Please spell the breed name correctly!

[Post New]by BlueDogs77 on Nov 3, 11 8:30 PM
I was browsing the site when I came across this game. Attempting to figure out what it entailed exactly I clicked on the walk through link to see if the opening statements could tell me more about the game play itself. I know this is going to sound picky but considering that I AM a German Shepherd Dog breeder, trainer, animal behaviorist, and canine color genetics expert specializing in the blue, liver, and Isabella colors within the German Shepherd breed, seeing it spelled "Shepard" drives me absolutely bonkers.

There is no dog breed who's breed name ends in "Shepherd" that is ever spelled "Shepard". (ex: Australian Shepherd). Easy way to remember the correct spelling is that these are HERDING dogs. Bred originally to herd livestock. Hence the spelling, ShepHERD. Also if you ever watch a dog show on Animal Planet you will note that these dogs are always shown in the HERDING Group. And for good reason....

Thanks, I feel much better now that I got that off of my chest. LOL

~Darlene~
German Shepherd Aficionado

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

Please spell the breed name correctly!

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jul 8, 12 10:59 AM
BlueDogs77 wrote:I was browsing the site when I came across this game. Attempting to figure out what it entailed exactly I clicked on the walk through link to see if the opening statements could tell me more about the game play itself. I know this is going to sound picky but considering that I AM a German Shepherd Dog breeder, trainer, animal behaviorist, and canine color genetics expert specializing in the blue, liver, and Isabella colors within the German Shepherd breed, seeing it spelled "Shepard" drives me absolutely bonkers.

There is no dog breed who's breed name ends in "Shepherd" that is ever spelled "Shepard". (ex: Australian Shepherd). Easy way to remember the correct spelling is that these are HERDING dogs. Bred originally to herd livestock. Hence the spelling, ShepHERD. Also if you ever watch a dog show on Animal Planet you will note that these dogs are always shown in the HERDING Group. And for good reason....

Thanks, I feel much better now that I got that off of my chest. LOL

~Darlene~
German Shepherd Aficionado

WOW, what a list of talents and capabilities; you must REALLY ENJOY your job or should I say passion?

Yeah, I have to say that I've found it hilarious the way that the little "Taco Bell" dog's breed is misspelled -- Chiwawah when it SHOULD be Chihuahua. I say "Taco Bell" dog because for years it was U.S. A.'s Taco Bell's advertising mascot.

MEnr56

Go to: