cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 8 November 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Nov 8, 11 12:01 AM
Any comments fishes?

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

Re:Todays DD 8 November 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by BearKat on Nov 8, 11 1:33 AM
After reading the older reviews and realizing this game has a timer without an option to turn it off this is a NO TRY for me. I like M3s but I don't like timers. I realize that a lot of fishies do and I wish them joy in the challenge but when I play I like to be relaxed, not tensed up! Sorry , and Devs please put the the option of an untimed mode in more M3s.
Happy Gaming All
BK

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Nov 8, 11 2:03 AM
Same here. I was actually downloading it and reading reviews at the same time. So I cancelled the download without bothering to try it.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Nov 8, 11 2:16 AM
*sigh* while I normally will not buy with a timer.. I LOVE this type of M3. After playing Cave Quest I was dying for a game like it and thus began my love of M3s too, but there are not many like these. Another fish PM'd me and recommended I give it a try.. well its been on my list to buy only as a DD and I've been waiting for a long time lol. I was to see it finally as one! I think its worth the price..if you like M3s.. and esp if you d Cave Quest, or timers don't bother you, then at least give it a demo! Someone posted that if you exit before the time runs out you'll only have to redo that level, instead of starting over and it can be finished, so I'm willing to try.

Instant buy for me..I'll prolly pull my hair out in the last levels lol so I'll give it 3 1/2 s only for the no non-timer option. For 2.99 I'm willing to deal with that, only cuz I love the game play/style. Hope to see more like it with NO TIMERS!

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Nov 8, 11 4:38 AM
This is a good, what I call "pathway" M3. It is one the first ever games I bought from Big Fish. I like having a timer and it is very generous. (I personally can't see the point of an M3 without a timer - rather like a time management without a timer!! - but this is personal to me.) You have to collect bridges to cross gaps, machetes to cut through vines, keys to open locks etc. The music is awful though.

Excellent for a DD - M3 lovers should snap it up.

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Nov 8, 11 5:19 AM
I like timers, so I hope they're not done away with! I think the best games have options for both because it adds to the replay value.

I'm playing Cave Quest in relaxed and am enjoying it, I'll be playing it with the timer next time. This one looks so much like Cave Quest I have to give it a try.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Nov 8, 11 6:25 AM
Since this is an older game, did not expect to see a timer option.
But some of us have visual and/or physical problems and it's
nice that recently most developers are including an option for
us. I don't think they should ever eliminate the timer tho'.
Back when I could cope with it, it was very much part of
the challenge of the game.

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Nov 8, 11 7:07 AM
The cursor is very clunky and slow to respond. I am going to finish the trial, but won't buy just because it is such an awkward game for me.

[Post New]by calpalbob on Nov 8, 11 10:07 AM
This is a no buy for me. The timer is ruining a nice game. I'll play out the trial time and then delete this game. I have a heart condition and don't want to drop dead trying to beat the timer.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Nov 8, 11 10:27 AM
I wish the screen were more open. Everything was on the right. I really like it to show more.

Peace1369
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by Peace1369 on Nov 8, 11 1:35 PM
Afraid the thing I wish all developers would include in the game is not only the timed and untimed versions but also the option to turn of their custom cursors. I detest the things and for the most part will not buy a game that has them. This game plays better then most but I am just uncomfortable with them. To me for the most part they just move clumsily and jerky. I almost bought this without doing the trial just because it was a match3 but after playing it I decided I will pass for now.

RickF
Minnow
Minnow
201 Posts

[Post New]by RickF on Nov 8, 11 1:42 PM
I don’t mind the timer, what I do not like is a limit on the number of lives.
Had I known this I would have never purchased this game. I reached the final level and did not finish in time (on a few levels) and it tells me “Game Over”. I have the option of restarting the level but you lose all your power ups, and in the later stages of the game you cannot beat some levels without using the power-ups.

Edited because I can't spell

Edited on 11/08/2011 at 1:46:22 PM PST

hookt
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by hookt on Nov 8, 11 4:33 PM
You might like Lamp of Aladdin. It's by the same developer as Tibet Quest, but offers the option of Timed or Relaxed mode when you sign in as a player. The game play is very similar to this one and BFG has it. I don't buy too many Match 3 games, but I like (and bought) Lamp of Aladdin.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Nov 8, 11 4:38 PM
I tried this game because someone earlier in this thread said it was like Cave Quest. I really enjoy playing Cave Quest but I would not like it if it had a timer. I'm only on level one four or five in Tibet Quest and I can see that the timer is going to be a big problem for me. For the most part I can't seem to figure out which direction has to be cleared in order to get the woman to move ahead. By the time I get through a screen, half of my time is gone. This is the reason I only play Match Three games with no timer. I gave up on these years ago. Cave Quest is the game that got me back into playing Match Three games. Since then I've played other untimed Match Threes and enjoy playing every one of them.

It's a shame this game is timed because the game is so much fun to play. I like the machetes to cut bushes and building bridges. And the way the woman chitters at the end of the level is too cute.

I wish the game was untimed. It's a good, fun game.

I give this game

Edited on 11/08/2011 at 5:06:33 PM PST

Floraws
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by Floraws on Jul 1, 12 9:58 AM
DEfinitely a no buy. I hate lives and I hate timers... so it is a no-no. Pity, cause otherwise it would be a fantastic game.

Go to: