bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Talk with the developers of Red Crow Mysteries: Legion here!

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 9, 11 9:35 AM
Hey Fishies!

This is your space to post game questions for the K.I.D.d.o.o. Games developers who created Red Crow Mysteries: Legion. You can use this thread for game tips, questions and discussions about the game, and general questions or suggestions for the developers!

Let's avoid discussing tech issues in this thread and post those questions in the official technical issues discussion. Just click here to go there now.

Happy gaming everyone!

-bfgArnoStyx

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Re:Talk with the developers of Red Crow Mysteries: Legion here!

[Post New]by textrekkie on Nov 9, 11 9:40 AM
Here are some of my thoughts about the game from my review of the demo.

I'm a little puzzled (litterally) up front, because I don't have any idea what is going on with the story. Why am I trying to find my mother in the first place? If this isn't my house, then where am I? Without anything to draw me into the game, I'm just not there. Like I said, it could be that I just don't have the time today. But I can see the potential. The graphcis are okay on the closeups, and scenery, but not so much on the furniture and walls, etc.

All in all, I think the storyline needs to be developed and out there faster. The graphics need work as they appear much too blocky in some scenes; the puzzles encountered in the first 30 minutes of the game seemed so random - why do I have to find a knife, cut a chair to find a puzzle piece, solve a puzzle and shoot a lock off a door, just to go to another room? It's too much. And the option screen - really needs some explanation...I can appreciate all the choices - but what are they for - what do they do - LOL!

I do see many improvements though over the previous games and I'm really excited and looking forward to more games from Cateia, because I really think they are a growing contender in the market.

Edited on 11/09/2011 at 2:34:52 PM PST

christaruth
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by christaruth on Nov 9, 11 9:43 AM
WE CAN'T FIND THE BLUE BUTTON BECAUSE THE STYONE IS EMPTY. cAN YOU TELL US WHERE IT IS. THANK-YOU

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Nov 9, 11 9:58 AM
Why are the Achievement Button showing either as 100%, 66% etc completed when I haven't even started to play the game?

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Nov 9, 11 10:02 AM
I'm quite enjoying the game.....I don't usually follow the story-line too closely.The game is challenging,but isn't that what we are always asking for ? Remember "Tearstone"
I'm not comparing the two games,but "Legion" has that little bit of a challenge.
As well as that,it's a SE
As soon as a walkthrough is posted I foresee this game becoming more and more popular.

All this of course is just MHO.

Edited on 11/09/2011 at 10:48:11 PM PST

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by tishythree on Nov 9, 11 10:15 AM
i have deleted and re downloaded this game but the problem with the lions is still there so has not been fixed yet i find this totally unacceptable the game should have been checked thoriughly before release sorry but i am asking for a refund

WPat651044
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by WPat651044 on Nov 9, 11 10:46 AM
I deleted and redownloaded the game and the help screen disappeared. I also bought this game with a credit. I might like it after all. It is different. I guess the walkthrough helped in that decision. It is different especially understanding what this game is all about. I am still playing but I wanted you to know it wasn't as bad as I thought at first.

souly
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by souly on Nov 9, 11 10:54 AM
I like this game it is more of a challange, and I also like the esoteric story and its symbolisms.

moonladydi
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,113 Posts

[Post New]by moonladydi on Nov 9, 11 11:43 AM
An interactive Map would be helpful, so you can jump back to sites you need to revisit instead of all that wandering around. Also a fast forward for the dialogue is a good idea. I read faster than they talk, but don't want to skip the cutscenes completely. I didn't have a problem with the Lions, but had other technical issues which I will post in that thread.

On the whole, the game seems jumpy and unfinished. Maybe it should have been Beta tested longer.

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Nov 9, 11 11:47 AM
Hi everyone!

my name is Ivan and I'm the producer in Cateia Games - the developer behind Red Crow Mysteries: Legion.

I wanted to thank you for your comments / suggestions. We are always interested to hear both positive and negative criticism. This way we can work on improvements for our next game.

In RCM: Legion we tried to offer the similar gameplay as in Tales from the Dragon Mountain: The Strix (our previous HOPA game). We received some good suggestions for this game few months ago and we tried to fix those things in this new game.

anyway - as always, it's good to be here and read your comments. Keep them coming! I'll stay around the forum for few days.

best,
Ivan

christaruth
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by christaruth on Nov 9, 11 12:14 PM
HOW DO WE BEAT THE DRAGON PUZZLE. THERE IS NOTHING TO HELP SOLVE IT ON WALKTHROUGH.

WPat651044
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by WPat651044 on Nov 9, 11 12:32 PM
I have run into one problem. Where you use the mirror to make the colors the same as in the mirror, I did that. The walkthrough says to read your mother's letter when that is finished. I did that but no letter appeared. I think I'm stuck now.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 9, 11 12:46 PM
Hello folks,

Just wanted to pop in to remind everyone to please avoid technical questions and comments. If you have any issues you'd like to report, please do so in the tech issues thread or please get in touch with our Tech Support team. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Beingknown
Salmon
Salmon
2,670 Posts

[Post New]by Beingknown on Nov 9, 11 1:15 PM

I love this game. Thank-you developers. It is so refreshing to have an actual adventure game.

The entertainment in "Red Crow Mysteries: Legion" includes discovering what actions are necessary to progress, and which puzzles one must discover clues to, or need to find objects for. For me, (playing on expert mode), the puzzles are enjoyably challenging, without being at all frustrating. It’s such a pleasure to me that I needed to use my mind and figure things out.

I really love games like this one, where I may come to a point at which I realize that I need to retrace my steps and notice what I may have missed.

Like others have mentioned, my eyes are also “old”, but I found the objects easily visible, with careful attention to detail. I enjoy the graphics, enjoy the game-play, enjoy the puzzles and enjoy the mini-games! Even the soundtrack is good (a feature that often annoys me).

I’d say this is a well done game that is interesting, entertaining and a refreshing return to adventure gaming. I highly recommend it.

When it comes to gaming there are no absolutes. It's really a matter of personal gaming tastes and preferences. At least give the demo of this one a try.

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by netnanna on Nov 9, 11 1:41 PM
A well thought out game!! What a huge choice of settings, that will certainly make the game very re-playable. OK, so the graphics were a bit grainy, but certainly not enough to turn one off playing, in fact, I got used to them very quickly. Music was pleasant and unobtrusive. Puzzles were an absolute delight, and so many of them! I would have liked the hint button to charge faster, so will change the setting when I buy, which I'm off to do now! The mum's voice acting was A1, hope the actress get's many more parts in future.
And thank you for caring enough to join the forum, may the force(of us wee fishies) be with you!!
I have just bought the game and was delighted to find that I didn't have to download more files, just activate the game, a real pleasure for me on limited download. Also, one of the few games I've managed to download without using "Safe Mode".

Edited on 11/09/2011 at 2:45:12 PM PST

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Nov 9, 11 2:13 PM
Well I can see by some of comments that are problems with this game and I am one that believes that the developer didn't take time to get the bugs out. I had to reload the game & try four times before some the scenes would work.

The Lions need 3 things the hearts; the vials of color and & receipe. Then you go to the table & follow the receipe to get the different colors of lion. Put the lions on petsdal by the window.

!. Poker is what you say looks more like dustpan.

2. Sanke is spell like that it is snake.

Can you please more careful and get the english right for the items and spelling should be check by some who can spell.

Edited on 11/09/2011 at 3:56:47 PM PST

ticks
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by ticks on Nov 9, 11 2:17 PM
Red, silver & gold lions.

I'm stuck. I placed the red and silver lions on the pedestal before I found the yellow heart.

Now I have a yellow heart and a unpainted lion. I am not able to access the paint buckets any longer.

What am I supposed to do now?

HELP! thanks

Sforet71
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Sforet71 on Nov 9, 11 2:34 PM
I thought the story line made no sense what so ever, guess I'll go back and replay the whole thing. The puzzles was fun but not much of a hidden object game in my opinion. Also I didn't really get stuck much and figured out what needed to be done fairly quickly so this game seem to be way to short IMO. Overall I enjoyed it because of the puzzles that made it somewhat a challenge.

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Nov 9, 11 2:41 PM
I really enjoyed this game and will look forward to the sequel (which I assume there will be one). I enjoyed the many puzzles, some were a challenge (due to vague instructions) and some were very easy which gives a nie mixture. WOuld like to have seen some interactive HOS which would attract gamers who enjoy the genre. I myself love adventure games and I found the storyline could have been more interesting as the game continued. My only complaints are with the shortness of the game (alas we all wish for longer gameplay) and with the roses. I for the life of me could not find all the rose (only 17) and I did not understand the hidden ones that are listed in the achievements. I apparently found one hidden and 7 roses from the garden which was at 33% Are there more??? There are three achievements pertaining to the roses, could you explain them please. I really do think that achievements and different game modes are a great asset, now I will play the adventure mode to see if I can get all the achievments. (Unfortunately your walk through does not point out the locations of the roses nor does it give you puzzle solutions). Thank you again and congrats on your new game. Will look forward to the next one. CHeers.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Nov 9, 11 3:23 PM
I am totally thrilled to play this style of game. And very happy not to have any darned **** scenes!! It really gets tiring wading thru all that junk just to get one thing! I have run into the lion glitch but will wait for a fix (or start over). Glad to see the return of the true adventure/puzzle style.

Go to: