bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Premature Burial technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Nov 4, 11 1:05 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Premature Burial technical issues here only

[Post New]by aalaurie on Nov 4, 11 9:10 AM
I finally had to exit the game. It moved like very sticky molasses. Is it me or did anyone else have this problem?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Premature Burial technical issues here only

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 4, 11 9:14 AM
aalaurie wrote:I finally had to exit the game. It moved like very sticky molasses. Is it me or did anyone else have this problem?

How old is your computer/graphic card? I know that the some peeps complain about the slowness ERS' games and/or cursor.

I have no such problems with this or any of the previous ERS games, using a Sony Vaio, Win7, 64-bit laptop.

Edited on 11/04/2011 at 10:58:05 AM PST

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 4, 11 9:32 AM
Hi aalaurie,

You might want to see if checking for some updates for your computer might help. Here is a help article that can walk you through this:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't help, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps will be happy to work with you on the delayed game play. Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

abbyD
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by abbyD on Nov 4, 11 2:44 PM
Problem in crypt:

I'm doing the HOS in the Chapter 4 crypt and I can't get the "9" or the acorn. I can pick up the cigarette lighter but I can't burn the spider web to get the acorn.
I've quit and gone back in, but that didn't help. Any ideas?

[Post New]by yankee54 on Nov 4, 11 5:31 PM
abbyD, I'm having the same problem as you. With the "9" and the acorn. I hit the hint button a couple of times and I still can't get the "9". Help!!

[Post New]by yankee54 on Nov 4, 11 5:51 PM
I found out how to get the acorn and the "9". First take the lighter and light the candle then take the candle to the spider web. Take the acorn then you get the #9. How easy was that.

Edited on 11/04/2011 at 5:52:28 PM PST

[Post New]by abbotsford on Nov 4, 11 6:48 PM
I played the trial version with no difficulty. Then I bought the game. Took me all day to download the full version and finally have it activated. Problem is I cannot play it.
I get the screen saying thanks for playing. When I click on play again, nothing happens. I now have a game paid for which I cannot play. Seems to me every since they changed the game manager, there is nothing but problems. I can play all my other games, so the problem has to be with this game. Will wait to see if big fish can find out what is going on.

[Post New]by Cr8tvfmle1 on Nov 4, 11 7:37 PM
I can't seem to click on the "Letter P". Is anyone else having that problem?

msdarann
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by msdarann on Nov 5, 11 11:34 AM
This game takes forever to load scenes, it's not my computer as I have a new laptop and it does the same thing on that. Some scenes freeze up and others are just slooooooooow. It took a good 5 minutes just to leave the "do you really want to quit" page. Will not buy this one, the first Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe worked great and I loved it. Of the 30 minutes I played this trail version, almost half was spent waiting for the scenes to load..

Edited on 11/05/2011 at 11:37:09 AM PST

[Post New]by ssmacher on Nov 5, 11 1:10 PM
I purchased this game and can't play it. It downloads and installs fine but when it goes to activation it will not work. I get the following error message: "access violation at 0x00488B0F (tried to read from 0x3BCE7463) program terminated." Can you please tell me what this means and if I can fix it?

Thanks

Islanderhh99
Manatee
Manatee
3,924 Posts

[Post New]by Islanderhh99 on Nov 5, 11 1:28 PM
ssmacher wrote:I purchased this game and can't play it. It downloads and installs fine but when it goes to activation it will not work. I get the following error message: "access violation at 0x00488B0F (tried to read from 0x3BCE7463) program terminated." Can you please tell me what this means and if I can fix it?

Thanks

Same thing is happening to me. I've tried downloading it 5 times now, between getting that message, or having it download just the trial, I've given up. Never had a problem downloading any game from BF before.

[Post New]by Tanya628 on Nov 5, 11 7:47 PM

ssmacher wrote:
I purchased this game and can't play it. It downloads and installs fine but when it goes to activation it will not work. I get the following error message: "access violation at 0x00488B0F (tried to read from 0x3BCE7463) program terminated." Can you please tell me what this means and if I can fix it?

Thanks

I have the same thing happening with me as well, i can play the trial version with no problems, then when i buy the game, i get "the access violation errors" i've made sure that my DEP is set according to what is suggested, my firewall is set up correctly, this is the 2nd game i've bought that i'm unable to play.

Edited on 11/05/2011 at 7:48:41 PM PST

[Post New]by yockeygal on Nov 6, 11 5:42 AM
I have a similar error message, 802 that the game manager is stalling out (no kidding.) The game downloads quickly, installs, then will not activate. I contacted tech support and they said that it was the virus checker on my system. I told them that I thought it was their activation code system since I easily downloaded the several games I had bought on Halloween special, less than a week ago. They said that these exceptions happen.

Sigh. I checked what they said to no avail. Let me know what you all figure out as I have hit the limit of my computer knowledge and it didn't take long.

Thanks!

Yockeygal

ETA: I deleted the sample game just in case there was a glitch with the game dowloaded updating it to the full game. I tried to download the purchased game yet once again.....and the sample game reappeared in the game manager! I have no idea why that would show up instead of the full game.

Edited on 11/06/2011 at 5:53:44 AM PST

lulu82000
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by lulu82000 on Nov 6, 11 11:13 AM
Cr8tvfmle1 wrote:I can't seem to click on the "Letter P". Is anyone else having that problem?

I have the same problem , any idea ?
Thanks for helping , I'm stuck now .

[Post New]by Go_Saints on Nov 6, 11 2:23 PM
Cr8tvfmle1 wrote:I can't seem to click on the "Letter P". Is anyone else having that problem?

I can't get it either. Clicked all over it and around it. So I guess I'm stuck until they fix yet another game.

lulu82000
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by lulu82000 on Nov 6, 11 11:33 PM
I got it !
First you have to lit the candle , burn the web and then click on letter P .
Hope it will help .

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Nov 7, 11 4:24 AM
I had no problems when playing the demo version of the game but after I purchased my anti-virus wants me to open the game in sandbox mode.

Tried uninstalling & reinstalling but that did not fix the problem; I still get asked to open in sandbox.

lulu82000
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by lulu82000 on Nov 7, 11 5:03 AM
SeaBamboo wrote:I had no problems when playing the demo version of the game but after I purchased my anti-virus wants me to open the game in sandbox mode.

Tried uninstalling & reinstalling but that did not fix the problem; I still get asked to open in sandbox.

The same for me .So, after opening in sandbox and having to play the game again and again at the same place , I ignored the message and now play with no problem .

[Post New]by Tanya628 on Nov 7, 11 1:58 PM
SeaBamboo wrote:I had no problems when playing the demo version of the game but after I purchased my anti-virus wants me to open the game in sandbox mode.

That's what is happening to me as well.

Go to: