Vampire in Mountain Temple

[Post New]by VessaMorana on Nov 5, 11 6:09 PM
I'm facing the vampire in the mountain temple but almost everything I do causes no damage at all. Physical attacks might, if I'm lucky, do 1 point of damage but most of the time, they don't and none of the spells do any damage.

Is there some trick to it? The first boss and fire wizard I was able to figure out and beat but I don't have a clue for this one. All it takes is one vampire bite attack and I'm back at the beginning.

papillonma
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

Re:Vampire in Mountain Temple

[Post New]by papillonma on Nov 5, 11 6:28 PM
I used Claire's light spell.

Papillonma

[Post New]by VessaMorana on Nov 5, 11 7:27 PM
I tried that. Absolutely zero damager.

FatedHaven
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by FatedHaven on Nov 5, 11 7:40 PM
You need to bring up claire's attack then.

[Post New]by VessaMorana on Nov 6, 11 5:42 PM
It took two level ups before I was able to do enough damage. I also got lucky and he used vampire bite a lot less often.

Having said that, can bosses be affected by status stuff or was I just unlucky in that turbo wind, fire blast, and shatter hymn didn't apply the possible status effects on the vampire?

Edited on 11/06/2011 at 5:46:36 PM PST

FatedHaven
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by FatedHaven on Nov 6, 11 6:06 PM
Bosses have a VERY low chance of being affected by negative status alignments. (I believe it's 0.53% chance)

Edited on 11/06/2011 at 6:14:04 PM PST

[Post New]by VessaMorana on Nov 6, 11 11:38 PM
Thanks, that's good to know. I'll remember to go for damage rather than hoping to get a status effect - help me save a little on mp.

[Post New]by Gamerlaurie on Sep 10, 13 11:09 AM
I am still stuck on this vampire.... Nothing I do gets past his healing, and evading. and he just keeps regaining his life, and I am totally out of potions for mana & Hp I had quite a few before I started this... The status things don't work? than Why bother to give them to us in that section for new spells... that's seems kind of stupid. And in my opinion these mobs have Waaaaayy, more HP than they should have at the earlier levels. I am totally bored just in a single battle alone.

FatedHaven
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by FatedHaven on Nov 24, 13 3:37 AM
Gamerlaurie wrote:I am still stuck on this vampire.... Nothing I do gets past his healing, and evading. and he just keeps regaining his life, and I am totally out of potions for mana & Hp I had quite a few before I started this... The status things don't work? than Why bother to give them to us in that section for new spells... that's seems kind of stupid. And in my opinion these mobs have Waaaaayy, more HP than they should have at the earlier levels. I am totally bored just in a single battle alone.

Because the spells are still useful? If you don't like how much HP the enemies have, maybe you should try not dumping so many points into HP? All enemies stats are based on your parties. Enemies stats are based on your parties average.

Sounds like you need some more balance between your stats if you're having that many issues

The tutorial portion of the game explains needing to be careful with your stats and stresses balance. The game can be however hard or however easy you want it to be...

Edited on 11/24/2013 at 3:41:16 AM PST

Go to: