing. Well worth a play for that reason alone. WTG Artifex Mundi!! As far as the mini game toggle you can use within the HOG scenes; this is a similar idea as was offered in Phantasmat (sort of). In this game, if you get stuck in a HOG scene, instead of using a hint, you can toggle to play a "mini Match 3" in lieu of finding an object. Fun! I would much rather play a mini Match 3 than use a hint. I have not gotten stuck in a HOG scene yet but I had to try out the toggle and play one of those for the fun of it

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Nov 3, 11 1:35 AM
Hi shadowfax. I agree with the mini game (type of match 3) but I made the mistake of having 2 items left to find and it completed the whole H0 scene, which I found annoying. It was the first H0 scene and I still do not know where the salt was LOL!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 3, 11 2:37 AM
ROFLOL I had found the salt Ann but I have no idea where the equation was... I didn't realize that doing that mini game would complete my HOG scene!! LOL Fortunately, I only had that one item left when I noticed the toggle option. If I had known, I would have tried the mini game after I had found all of the fun interactive objects myself. (I will tell you where the salt was if you tell me where the equation was... ROFLOL)

Edited on 11/03/2011 at 2:39:38 AM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Nov 3, 11 2:43 AM

Artifex Mundi!!!

Haven't even downloaded it yet but I'm doing my Happy Dance already!!!

Poem123
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by Poem123 on Nov 3, 11 3:41 AM
The comparisons to Phantasmat make this a "must-buy" for me. Phantasmat is the best game in this genre I've ever played.

I'm NOT going to demo this however because I know I'll end up buying it. Must... make... myself... wait... for... the... SE.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 3, 11 3:48 AM
Hi Poem123. My only comparison to Phantasmat at all was the fact that you could play a mini Match 3 game in lieu of finding a hidden object. For me, the comparison ends there... I didn't want anything that I said to mislead you. Totally different types of games IMO. This one is really, really good in it's own right though; also, just my opinion. I am liking it more and more the further I get into it. A very good memory work out in hard mode, that's for sure!

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Nov 3, 11 5:15 AM
I found the graphics to be very murky, not up to the standard we expect from a CE. I got annoyed with all the notes lying around, but that's just me. The H0 scenes were junkpile and also not defined very well. Maybe it's just the mood I'm in but this one doesn't grab me at all. I have half the demo left, so I will try it again later to see if I feel differently.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Nov 3, 11 5:15 AM
Poem123 wrote:The comparisons to Phantasmat make this a "must-buy" for me. Phantasmat is the best game in this genre I've ever played.

I'm NOT going to demo this however because I know I'll end up buying it. Must... make... myself... wait... for... the... SE.
Don't wait, this is great!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Nov 3, 11 5:22 AM
Poem123 wrote:The comparisons to Phantasmat make this a "must-buy" for me. Phantasmat is the best game in this genre I've ever played.

I know how you feel .....but I didn't have your will power...I played the demo...

juleslorraine
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by juleslorraine on Nov 3, 11 5:48 AM
I was kinda on the fence after seeing what game it was but waited a lil bit, read some reviews which lead me to demo it. I absolutely love it! Nice, clear graphics and although it's junkpile **** scenes, it's not taking away from my pleasure as they are very clear.

My only complaint which is a small one, is the music. It got on my nerves after a while which means I'll just leave the sound off as I'm not missing out on this game!

Doing the Happy Dance!

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Nov 3, 11 6:50 AM
Great Game and one thing I am surprised about is that it downloaded and installed in 7 mins!! Wow I think maybe after last week with having so many downloading issues something was fixed!!! Happy Gaming everyone

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Nov 3, 11 7:10 AM
peglegann wrote:First thoughts on this game.
Options are for sound and music, custon cursor, expert mode, full screen and aspect correction. (Not know what the last one does)
SG keeps your place, which is good. I did not use the offered help at the beginning.
I was annoyed that there is a button to toggle for a mini game, while playing a H0 scene (similar to the last one) BUT if you play it you do not get to finish the H0 scene! The H0 scenes have interactive items to complete to find items. The first and second H0 that I came across were very junk pile but items reasonably easy to spot. Graphics a little blurry and dark.
Have fun all. I have not decided whether this is worth the CE price yet

Aspect ratio correction usually means wide-screen monitors can utilize full screen mode without distortion or screen roll-off. However, in this case, it is a choice to use wide-screen mode.

Edited on 11/03/2011 at 7:20:51 AM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Nov 3, 11 8:00 AM
LuvDemGames wrote:I found the graphics to be very murky, not up to the standard we expect from a CE. I got annoyed with all the notes lying around, but that's just me. The H0 scenes were junkpile and also not defined very well. Maybe it's just the mood I'm in but this one doesn't grab me at all. I have half the demo left, so I will try it again later to see if I feel differently.

Ditto

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Nov 3, 11 8:30 AM
Great game today. I especially like the Match3 choice, not spending my time in the junkpiles and getting on with the adventure is exactly my cup of tea. I must say it aint easy tho but thats what I like not too elementary. I didnt play much of the demo before I decided to buy, Knew from the start I would like it. Thanks to Big Fish and the developers for this little treat.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Nov 3, 11 8:52 AM
Filled up my entire screen!!! Doing the happy dance since someone finally listened to us about this issue. It's been a while since I've had that happen.
As for the rest of the game, so far giving my memory a work out(doesn't take much anymore ) , graphics are kinda grainy, voice of girl? She is used in so many games, someone, somewhere, must think her voice is nice
I'm not much of a match 3 player but I'm sure HOscene haters will like this aspect so they can 'get on with it'
. Storyline isn't the most original one I've heard but seems like the popular one for the devs.
Can't keep buying these games now since Christmas is on the way and I have 4 birthdays between now and December that need to be taken care of Will try to wait for SE but will be on my list to buy.

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Nov 3, 11 11:07 PM
Great game and I am loving it. Very different from the usual offerings and I am enthralled with the time traveling aspect. Yes it does get tedious with all the jumping back and forth but between the help given on the map and the hint button and the SG, it makes it much easier to navigate.

There is one area of caution though. I had a heck of a time finding the four lamps. I went through the SG and I still couldn't find it. I finally restarted in a different profile and used the SG to get me up to the spot where I was looking for the lamps. After I found all four I couldn't understand why I had trouble the first time around. I discovered in the 1796 location and map, you have to be very careful about the corridors. If you access it from the map, you get one side of the corridor with one view but if you go to the dining room and then to the corridor, you get a different side of corridor altogether. That's where I found my missing lamp (tried it with both profiles). I thought I was going crazy because the views didn't match up. What a relief to have figured that one out. I'm not sure that is a glitch in the game or not.

Go to: