Comments for Red Crow

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

Comments for Red Crow

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Nov 9, 11 12:50 AM
I give up: I have played for five minutes and was supposed to get the pearls aligned, which they seemed to be--I checked all colors several times, but no door opened. I'm going to bed and will see what people say tomorrow.

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

Re:Comments for Red Crow

[Post New]by ivanbral on Nov 9, 11 1:09 AM
There should be 4 combinations that will unlock the door (since there are 4 colors to match). Each of the combinations should unlock the door.
Perhaps you can try to match them again just to make sure? Let us know if you made it!

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Nov 9, 11 1:16 AM
Hi ivanbral,
I mentioned this in the review thread but I have found a bug. I played the angel picture jigsaw with only 2 pieces found and now have the interactive help mini screen still there. I can't click it away and it means i cant see the whole scene.
Just wanted to let you know.
I think the achievements are great and being able to change difficulty within the game is good too.
I'll definitely be playing more - with a new profile!

Thanks

slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by slepless777 on Nov 9, 11 1:25 AM
Really cool game. The graphics kinda suck, tho. Like it's an older game or something. Anyhoo, I had tons of fun figuring things out during the demo in adventure mode, so I went ahead and bought it. Lots of puzzles, not too hard. Seems like there's tons of stuff to do. If only the graphics were better quality this would be an awesome game.

gma5
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by gma5 on Nov 9, 11 1:36 AM
Ivan, I have both angels and they came as identical painting pieces. I've tried both on the drawer and got "you can't do that" and only one will work at top of painting! What am I doing wrong?

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 9, 11 1:37 AM
It is really fun. If you liked Tales From the Dragon Mtn - The Stryx, then you will like this one. Same devs and very similar game play. I am enjoying it. I didn't have any trouble with that door puzzle Lucy but I hit a little hiccup (game error) at another point and when I exited out of the game and then went back in, it had sorted itself out. Maybe this will work for you as well. Good luck with that! Oh, btw, I checked Cateia's website and they have another game coming out in March (Where the Angels Cry) and also Tales From the Dragon Mtn. Part 2 is coming next summer. These devs are quite busy and I really like the style of their games. I am happy they are poised to give us more - and SE games too!! Ya gotta love 'em!

ETA: @slepless Are you sure that your graphics card is up to date? Just wondering because the graphics look good on my system. You may want to check just to be sure you have the latest drivers, etc.

Edited on 11/09/2011 at 1:40:19 AM PST

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Nov 9, 11 1:40 AM
@GMA5 - have you tried rotating the pieces? It took me a little bit to figure it out, but once I managed to get a couple of pieces in the right place (they go greyer and stay put), it became easier to work out the rest

Jen

slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by slepless777 on Nov 9, 11 1:48 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:It is really fun. If you liked Tales From the Dragon Mtn - The Stryx, then you will like this one. Same devs and very similar game play. I am enjoying it. I didn't have any trouble with that door puzzle Lucy but I hit a little hiccup (game error) at another point and when I exited out of the game and then went back in, it had sorted itself out. Maybe this will work for you as well. Good luck with that! Oh, btw, I checked Cateia's website and they have another game coming out in March (Where the Angels Cry) and also Tales From the Dragon Mtn. Part 2 is coming next summer. These devs are quite busy and I really like the style of their games. I am happy they are poised to give us more - and SE games too!! Ya gotta love 'em!

ETA: @slepless Are you sure that your graphics card is up to date? Just wondering because the graphics look good on my system. You may want to check just to be sure you have the latest drivers, etc.

Oh, the graphics look fine on my system. Maybe I should clarify that it's the style of graphics I find outdated. They just seem old school to me. But then again, I spent the last few days replaying the last 3 MCF games and I guess I got used to that style of graphics, I dunno.

gma5
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by gma5 on Nov 9, 11 1:50 AM
Jen, Are you talking about the drawer? I can't rotate the angel "painting piece" that's left to use on the drawer.

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Nov 9, 11 1:54 AM
I really like this game, it is very challenging. I am playing on adventure mode. I think the music could have been better though. I will wait to see the length of the game first though, before I buy.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Nov 9, 11 2:01 AM
@ gma5 - Sorry, I thought you meant the painting (?) by the door

That round angel thingy, I tried very hard to work that one out, but could only get it to swing from 2 to 12 and back again, so I'm not really sure what I was supposed to do - in the end I skipped

Think I'm gunna need a walkthrough to play this game, lol.

Jen

WPat651044
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by WPat651044 on Nov 9, 11 2:24 AM
I am really going to need a walkthrough for this. I like it but I find some things about a little old, back in the 90's when this all started with the HOS. We all lived with it then and sometimes we could progress and sometimes not. I guess we are spoiled with the walkthroughs but we all love them. I wanted to buy this game and still will if later today I can work out some things. The gas can is empty and I assume I need to fill it up.

violetsue
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by violetsue on Nov 9, 11 2:55 AM
This is a ponderous, slow, lumbering game. Bleh

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 9, 11 3:21 AM
I am surprised at the amount of peeps who seem to like the graphics of this game. To me they looked very old-fashioned and look the same as some of the games that have been sold here and where the graphics have been ridiculed by most.

I also find the custom cursor somewhat heavy-handed, but is needed so I can see the change, which doesn't appear in the system cursor.

I also found the game lacking information. For example, I was supposed to find a horn and a key. I found a horn, but knew that I needed to find another horn. However, there were no sparkles or pointers anywhere that would show me the way. (I had the sparkles ticked). In fact I never got any sparkes at all. I was more or less blindly searching through the rooms, not really knowing what I was looking for most of the time.

And on top of the old-fashioned graphics (which I didn't like at all), the feel of the game was also that of an old-fashioned adventure game, rather than an IHOGA (interactive hidden object adventure game).

All in all, I didn't like this game, and wouldn't even consider buying it as a DD. But that's just how I feel about this game. Looking at the reviews thread, I seem to be the only person there who didn't care for this game.

Marg2
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Marg2 on Nov 9, 11 7:24 AM
Good graphics in a ****/Adventure game are very important to me. The computer generated graphics in this game are completely devoid of attention to detail. In fact, it appears that the missing details are “covered” up by fuzziness and even all over smudging. A shame because I really liked the game play, just not enough to overcome the graphics.

I encountered one bug: After completing the golden flowers puzzle, the message that three additional golden flowers are needed stayed on even after exiting and restarting the game.

Conclusion after about 20 minutes of play - this game is a NO BUY for me.

bbeaver1946
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bbeaver1946 on Nov 9, 11 8:02 AM
I made the paint, except for the gold. I didn't have the gold heart. but now that I have it, I can't get back to the paint buckets? Is this a bug? Will I have to start over?

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Nov 9, 11 8:41 AM
Not the best of reasons to not buy a game, but the developer's
idea of a walkthrough leaves a lot to be desired. When I got
stuck on a mini, the WT stated: "After you solve the puzzle"
Well, if I could have solved it, I wouldn't be in the walkthrough!
No explanation on how to solve, not even a screenshot showing
its solution. I try to use WT as little as possible, but I usually
need them at least once or twice.

Without a WT done by one of our awesome fishie writers,
this does become a no buy.

Edit for spelling.

Edited on 11/09/2011 at 9:23:13 AM PST

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Nov 9, 11 10:46 AM
no buy for me..you are more or less on your own in this game to try and figure out where you are to go next. got as far as the car and kept returning back inside the house..do not like this game..

moonladydi
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,113 Posts

[Post New]by moonladydi on Nov 9, 11 12:14 PM
Warning, this game includes a Simon puzzle! It's not one of the easy ones that you only repeat 3 times to get your tool. It has NINE sequences! Nearly impossible, and way to much work to be fun. Some of the other puzzles are pretty horrendous too, and it seems pointless to have to skip so many. Very disappointing.

[Post New]by Underthebridge on Nov 9, 11 2:11 PM
Yes...this game is okay...I am used to playing more **** games than this so was kind of disappointed, but I know that they can't please everybody...I did like the adventure part though. not sure if it is worth 6.99 may wait til it goes down a bit....

Go to: