bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Red Crow Mysteries: Legion

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Nov 9, 11 12:14 AM
Hey fishies!

What did you think of Red Crow Mysteries: Legion? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, and now you can post them right from the game page! For more information about our Game Reviews, please click here.

Once you’ve submitted your review, please feel free to come back and re-post your thoughts in this thread. Remember, a lot of people who will be reading these reviews haven’t played this game yet, so if you’re posting any spoilers, please be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post. You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game, you can create a new discussion in the game forum. And if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

Edited on 11/14/2011 at 2:36:41 PM PST

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

Re:Reviews for Red Crow Mysteries: Legion

[Post New]by Nilosh on Nov 9, 11 12:30 AM
Looks like I'm the first one here.....Downloading it as I write and looking forward to spending the MANY club credits that I still have on hand. I still think we should be able to spend them on CEs as there is not much else to buy. Interesting storyline and will be back for review. Cheers everyone

Rose151
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by Rose151 on Nov 9, 11 12:35 AM
Looks like a good one to me. Graphics are a tiny bit muddy, but they aren't too bad if one looks carefully. There are many options on how you can play the game and that is always a plus in my book. I'll finish out the demo, but unless something goes terribly wrong it will be a buy for sure.

gma5
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by gma5 on Nov 9, 11 12:37 AM
You're not alone! I've played just few min. and I'm stuck! I've gotten out of the first room, but haven't opened the drawer! In the 2nd room, collected aa couple of things, but then I got stuck. Help!!!

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Nov 9, 11 12:53 AM
This game needs a walkthrough. Stuck on the drawer. Have a picture, a piece of paper with code of some kind and a bullet. Can someone help.

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Nov 9, 11 12:56 AM
Hi everyone!

My name is Ivan and I'm the executive producer in Cateia Games - the developer behind Red Crow Mysteries: Legion.
It's already our tradition to come to this forum and chat with players. Also, I'm here to answer your questions and help / assist you if I can.

@gma5 - I see you are stuck. Perhaps I can help you with that if you let me know where exactly

Looking forward to talk to you and hear your comments and suggestions on possible improvements for our next game.
And of course, I hope that you'll like Red Crow Mysteries: Legion

best,
Ivan

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Nov 9, 11 12:59 AM
tuttepeever wrote:This game needs a walkthrough. Stuck on the drawer. Have a picture, a piece of paper with code of some kind and a bullet. Can someone help.

You need to insert the round key (picture of a angel) into the drawer. Then you can play the minigame to unlock the drawer.
The piece of paper is the hint to help you solve the puzzle. In fact, the mechanism on the drawer is a clock - numbers on the paper indicate the order you need to click on hours - for example: 14 = 1 (this means that 14h / 2pm is the first step - first click), etc.

hope this helps.

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Nov 9, 11 12:59 AM
This game is trying hard!
It is a puzzle adventure that has achievements, which I like, but the graphics are a bit clunky and it its hard to figure out what you are supposed to be doing. I started on hardest mode but you can change that within game play.
It may be a bit buggy - I only had 2 out of 3 parts for a puzzle and had an interactive help bubble on my screen and wondered if I could put the parts I had into the puzzle - some games let you some don't. It let me and then I could do the puzzle as If I had found all 3 parts!
But now I'm still wandering round with the help bubble still on my screen - can't get rid of it and it makes it harder to find things!
I think you could get into the game as you go....

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Nov 9, 11 1:03 AM
Ivanbral - good to hear from you, and we always appreciate it when the devs come and contribute to the forums - but please, if you are giving hints could you do it in a private message, or else blank it out and mark it SPOILER. Most of us would like to have a go at solving puzzles for ourselves before getting help!

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Nov 9, 11 1:04 AM
I established a comments thread because I got stuck early on in the game, and I think that these posts all more rightfully belong in a comments thread than in a review thread. Just MHO. But I do hope Cateia games follows the comments thread as well.

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on Nov 9, 11 1:05 AM
This game does have many options to appeal to most fishes. I didn't find the hint helpful when I was stuck and the recharge timing is also optional. Using objects from the inventory is different but one gets used to it. I found I needed the tutorial for me to progress which I rarely use but in this game I was immediately lost. I've the magnified areas difficult to find but maybe that is just me. I like this game but I'm wondering if it's worth the aggravation!!

adrienne1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by adrienne1 on Nov 9, 11 1:05 AM
Nilosh wrote:Looks like I'm the first one here.....Downloading it as I write and looking forward to spending the MANY club credits that I still have on hand. I still think we should be able to spend them on CEs as there is not much else to buy. Interesting storyline and will be back for review. Cheers everyone

I thought 2 club credits could be used to buy a CE. I may be wrong but it may be worth checking on this

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Nov 9, 11 1:08 AM
After the first 30 minutes I am definitely buying. I got stuck at the first puzzle and wished there was some more explanation because instruction for puzzle was a bit vague. Nevertheless I blamed it for not having my morning coffee yet and finally after 15 minutes I solved it and that was the clincher for me and I immediate pressed the buy button. The game is dark and while the graphics are a bit grainy, it seemed to suit the overall ambiance. SO far the story begins with our female hero waking up in her room. Yes we have been there and done that many times before. However the storyline from what I have read is right up my alley. Perhaps it will not be to everyone's liking. The music did not bother me, creepy and I kept it low. From what I can tell it is a IHOG although in the first 30 minutes of the game, I did not come across any HOS. It seems that there are alot of puzzles and I love puzzles. So far had no problems with gameplay which is a good sign. It seems to be interactive adventure game which I alos love. What really made me buy this was two things: it has three modes to play, and there are achievments. I love when developers add this because it gives me replay value. Thank you BFG, so far so good and I get to spend a club credit on this. First time this week. Wish I had more to say but as I have just started, I will save this gem for tonight. Have a great day.

joray2
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by joray2 on Nov 9, 11 1:11 AM
Nice having the game developer here to help you. I'm not having a hard time getting around or finding the tools I need to help me to do so. However,I am finding the mini games a wee bit to hard. Did not care for the mini game where you have to raise the water level. Boring! All all,nice game. Will buy. The options that are with this game are great. Other game devs could learn a thing or two from this one! Thanks for taking the time to help,it shows you care about what the little fishies have to say!

Edited on 11/09/2011 at 1:43:38 AM PST

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Nov 9, 11 1:12 AM
@ Adrienne1

They can if they are the monthly credits - I did this last month - when you go into purchase it just takes two credits instead of one.

i suspect the credits referred to here, however, are punchcard reward codes which cannot be used for CE's.

Hope this helps.
Happy gaming
BellaD

Edited on 11/09/2011 at 1:14:03 AM PST

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Nov 9, 11 1:13 AM
adrienne1 wrote:
Nilosh wrote:Looks like I'm the first one here.....Downloading it as I write and looking forward to spending the MANY club credits that I still have on hand. I still think we should be able to spend them on CEs as there is not much else to buy. Interesting storyline and will be back for review. Cheers everyone

I thought 2 club credits could be used to buy a CE. I may be wrong but it may be worth checking on this

Sorry I meant punch card rewards of which I have many LOL

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Nov 9, 11 1:14 AM
I love this game! First, I have to say Ivan, you have done an exellent job with the options menu. This is so important to me. The different modes of play/sounds/widescreen/sparkles/ect. I love this game! The story and overall play is great. Lot's of puzzles and a good story to boot. The graphics could be a little sharper,and brighter, but overall it's a great game. Haven't seen a quality SE like game in a long time. This is a definite buy for me. Thank you Ivan for the options you have provided in this game. Finally a developer who listens and shows up in the fourms to hear what we think and want.

Great job Ivan! Thank you!

I rate this game: "FINE SWINE"

My "Terms" for Hogs,IHogs,Frogs & Other types of games.

FINE SWINE:
Great game with the best graphics and story. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.

PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog, Frog ,Ihog, Adventure. For true lover's of these types of games

PORK BELLY:
Maybe a likable game for some, but not for everyone. It’s just mediocre.

TROTTER:
Pig's foot, don't run away with this pig’s foot. lol

PIG DOWN:
Rolling in the mudd, don't go near it or you'll get soiled.
‘ ‘
(o)

Edited on 11/09/2011 at 1:18:54 AM PST

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Nov 9, 11 1:14 AM
ivanbral wrote:
tuttepeever wrote:This game needs a walkthrough. Stuck on the drawer. Have a picture, a piece of paper with code of some kind and a bullet. Can someone help.

You need to insert the round key (picture of a angel) into the drawer. Then you can play the minigame to unlock the drawer.
The piece of paper is the hint to help you solve the puzzle. In fact, the mechanism on the drawer is a clock - numbers on the paper indicate the order you need to click on hours - for example: 14 = 1 (this means that 14h / 2pm is the first step - first click), etc.

hope this helps.

I already inserted a picture of an angel in the picture frame next to the door. The second picture is exactly the same so can't use it and I can't use it on the lock.

How about a walkthrough for those of who are a little short of grey matter. I usually have no problems.

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Nov 9, 11 1:16 AM
ivanbral wrote:Hi everyone!

My name is Ivan and I'm the executive producer in Cateia Games - the developer behind Red Crow Mysteries: Legion.
It's already our tradition to come to this forum and chat with players. Also, I'm here to answer your questions and help / assist you if I can.

@gma5 - I see you are stuck. Perhaps I can help you with that if you let me know where exactly

Looking forward to talk to you and hear your comments and suggestions on possible improvements for our next game.
And of course, I hope that you'll like Red Crow Mysteries: Legion

best,
Ivan

Thank you for being here and congrats, so far really am enjoying myself. It had the challenge that I so missed for some time. I just think that instructions on solving puzzzles could be a it more clearer but that just added to my own pleasure. Thank you again.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Nov 9, 11 1:21 AM
ivanbral wrote:

hope this helps.

I have the paper with hint for the lock but I can't use it on the lock nor do I have anyway of reading it. Help.

Go to: