cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

Re:Ladder in Medical Section

[Post New]by cbtx on Nov 6, 11 1:16 AM
peglegann wrote:As far as I can remember, you don't need the ladder here, just use your cursor?

That is correct.

(My post was made after peglegann's but the end of DST shows our times different)

Edited on 11/06/2011 at 1:18:34 AM PST

slimjims36
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

Ladder in Medical Section

[Post New]by slimjims36 on Nov 6, 11 1:30 AM
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

I put the eye in the skeleton, got the scroll and read it. I thought the G was a factor but there was no G section. So I used a hint and it said to place the eye in the skeletion and read the scroll. Duh, did that. So went to the strategy gude and (nice surprise = it opened up to right was I was in the game) it said the same thing and then go to the Q to R shelf and it lighted up when my mouse went over it - ha, success, nope. I put the ladder on the Q ... shelf and it wouldn't go anywhere on the shelf so I can't get the screwdriver and I can't get the book. I clicked on every single book and what looked like drawers in the entire Q ... section. So I'm completely stuck.

Anyone find a trick to get by this part?

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Nov 6, 11 1:32 AM
cbtx wrote:
peglegann wrote:As far as I can remember, you don't need the ladder here, just use your cursor?

That is correct.

(My post was made after peglegann's but the end of DST shows our times different)

Oooh. LOL!
Enjoy the game

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Nov 6, 11 1:50 AM
As far as I can remember, you don't need the ladder here, just use your cursor?

slimjims36
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by slimjims36 on Nov 6, 11 2:32 AM
Gizmo must have gotten wet again. Funny how the posts showed up on this. I opened the thread but two posters before me? and the other ones not in the right order? Hmmmmmmm

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Nov 6, 11 3:21 AM
slimjims36 wrote:Gizmo must have gotten wet again. Funny how the posts showed up on this. I opened the thread but two posters before me? and the other ones not in the right order? Hmmmmmmm

It is to do with the clocks going back in the US. Did you manage to get the book?

seahorsequeen
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by seahorsequeen on Nov 6, 11 10:00 AM
Thought I was the only one who noticed you had to click on the Q section when it should've been the G section, which didn't actually exist !! lol

slimjims36
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by slimjims36 on Nov 6, 11 2:59 PM
peglegann wrote:
slimjims36 wrote:Gizmo must have gotten wet again. Funny how the posts showed up on this. I opened the thread but two posters before me? and the other ones not in the right order? Hmmmmmmm

It is to do with the clocks going back in the US. Did you manage to get the book?

I don't think what i said warrented a snarky remark.

slimjims36
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by slimjims36 on Nov 6, 11 3:07 PM
The stragey guide says take the ladder before you pick up the screwdriver.l f I can't place the latter I can't pick up the screwdriver. I tried clicking every where on the Q stack and nothing. With the latter clicking everywhere, nothing.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Nov 6, 11 3:15 PM
slimjims36 wrote:The stragey guide says take the ladder before you pick up the screwdriver.l f I can't place the latter I can't pick up the screwdriver. I tried clicking every where on the Q stack and nothing. With the latter clicking everywhere, nothing.

The screwdriver is in the same place as the book you're looking for. I know you're frustrated ( I bet I'm way worse than you about having no patience) try again slowly.

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

Ladder in Medical Section

[Post New]by dvdiva on Nov 7, 11 3:01 AM
slimjims36 wrote:SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

I put the eye in the skeleton, got the scroll and read it. I thought the G was a factor but there was no G section. So I used a hint and it said to place the eye in the skeletion and read the scroll. Duh, did that. So went to the strategy gude and (nice surprise = it opened up to right was I was in the game) it said the same thing and then go to the Q to R shelf and it lighted up when my mouse went over it - ha, success, nope. I put the ladder on the Q ... shelf and it wouldn't go anywhere on the shelf so I can't get the screwdriver and I can't get the book. I clicked on every single book and what looked like drawers in the entire Q ... section. So I'm completely stuck.

Anyone find a trick to get by this part?

SlimJim, I found the solution You'll have to click on the scroll to pick it up. After that, it will go into your journal. And then you go can look for the book.

Hope this helps!

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Nov 7, 11 3:06 AM
seahorsequeen wrote:Thought I was the only one who noticed you had to click on the Q section when it should've been the G section, which didn't actually exist !! lol

I think the book was in the Q-U shelf because its call number started with "R" (maybe classified under author's name?). The books were probably arranged via call number rather than by title.

Go to: