The desk key

[Post New]by jonwendyo on Nov 7, 11 7:40 PM
I had the key. I went to unlock the desk and the key disappeared. Now, I do not have anything in the inventory and I cannot continue the game without the key. Now what?

bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

The desk key

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Nov 8, 11 4:50 AM
Hi jonwendyo,

Welcome to the Pond!

Have you tried these few steps below from the Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands Walkthrough? I'm copying the screenshot of the scene for you Here.

Zoom into the desk.

Unlock the desk with the DESK KEY to activate a Hidden Object Scene.

Find the items on the list.

Take the NAVIGATION DEVICE (Q) on the desk.

Click on the NEWSPAPER that appears on the screen (1).

So once you've unlocked the desk with your key, it should activate the Hidden Object Scene and you won't need this key for the next steps.

Hope this helps !

bfgKenai

jonwendyo wrote:I had the key. I went to unlock the desk and the key disappeared. Now, I do not have anything in the inventory and I cannot continue the game without the key. Now what?

Re:The desk key

[Post New]by mnance1948 on Nov 9, 11 8:25 PM
The same thing happened to me. As I went to unlock the desk, the key disappeared. It is NOT in the inventory and I cannot unlock the desk. I have no idea what to do; even if I start the game over again (I am loathe to do that), it could happend again.

thekisally
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by thekisally on Nov 10, 11 3:44 PM
same thing happened to us. But to add to the frustration, the moderators response, by bfgkenai, will not work. If you don't have the key any longer because it got lost somewhere with a malfunction with the game, then you CANNOT open the desk with a key you no longer have please respond with an answer on how to proceed with the game if the game took your key

thekisally
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by thekisally on Nov 10, 11 4:34 PM
same thing happened to us. But to add to the frustration, the moderators response, by bfgkenai, will not work. If you don't have the key any longer because it got lost somewhere with a malfunction with the game, then you CANNOT open the desk with a key you no longer have please respond with an answer on how to proceed with the game if the game took your key

thekisally
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by thekisally on Nov 11, 11 11:57 AM

[Post New]by patcarnahan on Nov 15, 11 7:57 AM
I LOST THE DESK KEY, HOW DO i CONTINUE?

[Post New]by CaptKirk5 on Nov 19, 11 4:28 PM
Help! There is a bug in this game that requires a fix. I also lost the key and cannot open the desk. To recap, I set the trap and left that room. When I returned, the key was by the side of the trap. I picked up the key. I returned to the room with the desk. I think that key was in my inventory but somehow was lost when I went to use it on the desk lock. I returned the the trap scene and noticed that the "creature" had chewed its way out of the trap and had returned to the hole and the key was missing. I cut the power to my computer hoping that the game would not save. It did and I am in the same mess as everybody else with this problem - restart the game and hope that the bug does not reappear. One thing that I would do for sure is save the game just before I set up the trap. Moderator bfgkenai please address our concerns!

[Post New]by Mondogirl on Nov 20, 11 4:13 PM
I can add my name to those whose key was lost. As explained by others it was there after picking up from beside trap, when I went back to the room with the desk,the key was not in inventory. Thanks for any help.

Ninny
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

The desk key

[Post New]by Ninny on Nov 27, 11 4:14 PM
i also lost my key. what do we do?

bfgKenai wrote:Hi jonwendyo,

Welcome to the Pond!

Have you tried these few steps below from the <a href="http://bigfi.sh/tU9EMj">Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands Walkthrough</a>? I'm copying the screenshot of the scene for you <a href=http://blog-assets.bigfishgames.com/Walkthroughs/Hidden-Expedition-The-Uncharted-Islands/hidden-expedition-the-uncharted-islands058.jpg>Here</a>.

Zoom into the desk.

Unlock the desk with the DESK KEY to activate a Hidden Object Scene.

Find the items on the list.

Take the NAVIGATION DEVICE (Q) on the desk.

Click on the NEWSPAPER that appears on the screen (1).

So once you've unlocked the desk with your key, it should activate the Hidden Object Scene and you won't need this key for the next steps.

Hope this helps !

bfgKenai

jonwendyo wrote:I had the key. I went to unlock the desk and the key disappeared. Now, I do not have anything in the inventory and I cannot continue the game without the key. Now what?

[Post New]by jonwendyo on Dec 15, 11 7:26 PM
The Big Fish reply does not work. I hadt to just restart the game and be careful the next time through.

[Post New]by BFG_HOG_addict on Jan 30, 12 6:59 PM
I don't think it is acceptable that a bug like this is not fixed. I have almost 100 BFG games and I have never had problems before this. Add to that the number of times this is happening to others and those are only the people that are posting. I'm annoyed enough to say that this makes me question BFG Quality Control and how responsive Customer Service is to complaints. Do they wait until enough members complain? What does it mean when they claim and I quote, "We quality-test all of our games" and then keep selling a game that has known flaws?

I'm not inclined to start the game over and risk this happening again. I don't ask for much but I like what I pay for and that is a game that actually works. I'll think long and hard before buying another Hidden Expedition game. This experience has tainted the franchise for me a bit.

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Mar 3, 12 9:56 PM
I agree 100% with BFG_HOG_addict. They refuse to admit that there is a glitch. If you complain enough and jump through all their hoops - like running Dr. Felix reports, updating all your drivers, and dealing with all their red tape - they will give you a coupon for a free game. But I wanted to play THIS game. The game is full of glitches that make it unplayable no matter how up-to-date the user's system is. But BFG refuses to make any effort to fix the glitches. That's not quality control and that's not good customer service. Another experience like this and I'll be searching for a new game portal.

[Post New]by wesler6 on May 10, 12 4:32 PM
I agree that it is not acceptable for BFG to not fix this problem. Ok, "zoom into desk" blah blah.. same response. Give us a solution that actually WORKS! Either that credit me a new game or give me my money back! I am a paying customer and I do not appreciate having a faulty, malfunctioning game. It is a waste of time and money. I play games for enjoyment and I am very frustrated that I got so far for the game to glitch up and I can go no further. Please fix this problem or I will be inclined to spend my money elsewhere.

The MISSING desk key

[Post New]by Ladybug02 on Jan 8, 13 6:30 PM
I had the desk key in inventory but when I went to use it on the desk it was NO longer in my inventory. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DESK KEY!! Where did it go? How am I to unlock the desk without the key? How am I to continue the game? Is there a solution to this matter? Moderators please help... I'm drowning here... glub.. gasp... glub...

[Post New]by bonnieallmine on Oct 23, 13 11:39 AM
Did this moderator not read the message? I have had the same problem with the key. It disappeared. Did the moderator not read all the follow up posts? This is the second glitch in this game. I ran into another one with the bolts on a machine towards the end, and it turned out I had to start all over. I have made it all the way through once, but am not going to start over again to get to the key!

[Post New]by onlyfurkids on Nov 10, 13 8:16 AM
This glitch is still occurring. I had the key and it disappeared. I can't open the desk because I have no key. There's no way to recover it? I see I'm not the only one with the mysterious disappearing key. And the only way to fix it is to restart the game?

Go to: