Can't finish game!

[Post New]by downunder46 on Nov 4, 11 6:42 AM
I'm in the cavern, the spider is gone. When I click on the map, it takes me back to the village. The cavern shows 0% completed. When I click on the cavern, it takes me back there, but I can't play on. When I click on play, it takes me back to the village again. I can keep playing the other places, and my total increases, but I can't seem to be able to play the cavern. I thought the villagers were supposed to come back, but nothing happens. Is this the end, or is something missing? Any help would be appreciated a lot.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

Re:Can't finish game!

[Post New]by burf90 on Nov 12, 11 2:58 PM
I think that what you described is actually the ending. I have exactly the same thing, except that the spider cavern says 100%, not 0%. I did get an ending of sorts - the spider disappeared, I got a short "congratulations" type message and the fountain in the cave is restored. When I return to the map, I can play any of the buildings, but the arrow is still over the cavern. It says "100% complete", but the status is still "available". When I go in the cavern, all I can do is look. Nothing can be played. So, I think we both finished the game, but there is a glitch with the message at the ending.

[Post New]by downunder46 on Nov 13, 11 6:33 AM
Thanks Burf90, I thought that probably was the ending. It just seemed to me that you would have seen the villagers come back. I don't think I saw a congratulations message, in fact I'm pretty sure I didn't, which is why I thought there must be more to come. Have you played 1 & 2, they are both very good, can't wait for the next one!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Nov 13, 11 8:53 AM
Yes, I've bought and won all three. Originally, I passed on the first one after playing the trial. I found I often couldn't beat the clock in the later levels and I was reluctant to play the untimed mode, since many games skip the story (and rewards, if any) when you do that. I saw it as a DD months later and decided to give it a second try. This time I played untimed and found it was exactly the same as timed, so I bought it. Glad I did!

I was disappointed that the people didn't come back, too. But I don't think they came back in the first two, either. Or, at least you never saw any of them. This one had a really abrupt ending, though. The programmers were probably trying to beat a deadline and cut corners.

You didn't miss much with the congratulations message. It was a small paragraph that said the end of the rainbow was now restored, the evil spider was defeated and the people returned, but no picture of a bustling and happy village. You just get a message in the cave and stay there.

LindaJ1956
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by LindaJ1956 on Dec 4, 11 5:14 PM
I didn't even get the 'Congratulations" although I get the 100%. I wonder if it was because, out of all the webs in the cave, I went over the minimum amount of moves on the 3rd (Blacksmith's shop) web (I keep getting 5 out of 4 moves and can never get it under 5 no matter what I try). Maybe the people don't come back because of a Rainbow Web 4? Either way, I loved all 3 games, with the exception of the frustration on that one web in the cave

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Dec 4, 11 9:44 PM
Is the fountain flowing? If it is you probably did finish the game. It's possible you clicked past the "Congratulations" - or blinked. I swear I barely had time to read it before it disappeared and it was only a few lines long. It's a shame that this installment was a little glitchy. I really liked the first two and was looking forward to this one, but I had many puzzles that I had to restart because half the beads were missing and there was no way to win.

[Post New]by mking46 on Apr 30, 12 11:36 AM
yes the fountain is flowing it yays o% complete. it still won't let me play that room. what seems 2 be the problem with this game ? i see in the furom a lot of people are having a problem with the cavern. has anyone been able to finish the game ? IS THEE ANY ONE OUT THERE THAT KNOWS THE ANSWER???

jap54
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by jap54 on Jun 6, 13 1:45 PM
I have purchased this game and the others but unfortunately the Rainbow Web 3 has me baffled due to the Cavern not letting me start. It appears it is the end but as it is not lit up think there should be more to it. Any ideas.

Go to: