bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Premature Burial

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 4, 11 12:05 AM
Step into Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe’s The Premature Burial , where Julien has hired the world famous Detective Dupin to investigate the sudden death of his beloved Victorine. After her passing, Victorine’s husband, who she has no love for, has her buried incredibly quickly, making Julien uneasy. Become Detective Dupin’s assistant and use your Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure talents to unravel the mystery!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Premature Burial

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 4, 11 1:04 AM
Am downloading now and will buy this game. I played the CE trial and was waiting for the SE to come out.

As always, love the graphics, gameplay and puzzles. Another ERS game that I will add to my already long list of ERS games.

Happy Friday, everyone.

Angel369
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by Angel369 on Nov 4, 11 1:26 AM
I couldn't have put it better myself Valdy hope you have a Happy Friday too...If you live in the UK then the week-ends gonna be but wiv this game methinks it'll feel more like as it's bound to lift the spirits..

Angel369
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by Angel369 on Nov 4, 11 1:28 AM
OOH just morphed into a squid with that reply...am loving the colour

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 4, 11 1:31 AM
Angel369 wrote:OOH just morphed into a squid with that reply...am loving the colour

Oooh... congratulations on morphing into a , Angel.

Yes, the weather is grey and gloomy and wet. Just the way I like it - gives me a good excuse to stay indoors and play my game.

EMS71
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by EMS71 on Nov 4, 11 2:12 AM
Angel369 wrote:OOH just morphed into a squid with that reply...am loving the colour

EMS71
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by EMS71 on Nov 4, 11 2:14 AM
Hi , How do you morph?

JayTeeLine
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by JayTeeLine on Nov 4, 11 2:31 AM
Valdy wrote:Am downloading now and will buy this game. I played the CE trial and was waiting for the SE to come out.

As always, love the graphics, gameplay and puzzles. Another ERS game that I will add to my already long list of ERS games.

Happy Friday, everyone.

If you are excited with a weekend of Edgar Allan Poe -- so am I Valdy. Will download and buy immediately.

I very much enjoy your posts and when England is dark and damp....so it is here also. Europe is Europe -- almost everywhere!!

Love your dark humor, Angel as it fits with me also!!!! And congratulations on your morph Angel.

Hope we all have a good weekend full of gaming fun.

jt
edited for typo and to clairfy my jibberish....

Edited on 11/04/2011 at 2:43:46 AM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 4, 11 2:33 AM
Always check the Reviews for the Collector's Edition as few will post on the SE a month later. I just did and along with it 11 pages of Help, Stuck, Where is How do I?etc. And those were a version with a strategy guide! I loved Rue Morgue, Black Cat was way more difficult for me, thought I'd never finish, so I just wonder if the challenges got pushed even higher. My frustration level hasn't much improved so I'll wait to see what other casual players think, or if dark shadowy scenes are a roadblock for old eyes.

Meantime I'm going for the soft release, a straight HOG with some interaction and fun light minis. Maybe go back and enjoy Rue Morgue again too.

JayTeeLine
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by JayTeeLine on Nov 4, 11 2:35 AM
EMS71 wrote:Hi , How do you morph?

At 61 posts, EMS 71 - you will become a purple squid. Purple is a perfect color....so just keep posting and it shall happen!!!!

Angel369
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by Angel369 on Nov 4, 11 2:40 AM
EMS71 wrote:Hi , How do you morph?

, if you look at the icon next to your name (where it tells you how many posts you've made in the various forums) you'll see your fishy character. if you click on that, it'll bring up a list of various fish, shellfish characters along with a short description..when you've placed enough posts, you automatically 'morph' into the next character on the list...the fun bit is ..you don't know how many posts you have to make until you post the vital message. .I hope this helps and that it's all correct happy gaming

[Post New]by Velvet_Eyes on Nov 4, 11 4:10 AM
Love the Collector's Edition (CE)!
It was a lot of Fun and many full Secrets!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 4, 11 4:12 AM
JayTeeLine wrote:
Valdy wrote:Am downloading now and will buy this game. I played the CE trial and was waiting for the SE to come out.

Happy Friday, everyone.

If you are excited with a weekend of Edgar Allan Poe -- so am I Valdy. Will download and buy immediately.

I very much enjoy your posts and when England is dark and damp....so it is here also. Europe is Europe -- almost everywhere!!

Thank you, JayTeeLine. Hope you will enjoy the game as much as I do.

--- --- ---

EMS71: Some peeps here know how many posts it takes until you morph. I haven't figured it out myself yet where I can find that info, but here is a link to the page with all the different fish and other sea creatures you can morph into:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/faqs/list.page#forumranks

Angel369
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by Angel369 on Nov 4, 11 5:00 AM
'Love your dark humor, Angel as it fits with me also!!!! And congratulations on your morph Angel.'

fanx JayTeeLine.. and the sun's actually now so must have got a wiggle on after my last message ..Loving being a squid too

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 4, 11 5:06 AM
After a nice grey morning, the sun has come out here where I live at the mo as well. *sigh* LOL

Well, I have been playing the game for a while, and am really happy with it. No problems with the game, but then I never have any problems with ERS games.

I also love the fact that I have to find 33 roses to make a bouquet... for whom I wonder. LOL

Hope you all enjoy the game as much as I do.

quizzly
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by quizzly on Nov 4, 11 6:39 AM
This great game rewards me for not buying every CE right away. I have a punchcard with four coupons and I am happy to use one them here.

barbaralbb
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by barbaralbb on Nov 4, 11 7:15 AM
Oh, Valdy....
Please send some of your wet weather down to Texas. We're cooler but still SO dry there are cracks in the ground..... My husband bought new umbrellas, since he is an optimist!

Bought and am downloading this game - love the Poe games and look forward to playing.

Happy Friday to all fishies!

-----------------------
My turn - I just became a Lobster! Not so sure about that one, I really liked the little purple squid. So, you become a lobster at 80 post.... One of there days I need to look at the creature "schedule".

Edited on 11/04/2011 at 7:18:31 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 4, 11 8:33 AM
barbaralbb wrote:Oh, Valdy....
Please send some of your wet weather down to Texas. We're cooler but still SO dry there are cracks in the ground..... My husband bought new umbrellas, since he is an optimist!

Uses her mighty magic and does a rain dance for Barbaralbb.
That should do the trick.

-----------------------
My turn - I just became a Lobster! Not so sure about that one, I really liked the little purple squid. So, you become a lobster at 80 post.... One of there days I need to look at the creature "schedule".

Oooh... congratulations for turning into one of my favourite foody items. LOL

Go to: