bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Nov 3, 11 1:09 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

ladytdd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Post any Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by ladytdd on Nov 3, 11 5:35 AM
When I downloaded today's game it showed up in the red, trial expired. The same thing happened yesterday with, The Jolly Gang's Misadventures in Africa. Are these new games or am I having a malfunction?

lyn58
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Post any Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by lyn58 on Nov 3, 11 5:40 AM
downloaded ok but game is so dark I can't see anything. So disappointing.

[Post New]by july10th on Nov 3, 11 11:39 AM
In one of the Hidden Object Scenes you have to paint one of the masks red which I did - but I can't pick up the red mask afterwards even though it's the last object I need on my list. Without I cannot progress in the game?!
Maybe there's a bug that prevents you from picking up the red mask?!

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Nov 3, 11 2:13 PM
ladytdd wrote:When I downloaded today's game it showed up in the red, trial expired. The same thing happened yesterday with, The Jolly Gang's Misadventures in Africa. Are these new games or am I having a malfunction?

Hi ladytdd,

If you haven't already, please try closing and re-opening your Game Manager to see if that resets the time on your trial games. If it doesn't, I'd encourage you to try uninstalling and reinstalling these games.

If that doesn't help either, please refer to the following help article for more information:

Why has the trial period expired?

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Re:Post any Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Nov 3, 11 2:16 PM
july10th wrote:In one of the Hidden Object Scenes you have to paint one of the masks red which I did - but I can't pick up the red mask afterwards even though it's the last object I need on my list. Without I cannot progress in the game?!
Maybe there's a bug that prevents you from picking up the red mask?!

Hi july10th,

Before trying anything else, please be sure to check your game's built-in Strategy Guide, just to make sure that you haven't accidentally missed any steps along the way.

If you've already done this and are still having troubles, you might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps. Creating a new player profile is another option, but please keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If none of these tips help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 11/03/2011 at 2:17:02 PM PST

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Nov 3, 11 3:47 PM
This is the first time I really had any problem with a slow download for BFG games. Maybe it is because I have had no power for the last 4 days and now that the power is back on and the Internet is up it might be running slow. Is anyone else having slow dowload issues? I am complaining just want to know if I am the only one with this issue.

Inanga
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Inanga on Nov 3, 11 6:19 PM
Too dark for me too - is there anything I can do about this please?

crabbycat
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by crabbycat on Nov 3, 11 10:19 PM
Picked up some sort of stick on a desk and was unable to put the thing down....up til then this was a fun game. No problems downloading and was able to exit out of the scene I was in, but not sure if I will buy this as a CE or wait til SE. I found it a bit confusing...

Chexmixmonet
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,816 Posts

[Post New]by Chexmixmonet on Nov 4, 11 6:37 AM
When I downloaded today's game it showed up in the red, trial expired. I tried closing and re-opening my Game Manager to see if that would reset the time on my trial game. It didn't. Then I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game.That didn't help either, and the help article was useless.

vanwyck
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by vanwyck on Nov 4, 11 7:31 AM
Yesterday I downloaded Time Mysteries and played most of the day. I had all the time buttons but suddenly when I went to the time machine, there is "error" that shows up in the circle where you click to get to a location, and all the 3 years at the bottom buttons as well as many of the parts are gone. I've turned off the computer, uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Any suggestions?

I really want to finish this game.

phywll43
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by phywll43 on Nov 4, 11 7:44 AM
OMG! I was so enjoying this game until today! I came back today, to finish and all I got was a green and red blinking screen! I d/l this game yesterday and played it with enjoyment. But when I came back to finish, I was unable to....only saw this blinking red, green screen. I uninstalled/re-installed and still the same red/green screen. Plz fix this b/c I really like this game but I cant afford to waste $13.99 on a game I cant play!

wariatus
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by wariatus on Nov 4, 11 8:26 AM
vanwyck wrote:Yesterday I downloaded Time Mysteries and played most of the day. I had all the time buttons but suddenly when I went to the time machine, there is "error" that shows up in the circle where you click to get to a location, and all the 3 years at the bottom buttons as well as many of the parts are gone. I've turned off the computer, uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Any suggestions?

I really want to finish this game.

Don't worry vanwyck. Below is an explanation. Highlight it get it:
*Spoiler alert*

It is not a game error. As the story goes, your time device is destroyed and you can't use it anymore to travel through time. You have to continue playing without the map. But don't worry! You are not far from the final!

[Post New]by sweet4grease on Nov 4, 11 9:38 AM
Chexmixmonet wrote:When I downloaded today's game it showed up in the red, trial expired. I tried closing and re-opening my Game Manager to see if that would reset the time on my trial game. It didn't. Then I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game.That didn't help either, and the help article was useless.

Same exact thing here. Uninstall and reinstall didn't help, opening and closing Game Manager didn't either. I KNOW I've never tried this game before (and it looks to be my fav kind of game too)It's a shame, I'd really like to try it out, make sure there are no major bugs to keep it from running on my computer, etc. before shelling out $14.00 on it.

vanwyck
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by vanwyck on Nov 4, 11 9:39 AM
Thanks. I feel so stupid. That was probably in the Strategy Guide if I had looked. Thanks again.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 4, 11 11:50 AM
Hello everyone,

If you are having troubles with a dark screen, you may want to check the brightness setting for your monitor to see if that might help.

If you are having any other display issues with the game, please take a look at the following help article for some troubleshooting steps that could help:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you're unable to put down an item in the game, you might want to see if placing it in the inventory list will work. If not, you may want to try picking up another item from your inventory list.

If you're having troubles with an expired Trial, please take a look at the following help article (bottom of article) for more information:

Download a Trial Game

Still having troubles or have further questions? Please get in touch with Tech Support so that our reps can help you one-on-one with the game. Please be sure to include as much information as you can so that our reps can best assist you. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by teerose67 on Nov 4, 11 5:21 PM
Still in the trial version. Played for about 40 minutes, closed the game, and came back later.

Just reached 1796 in London, but no matter what scene I go to, it is a bright white screen. The inventory, hints, and time machine are visible, and my pointer changes to forward arrow or an hourglass when I pan over different locations. When I click Hint, the little sparkles head off into the main screen, but I can't see them either.

Any other location in any other year are still fine.

asierrahiker
Marlin
Marlin
9,070 Posts

[Post New]by asierrahiker on Nov 4, 11 7:04 PM
My Time Device Map is not showing any exclamation points or question marks or any other feedback other than greyed rooms and black rooms. I'll see no indicators but I can go to a place and I can take an action there. When I ask for a hint it will tell me to look for those exclamation points to lead me to what needs to be done.

[Post New]by kashew on Nov 5, 11 1:14 AM
Love playing this game, however in area 3 where you are to place the enfinity piece on the statue my statue needs a flos da leas ( spelling wrong ) the sg also says enfinity. Help unable to continue with out the correction.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

knots and rope mini game frozen??

[Post New]by care___916 on Nov 5, 11 6:54 AM
Grrrrr page 29 of the SG the rope and knots will not move. I love that type of mini game.

I have closed and restarted and still cannot move the knots.

Anyone else having this problem?

Go to: