Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

Stuck with rag and glass shard

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Nov 6, 11 7:35 AM
I'm seriously stuck at the doctor's office. I had the rag and the glass shard, cut down the bucket with it and gave the fish to the cat. When I went back to the broken window I got another glass shard wrapped in the rag.

Now I need just the rag to clean up the wall in the doctor's office. Since I have the shard, too, it won't let me do the cleaning. In the inventory it comes up as a glass shard, not as a rag.

I tried to find something else to do with that wrapped shard but all I get when using the hint is to clean the wall.

So....do I have to start this bloody game all over again???????

cutter1
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:Stuck with rag and glass shard

[Post New]by cutter1 on Nov 6, 11 7:39 AM
Having same problem. No choice right now but to start over.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Nov 6, 11 7:42 AM
I checked the SG, there doesn't seem to be any other use for the wrapped shard. Tried to get rid of it somehow....didn't work either.

Why the heck would it then give me another wrapped shard?????

waVcraZd
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,052 Posts

[Post New]by waVcraZd on Nov 6, 11 12:14 PM
I'm having the same problem! Do not want to start over.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Nov 6, 11 12:51 PM
I did not have this problem. After I used the glass shard to get the fish, all I had was the rag left in inventory.

If you know your graphics drivers are up to date, you need to post this in the Tech thread.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Nov 6, 11 1:36 PM
Same problem. I think it's a glitch in an otherwise great game.

Could do nothing but start game over.

Wasn't that bad actually, because everything is still fresh in your mind and it's a very straightforward game, so you fly through and soon catch up.

Warning for gamers - BE CAREFUL NOT TO PICK UP A SECOND GLASS SHARD ONCE YOU HAVE GOT THE FISH FROM THE BASKET

anyablue
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by anyablue on Nov 6, 11 2:37 PM
I've got a similar issue... (***spoiler alert***)

I have used cleaning rag to wipe off the spider webs under the statue of the library's main hall, then it disappeared after that, and so that I can't use it with detergent spray on the display of surgical instrument.... Now I can't move forward.... Is starting over really the only way left??? *cry* *cry*

OR, was there another place I could find rags??

Please help -- thanks!
AMK

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Nov 6, 11 3:08 PM
anyablue wrote:I've got a similar issue... (***spoiler alert***)

I have used cleaning rag to wipe off the spider webs under the statue of the library's main hall, then it disappeared after that, and so that I can't use it with detergent spray on the display of surgical instrument.... Now I can't move forward.... Is starting over really the only way left??? *cry* *cry*

OR, was there another place I could find rags??

Please help -- thanks!
AMK

anyablue, your rag should still be there. There will be another rag but that's in another chapter. You might have to start again, too. I had to, too....

MerryDaze
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by MerryDaze on Nov 6, 11 3:31 PM
Stuck here as well. Bleh, I don't want to start over.

[Post New]by Crystalscove22 on Nov 7, 11 6:29 PM
Same problem, glass shard stayed in rag after cutting basket. Im really discusted with this. I can not understand how these gliches happen and often never fixed. Still waiting on the fix from a CE released on OCTOBER 23rd! Gonna get my money back on both, enough is enough.

petrinov
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by petrinov on Nov 9, 11 8:01 AM
Unfortunately, that`s what you`re going to have to do. I had to do the same thing.
I`m checking the forum for each chapter so I don`t run into the same thing again.
It`s totally frustrating to have to start over!!!!

Why can`t BF get this game corrected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

petrinov
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by petrinov on Nov 9, 11 8:04 AM
Unfortunately, that`s what you`re going to have to do. I had to do the same thing.
I`m checking the forum for each chapter so I don`t run into the same thing again.
It`s totally frustrating to have to start over!!!!

Why can`t BF get this game corrected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TigerJo714
Stingray
Stingray
5,122 Posts

[Post New]by TigerJo714 on Nov 10, 11 4:32 PM
Well at least I know I'm not the only one with this problem. I guess I'll have to start over as well - UGH

tex, my drivers are up to date so it appears that there is in fact a minor glitch in the game. Thank you for trying to help tho.

[Post New]by bigfishlips on Nov 10, 11 10:09 PM
Hi all, there is an update that fixes the problem. Check out this post titled

"UPDATE! New version available for Death Under Tuscan Skies: A Dana Knightstone Novel CE! Nov 9, 2011"

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/185677.page

Edited on 11/10/2011 at 10:10:55 PM PST

Go to: