bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Reincarnations: Back to Reality

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Nov 5, 11 1:00 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Reincarnations: Back to Reality? Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions about the game in this thread. We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond! To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game!

A lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

For any comments or discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum. If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

Re:Reviews for Reincarnations: Back to Reality

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Nov 5, 11 3:42 AM
After the proverbial car crash you find yourself having to go back to the past in four different lives to change what happened. As ever the Vogat artists have produced beautifully involved, gorgeous scenery; their work really is stupendous. However the graphics are not crisp as I prefer & were pretty blurry in the cut scenes. The music is wonderfully subtle as are the ambient background sounds.

There are no voiceovers which is a shame as IMO they would have upgraded the game; the dialogue is clickable.

There are 3 modes of play
Casual with a 30 second hint recharge & lots of sparkles
Challenge with 90 second hint & just a few glints to give a clue where to look
For those of you who love things difficult there is an Extreme mode with no sparkles, no hints & no help in the minigames.

The Hidden Objects scenes have some interactive items & a misclick penalty & there are the usual types of puzzles to open locks, etc.

This is not the best offering from Vogat but definitely worth using one of my punchcard codes on.

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Nov 5, 11 7:24 AM
Thanks for the prompt review, SeaBamboo.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Nov 5, 11 9:12 AM
What level were you playing, SeaBamboo? I played Casual and did not have a misclick penalty. Even on casual, it seems you have to use your head a bit on this one. I liked it.

I wish there were a way to pull up all the Vogat, ERS, etc. games.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Nov 5, 11 9:25 AM
hello roaming, I usually play for about 10 minutes on easy to get a feel for the game & check out the hint recharge & then I start a new profile on a harder mode. I have to admit I did not try out Extreme as I can't imagine playing with no hint button at all.

Agree about seeing games listed by developer, that would be brilliant

Chexmixmonet
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,816 Posts

[Post New]by Chexmixmonet on Nov 5, 11 9:26 AM
That was FUN! I can't wait to check out the rest!

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Nov 5, 11 10:22 AM
I love the game, Thx BF and DEv's excellent job well done..

JoBee1215
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by JoBee1215 on Nov 5, 11 11:21 AM
THIS GAME STARTS OFF KINDA SLOW BUT AFTER GETTING INTO THE FIRST "LIFE" IT'S GREAT. THE HOGS ARE BRIGHT AND CHALLENGING. AFTER ALL THE BROWN, GREY AND BLACK SCENES THIS IS NICE.

THE STORY LINE IS INTERESTING KEEPS YOU GOING. GET NEW TENNIS SHOES IF YOU DON'T LIKE GOING BACK AND FORTH YOU WON'T CARE FOR THIS.

ALL I CAN SAY IS TRY IT FOR AT LEAST 30 MINUTES BEFORE YOU SAY NO.
[/color]

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Nov 5, 11 2:01 PM
I have bought the CE on the release date and had much fun with the game. As the SE its a steal.Happy gaming everyone

jammer333
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by jammer333 on Nov 5, 11 2:13 PM
seems to be running really well...i love vogat

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Nov 5, 11 10:02 PM
This game is so small I can barely see it. The scenes are fuzzy and hogs are really hard to find anything, as they all blur together. Might be fun, but I will wait for a reduction in price. Doesn't even fill half of my screen.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Nov 5, 11 11:59 PM
I started off on the Extreme mode, but found that I did need the hint button for the H0 scenes, so I deleted that profile and restarted the game at the Advanced mode. I'm liking this game. There's plenty to do in it, things to pick up, things to look at, etc. I like when the developers include that rather than just having one scene be for one thing. I was taking my time playing it, so if there are four lives that have to be relived, this game is going to be a long one for me.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Nov 6, 11 1:59 AM
I remember playing the CE and really liking it. So playing the SE demo was enjoyable and finished the demo in 30 mins. The graphics and music were really good . The gameplay was easy enough to follow. The ****'s and mini games were challenging enough. I really liked this game and would rate it a 9 out of 10. May very well buy it, hmmmm....

nikma
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by nikma on Nov 6, 11 3:11 AM
bellissimo gioco veramente divertente...bella grafica e colori....consiglio....

[Post New]by laurasimonuk on Nov 6, 11 7:08 AM
@admiral. i had this problem,. but i went into settings and unchecked the wide screen mode and put it on full screen and then it made it right. It doesnt fill the screen in proper wide screen, with about an inch blacked out down the sides, but for some reason with wide screen checked the black was about 4 inches each side and everything was squashed in the middle. I have a 17" laptop widescreen. hope this helps you because this is a really nice game. I am loving it, its not too spooky, nice and varied minigames and interactive and differetn HOG scenes with find 15 items and also interactive items. Some running around, but not so much that i need to write stuff down. I am going to buy Thanks Dev's

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Nov 6, 11 10:17 AM
roaming wrote:What level were you playing, SeaBamboo? I played Casual and did not have a misclick penalty. Even on casual, it seems you have to use your head a bit on this one. I liked it.

I wish there were a way to pull up all the Vogat, ERS, etc. games.

If you "google" Vogat Games, you should be able to click on to their site and see a listing of their games. That usually goes for most of the developers.

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Nov 6, 11 5:59 PM
This isn't a review, just a comment.

It is VERY difficult to click on SOME objects in the hidden object scenes. For example, in one scene I was asked to find "Bugs." I found two ladybugs close to each other and clicked on one. Then I tried clicking on the other one. Then I tried clicking on the space between them. I gave up, found everything else, then used a hint. It turns out they were the right bugs after all. After about 20 tries clicking all around the area I finally managed to "find" the Bugs. This was not isolated. I had similar problems throughout the game. I don't think this is a technical issue with my computer, just poor quality control.

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Nov 6, 11 6:02 PM
Another comment - not a spoiler.

When I finished the fourth life, the book showed a page of text covered with dust. Before the dust moved so I could read the page, the book closed. I didn't click to continue. The cut scene just moved on before anyone could possibly read the text. BOO.

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Nov 6, 11 6:19 PM
Another comment.

I understand why some people don't like sparkles. Therefore, I'm willing to buy a game with no sparkles. However, I personally like them. I don't enjoy moving a cursor over every inch of the screen looking for hot spots. However, when a game has not two but THREE modes of difficulty and CLAIMS to have sparkles and then doesn't so I still have to search for hot spots, that's just plain annoying.

If you are supposed to pick up an object on screen (as opposed to read a note or work a puzzle), they never sparkle, even on the very easiest mode. So you still have to search the screen with your cursor.

Also, the task list sometimes lists things you can't do yet and DOESN'T list tasks you can do for no apparent reason.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Nov 6, 11 7:48 PM
Enjoyed the game. Most scenes were very clear and well done, however some scences were really blurry....on purpose? HOGs could be tricky, but enjoyable.

Go to: