textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Comments for Creepy Tales: Lost in Vasel Land

[Post New]by textrekkie on Nov 7, 11 4:38 AM
A place for your comments about the game.

Re:Comments for Creepy Tales: Lost in Vasel Land

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Nov 7, 11 6:25 AM
I'm sorry, but this game is just awful. I could live with the grainy graphics, but the navigation is poor and some of the puzzles, I mean that gear puzzle was dreadful. And I got tired of going into rooms or buildings for nothing, just click on a bunch of stuff and leave.

I'd like to see this game remade into something a bit more professional because I think it has potential, just not like this.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Nov 7, 11 7:20 AM
Wow, can't believe LovetoMissLisa's review.

As she said, she's usually very forgiving and tries to find
something good to say about most games. I look forward
to her reviews, always read and appreciate them.

Fragmented objects are not my favorite, but I have made
exceptions when I enjoy the rest of the game.

Miss Lisa's review + Frogs = No need to download
or demo; and I usually do my own demo, even of
HdO games!.

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Nov 7, 11 8:02 AM
After reading all the comments, I adjusted the contrast and light on my computer. I was able to see and click on 99% of the objects that way. I had to laugh at the vocabulary, it was a bit "different".

Saying that, I have to agree with everyone about the girl and her sister. Hello, when did they get separated and why? The walked in hand in hand, why didn't they come out that way? That bothered me for many reasons, it should have been in the story line somewhere, too.

I didn't have to use the WT, but I did give up after 30 minutes because of all the things you click on that you don't get to see. Just comments.............don't care for that very much.Plus my eyes are hurting. I wish the devs much luck in the future and hope they try again after reading all the comments posted everywhere.

Joy

jlbaughn1
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by jlbaughn1 on Nov 7, 11 10:08 AM
I honestly couldn't go past fifteen minutes playing this piece of garbage. Talk about cheap graphics, cheesy voiceovers and no imagination! This is nothing but a cheap knock-off of Dreamland and Weird Park: Broken Tune to make a quick buck. Don't bother.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Nov 7, 11 10:27 AM
equusjoy wrote:After reading all the comments, I adjusted the contrast and light on my computer. I was able to see and click on 99% of the objects that way. I had to laugh at the vocabulary, it was a bit "different".

Saying that, I have to agree with everyone about the girl and her sister. Hello, when did they get separated and why? The walked in hand in hand, why didn't they come out that way? That bothered me for many reasons, it should have been in the story line somewhere, too.

I didn't have to use the WT, but I did give up after 30 minutes because of all the things you click on that you don't get to see. Just comments.............don't care for that very much.Plus my eyes are hurting. I wish the devs much luck in the future and hope they try again after reading all the comments posted everywhere.

Joy

My annoyance started when they left home without the soup for poor, sickly grandma.

mehebert
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by mehebert on Nov 7, 11 12:33 PM
Hi all,
I don't post very much, and I would like this game if the navigation were better and the scenes were a bit lighter. I played it for awhile then deleted it because I could barely see some items and had to follow the walkthrough to see where things were.

This game could have a lot of potential if the scenes were lighter, and they did a better job on the navigation.

No buy for me this time, sorry.

I like spooky games and mysterious ones but this one isn't for me, because of the above mentioned.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Nov 7, 11 12:50 PM
I love creepy amusement park games, but based on all the negative reviews, I don't think I will try this one and instead will wait for something better to use my coupon credits on. I was excited to see this game this morning, but the excitement was short lived. Too bad. Hope the developers take heed and do better next time.

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Nov 7, 11 2:30 PM
shorenuf wrote:
equusjoy wrote:After reading all the comments, I adjusted the contrast and light on my computer. I was able to see and click on 99% of the objects that way. I had to laugh at the vocabulary, it was a bit "different".

Joy

My annoyance started when they left home without the soup for poor, sickly grandma.

LOL............good point, I missed that one.

JOY

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Nov 7, 11 2:32 PM
(NOTE, I originally accidentally posted this in "reviews", thus reposting here in "comments", sorry).

The sicko developers need to get a clue.... it could have been spooky without this theme!

I played as far to the part where a young child is depicted hanging from the roller coaster by her hands upside down.... I DELETED THE GAME IMMEDIATELY and don't know if it was actually the lost girl or not. It doesn't matter because at the very least, it was implied.

Totally unacceptable... child abuse is NOT game worthy....neither is elder abuse (withholding the sick grandmother's meal for the night).

SIMPLY HORRIBLE!!!!

moonladydi
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,113 Posts

[Post New]by moonladydi on Nov 7, 11 3:23 PM
First we had Dreamland, then Weird Park, now this trash copy. Are there no original ideas with Developers anymore? The only thing missing is the car crash.

This game is so confusing. I hate wandering around trying to figure out what you have to do. The hanging child is a case in point. You have no idea how to reach her even though you have a ladder, or what needs doing to save her. Then you meet a spirit that says she'll help you save the child if you save her first by collecting various objects. More wandering around trying to locate the H0 scenes or puzzles to get the items for the Spirit. I had to skip every Puzzle as they were so frustrating. The piano is the worst, talk about Mad Simon! Kudos to anyone who can manage to complete it. The sound effects and the Custom cursor are horrible too.

I will have to be desperate if I ever buy this as a DD or COTW.

Tflo
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Tflo on Nov 7, 11 5:40 PM
Awful, Awful, AWFUL!!! From the horrible voice-overs to the stupid curser to the dark boring search for screws and o-rings...and seeing the tiny girl hanging upside down my her hands was not ok.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Nov 7, 11 6:33 PM
It was the waste of a pcc, as well as my time. I had hoped it would get more interesting, but searching for tiny, obscure bits and pieces of mundane objects was boring, and not any fun. This had the potential to be a good game, but didn't make it.

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Nov 7, 11 6:51 PM
moonladydi wrote:I had to skip every Puzzle as they were so frustrating. The piano is the worst, talk about Mad Simon! Kudos to anyone who can manage to complete it.

Actually, one of my pet peeves are games involving pianos that aren't musical. This mini-game actually had the correct relational tones for the notes, so I thought it was okay, even if some of us don't like the "Simon Says" style mini-games. The last "musical" game that I played (in the Dana Knightbridge game on Sunday) was not: the developers acted like a dotted half-note was the same as a half note, which was irritating. The worst mini-games are those that have incorrect tones for the relations shown on the keyboard, which make those mini-games nearly impossible for me!

[Post New]by madmary9 on Nov 7, 11 6:53 PM
Doesn't anyone at BF review the games that they offer? This one is awful.

[Post New]by TxRabbit on Nov 7, 11 8:55 PM
Well, aside from the games flaws, (there are many), the ending was a bit of a surprise. For some reason you wind up with the villain in a chamber with many predominate Stars of David. It's not overly offensive, but I could see how some Jewish people might consider this a bit anti-Semetic. I think this game was never really previewed by Big Fish. Just tossing this out there.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Nov 7, 11 11:07 PM
I have already played too many carnival themed games (don't like carnivals and circuses). I tried this because the graphics look good. Right at the start I had trouble using the curser. I had to try several times in order to finally pick up the baseball bat. I found no option to change the curser. I also could not figure out what on earth the curser was supposed to be. I soon discovered it was a feather. I never saw a feather like. I continued to have trouble with the curser and that combined with the carnival and the fact that something had happened to a little girl, I quit the Demo and removed it. No sale.

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Nov 8, 11 11:40 AM
I do not like this game at all, even though I really wanted to.

The graphics were okay, but the game was quite slow at times, the text dialogue did not make sense all of the time, one time I noticed the pop up window was covering the dialogue so I could not really make sense of it.

The H0 scenes were FROGs, they were very dark and it was hard to see a lot of the objects.

Not a buy for me.

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Nov 8, 11 11:41 AM
Welcome to the pond madmary9 and TxRabbit!

Edited on 11/08/2011 at 11:51:32 AM PST

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Nov 8, 11 12:01 PM
Despite all the negative reviews I had to try for myself. OMG It's all true. You can't see anything. I was looking for miniscule thumbtacks in one scene. At least that's what they seemed to be and when I got done got a crossing gate handle. One of the most ridiculous games I've ever tried. 15 minutes and I'm done. This won't even go on my DD list because I know I will never be able to finish it. I want to play a game I don't want to follow a walkthrough step by step.

Go to: