Ukiah
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

American Revolution book....poof?

[Post New]by Ukiah on Nov 7, 11 7:09 AM
I think my American Revolution book disappeared from my inventory. I think I remember picking it up in room 201 off the floor. I completed the puzzle in that room and I've been back there multiple times to find the book, but my cursor isn't picking anything up.

Am I just missing a step or did I encounter a glitch? I can't move forward without this book and I can't find it in room 201.

Ukiah

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Re:American Revolution book....poof?

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 7, 11 9:13 PM
I'm sorry you've run into that--I'm sure it's very fruatrating. Room 201 is the right location to collect that book, although it won't appear there until after you solve the mini-game in that room. At that point you have to talk to the man again, he will tell you to look under the Blanket on the floor, and you will be able to collect that BOOK and a piece of the Map.

Check your journal and see if you see a handrawn addition to the Map. If not, go back to room 201, complete the mini-game if you didn't already, and talk to the man.

If the handdrawn map is there, you should have collected the book. The next question is did you try scrolling through the inventory tray to make sure it's not in one of the other slots? You can end up picking up quite a few items in this game.

If you've tried scrolling the inventory tray and it's not there, go to the bookcase in the Patients' Common Area and see if you already put it on the shelf.

If none of those help, try exiting the game and rebooting the computer.

If it's still missing after that, you may need to get in touch with Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope in the right column of this page.

Ukiah
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

Re:American Revolution book....poof?

[Post New]by Ukiah on Nov 9, 11 6:50 AM
robin94122 wrote:I'm sorry you've run into that--I'm sure it's very fruatrating. Room 201 is the right location to collect that book, although it won't appear there until after you solve the mini-game in that room. At that point you have to talk to the man again, he will tell you to look under the Blanket on the floor, and you will be able to collect that BOOK and a piece of the Map.

Thanks, Robin. I could have sworn I clicked everywhere, including the blanket. But you were right, I missed the corner of the blanket where the book was.

Thanks!

Ukiah

Edited on 11/09/2011 at 6:51:51 AM PST

Go to: