bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Reincarnations: Back to Reality technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Nov 5, 11 12:59 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

galphimia
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Re:Post any Reincarnations: Back to Reality technical issues here only

[Post New]by galphimia on Nov 5, 11 1:12 AM
When I change to another scene I am getting a big black square on the left side of my screen. Is that normal ? I am hesitating to buy.

addictedtofish
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by addictedtofish on Nov 5, 11 4:28 AM
The game is running very slowly on my computer - and jumpy like when you don't get a good signal on your mobile and you only get bits of the conversation. It was worse when I tried out the collectors edition - I got a bit further in the SE, but required a lot of patience!
Bought "Dark Tales" yesterday - that runs fine and it's a big game so I don't know what the problem is.
Also had trouble with Awakening the Goblin Kingdom, just wouldn't play on my computer - went to technical help but they finally said (after upgrading everything) it just wasn't compatible with my comp. Seems to me that the only way to play these new games is to get a brand new, top of the range computer which is a bit excessive, just for playing some games!! Shame these were 2 games I would have bought.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Nov 5, 11 6:45 AM
the game's music is choppy cuts on and off, I will try a few more things if that don't work I will have to pass on this game it is to bad I waited for the game to come out in SE..

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 5, 11 8:08 AM
Hello everyone,

Display, lagging and sound issues can all be caused for a couple of reasons, but sometimes a quick update to your system can help. For those of you who haven't yet looked for updates for your computer, please refer to the following help article for more information:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If going through these steps don't resolve the issue you're seeing, please get in touch with Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report and our reps will be happy to work with you personally. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by SilverAlexis on Nov 5, 11 9:11 AM
And here we go again. I downloaded and played the CE and it worked fine. So, no it's not MY computer, or graphics card or anything. I decided to purchase the SE, without doing the free trial... and low and behold. It won't run at all. From the "play" button on the dreaded Game manager... a runtime error... and then nothing.

Any thoughts (other than telling me my system needs updated)?

Such a shame that the site I have love for years... is almost more trouble than it's worth now.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Nov 5, 11 10:17 AM
I made a different profile, Then i closed the game manager out, then i went back into the game now the game works and I can play now, I did enable the curser ..
I love the game awesome graphics and sounds..Thx BF & Dev's for all your hard work..

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on Nov 5, 11 11:36 AM
I played the first part of the game and it worked well. So I decided to buy it and clicked the buy using a club token. It had difficulty and told me to to uninstall and then reinstall. Did that. Now it is saying that the Big Fish game application is not working and they will let me know when it is. This is a new one for me. Incidentally this computer is spanking new and has no problems with any other games.

Debnfla
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by Debnfla on Nov 5, 11 4:51 PM
This game just does not like my computer. It told me to change my DPI to less than 100% so I did. It still didn't play. So I changed my Font size to less than 100% and it would play. But very choppy, hesitating and music breaking up...slow cursor. I just don't like to have to change anything because I am not that computer savvy. Isn't the game manager supposed to do that automatically? Oh well, I guess this one is not to be.

Deb

Inanga
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Inanga on Nov 5, 11 11:39 PM
White screen, then Guest: came up so typed in my name and pressed enter.
Nothing after that except music and had to Ctrl-alt-del (sigh).

[Post New]by SilverAlexis on Nov 6, 11 6:48 AM
I've contacted tech support. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice now.

I see that no BFG rep has been to this forum since the game was no longer 'tgt'. I love this site, BUT... I may have to start looking elsewhere. Every other game doesn't work.

One more uninstall... and reinstall... *crossing fingers*

bobbyr1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by bobbyr1 on Nov 7, 11 7:14 AM
Where is the "heart" in the chest in the North Pole? I can't find it and when I hit the hint button it sends me to two different places. I don't think the heart exsists in the chest.Can't proceede.
Please advise. Thank you

bobbyr1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by bobbyr1 on Nov 7, 11 7:16 AM
Where is the "heart" in the chest in the North Pole? I can't find it and when I hit the hint button it sends me to two different places. I don't think the heart exsists in the chest.Can't proceede.
Please advise. Thank you

AuBrnPeach
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by AuBrnPeach on Nov 8, 11 8:08 AM
bobbyr1 wrote:Where is the "heart" in the chest in the North Pole? I can't find it and when I hit the hint button it sends me to two different places. I don't think the heart exsists in the chest.Can't proceede.
Please advise. Thank you

Same issue for me except the hint button only directs me to the chest!!!!!!

AuBrnPeach
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by AuBrnPeach on Nov 8, 11 8:12 AM
OK found the heart!! It is NOT in the chest! Look in between the chain ......whew!!!!

bobbyr1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by bobbyr1 on Nov 8, 11 12:53 PM
Thank you for the tip. That was driving me crazy.

[Post New]by Chastrea on Nov 9, 11 11:17 AM
I get to The Mill lock and the larger part of the lock only shows yellow, no orange. I tried clicking everything in the area, tried to turn the locks, push buttons, nothing seems to work.

Help?

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Nov 9, 11 6:42 PM
I fixed a runtime error in another game by cleaning my registry. You might want to give it a try. I think the uninstall isn't cleaning up after itself and then when you install another version, the wrong registry keys are being used.

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Nov 9, 11 9:46 PM

I don't know if this is a tech problem or not, but there isn't a #4 lap top button. I found #s 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 & 7. Went to walk through here and on another site and neither mentions #4. Can't procede without it. Went back through every scene and still can't find it. Any one know where it is?

[Post New]by kristine0 on Nov 14, 11 9:54 PM
I played the trial version of the game last name and decided to buy it. It seemed like the game had a hard time recongnizing that I purchased it but I checked My Account and it shows up that I used a credit to purchase it. Now when I try to play it, it won't let me. It says that if I've already purchased it to reactivate the game. I've clicked on the "reactivate it" spot multiple times and the only thing that keeps popping up is "Activating Reincarnations: Back to Reality. Nothing happens after that. It won't reactivate it, it just says on the screen that it is. What do I do now? Should I uninstall and then reinstall the game? Will I lose my place in the game if I do that? Thanks! Kristine

Go to: