Game won't open

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

Game won't open

[Post New]by doccat5 on Jan 12, 09 2:34 AM
I downloaded the demo, it installed fine, but will not run. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it twice. Not sure what's going on there, sigh...

Re:Game won't open

[Post New]by maxwell29 on Jan 12, 09 3:01 AM
same thing happened too me also so I quit trying

[Post New]by frog_mad_74 on Jan 12, 09 3:22 AM
I can't even get it to open in the the demo stage,I thought I was the only one it was happening to..
Nice to know I am going round the bend just yet..

[Post New]by ZARKNY on Jan 12, 09 3:30 AM
I've had the same problem using Vista Home Premium w/SP1. I get a message that the 'drmapplication has stopped working' after the game downloads, installs and tries to activate. Eventually the BFG application told me my trial had expired, even though I never played it. Also, same problem with Art Detective (except message is 'macromedia projector has stopped working') and with Crimes of Fashion. I've sent an email to customer service to help resolve the matter. These are all MICROSOFT WINDOWS generated messages (not antivirus or other software) and I think they may have started after recent Vista system updates I installed. I am unable to even try any of these games as they won't start.

[Post New]by AmyNMikeS on Jan 12, 09 3:31 AM
Same problem here. I also just gave up.

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Jan 12, 09 4:13 AM
Just got a shiny new computer and was pleased that my games ran better (including Cradle of Persia which never opened for me on my old computer) and lo and behold; Fairy Island does not open. Soooooo glad I'm not the only one.

[Post New]by Quinielamass on Jan 12, 09 4:56 AM
Same here tried yesterday and this morning game won't open at all

[Post New]by i34unicorn on Jan 12, 09 5:18 AM
I had the same problem also. I installed it on two computers, thinking one had the problem, and lo and behold it was on both of them. I get to the 60 minute demo screen and click play demo and nothing happens, so I hit control, alt and delete to bring up my screen that would show if there is anything playing in the background and nothing is there. So I guess we will have to wait for BFG to fix it.

frummy
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by frummy on Jan 12, 09 6:48 AM
Hi everyone.

I have the same problem. It won't open. Art detective i working fine . I played it for a few minutes. No problems yet.

debra8
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by debra8 on Jan 12, 09 7:43 AM
same problem. I downloaded Syberia the same day, no problem with the large file game, but this little mini game won't open Why?

debbie6754
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by debbie6754 on Jan 12, 09 8:08 AM
Same problem here. I uninstalled and reinstalled, still won't open. I gave up.

flipper70
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by flipper70 on Jan 12, 09 8:20 AM
This is the first time I've had a problem opening any Big Fish game. I downloaded it yesterday and it wouldn't open. I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it once or twice and it still didn't help. From what I read in the forums, Big Fish is aware of the problem and is working on a solution.

[Post New]by tooterputz on Jan 12, 09 9:16 AM
Hi everyone,

What's going on here? Same thing for me, game will not open. I have no problem with the other games. Unfortunately, I have purchased this game! Please help.

pejle
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by pejle on Jan 12, 09 9:27 AM
the game wont open for me also

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Jan 12, 09 9:33 AM
Hello everyone! I'm sorry to hear that you are having technical difficulties with Fairy Island. I would recommend that you contact our Customer Support staff. They are well trained in assisting with technical questions and concerns. You can contact them by clicking here.

Thank you for visiting the forums!

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Jan 12, 09 9:59 AM
It's so bad that my computer won't even load the picture thumbnails here ob BFG. All I get are red boxes here on the forum or in the game download area.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jan 12, 09 10:02 AM
If you have Vista, take a look at the sticky topic on this game at the top of Chit-Chat. They have a proposed solution until the new build is available. Good Luck

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Jan 12, 09 10:07 AM
I got a message from my AVG scan, that it has a trojen horse virus, So I immediately deleted it

Lou

[Post New]by pucksgirl40 on Jan 12, 09 11:24 AM
The same thing has happened to me. I down loaded it twice and the same thing happened both times, the game will not open. I get nothing at all. I am not having a problem with any of my other big fish games.

flipper70
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by flipper70 on Jan 12, 09 11:33 AM
Big Fish is working on a solution to this problem as we speak. I'm sure if we be patient, they will fix the problem. Thanks, Big Fish, for the AWESOME customer service you provide to keep us fishies happy! And thanks as well for the great assortment of games you have. There is something for everyone. You all work very hard, and it shows. Today's new game is GREAT and downloaded just fine!

Go to: