bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Hallowed Legends: Templar Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Nov 10, 11 12:11 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

hogluv
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Trial over and haven't even played it?

[Post New]by hogluv on Nov 10, 11 6:18 AM
I d/l the game, tried to play it and it said my trial was over. I never even got to open it up! What do I do now, I would really like to trial this before I commit to buying.

Re:Post any Hallowed Legends: Templar Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Nov 10, 11 6:37 AM
Try to reinstall and install again. Good luck!

hogluv
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Post any Hallowed Legends: Templar Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by hogluv on Nov 10, 11 7:04 AM
I did as you suggested and it worked! Thanks so much for responding so quickly, off to enjoy this great looking game! Happy gaming!

BobbiH
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by BobbiH on Nov 10, 11 9:32 AM
I get the following message when I try to run the trial version of this game:

"Failed to initialize window. Please try running the game again. If that doesn't help, try changing the screen resolution and color depth. If that fails then your video card does not support this game".

My default resolution is 1920x1080. I tried moving it all the way down to 1600x900 (even though if that turned out to be the problem I was not going to buy a game which required me to change my screen resolution every time I played it). Got the same message. I then tried the first game in this series -- Hallowed Legends: Samheim" -- which I own and which has always played with no problem. Got the same message. Other games still play just fine. Other games from the same *developer* play just fine.

Naturally I tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the trial version and the older game. Same message.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Here are the specs on my video card:

HIS PCI-Express Video Card (H685F1GD)
Chipset: ATI Radeon HD6850; Engine Clock: 775 MHz; Video Memory: 1GB DDR5

Edited on 11/10/2011 at 9:34:32 AM PST

bihun62
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by bihun62 on Nov 10, 11 11:43 AM
Waiting for this game for weeks, install the demo and get a error access
message before I even get to play. Have uninstalled and installed 3 times
and get the same message. Am really peeved, wanted to play this game
in the worst way, loved their last game which played just fine on my computer.
Can I get any help?

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Nov 10, 11 12:35 PM
having trouble getting back to the front of the hotel. Keeps giving me the hint but will not go back ...

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Nov 10, 11 2:35 PM
BobbiH wrote:I get the following message when I try to run the trial version of this game:

"Failed to initialize window. Please try running the game again. If that doesn't help, try changing the screen resolution and color depth. If that fails then your video card does not support this game"...

Hi BobbiH,

If you haven't already, please send a screenshot of this error message, along with a Dr. Felix report over to our Tech Support team, and our reps will do everything they can to get these games up and running for you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Nov 10, 11 2:42 PM
bihun62 wrote:Waiting for this game for weeks, install the demo and get a error access
message before I even get to play. Have uninstalled and installed 3 times
and get the same message. Am really peeved, wanted to play this game
in the worst way, loved their last game which played just fine on my computer.
Can I get any help?

Hi bihun62,

I know this must be frustrating given how excited you were for this game. If uninstalling and reinstalling your game didn't do the trick, I'd encourage you to give the other steps in this help article a try:

Access Violation

If that doesn't help either, please contact Tech Support for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 11/10/2011 at 2:43:03 PM PST

tlhwest
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by tlhwest on Nov 10, 11 5:10 PM
Got the game demo; for some reason, the game kept kicking me back to the desktop every five minutes! ANNOYING! I want to buy this game, but I won't until I know what's wrong!

Sincerely,
Traci West

[Post New]by flingo on Nov 10, 11 5:40 PM
Downloaded the game. Everything seemed fine. Typed in my name, great, Then I got to pick which level of game I wanted, Casual, Advanced, ect. clicked and then NOTHING. Won't move off that screen. I shall try removing it and downloading it again and hope for a different outcome.

Linochka
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Linochka on Nov 10, 11 6:48 PM
I don't know how much problem it will be .but in extra play I lost a head,not my,statue or doll,I am not sure.I found it in the hole but it did not go in to the inventory and I can't play without it.

Linochka
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Linochka on Nov 10, 11 8:16 PM
Sorry.I turned off the game,and when I returned later head was in place,so,it's not exactly an error.

27heb49
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by 27heb49 on Nov 11, 11 4:32 AM
Hi Linochka. Thank you for your second post. The same thing happened to me (the game froze for a bit when I clicked on the head) so I followed your example and re-started the game. Was able to complete the HOS after that. Hopefully the developers will iron out this glitch soon.

[Post New]by elspethgjc on Nov 11, 11 6:37 AM
Have tried 5 times to download this game and it will never download. I get an error code 766......

krinneyd
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by krinneyd on Nov 11, 11 2:59 PM
I am unable to access the extra play content, everytime choose play I get the choose mode screen and after I choose nothing happens, the screen just freezes? Can someone help me?

iamlindy
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by iamlindy on Nov 11, 11 3:03 PM
The game was moving along smoothly enough for about 10 minutes and then kicked me out to the game manager with an error notice that it had quit working. I don't usually have any trouble playing games but when this kind of thing happens I usually just quit and delete which is what I will do with this one. Not worth putting myself or my computer through the struggles to make it work. Pretty new computer and no problems with it so I don't want to take a chance. Really games should play more smoothly than this in MHO. Thanks anyway.

HonkyCat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by HonkyCat on Nov 11, 11 11:17 PM
I am having problems all the way around with this game.. it wasnt until I bought the game that these problems began.. 1st it froze up in the sewer when I went and tried to use the lock pick on a lock and the game froze completely up and when I finally got my computer restarted and tried to play the game again, I got a message in the manager saying it couldnt launch the game, try uninstalling and reinstalling again, error code 814, Which means I lost everything I had gotten to at that point.. this is craziness..
Lori

Edited on 11/11/2011 at 11:18:28 PM PST

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Nov 12, 11 5:47 AM
HELPPPPP I am stuck. Fantastic game without any hitch. I am near the end and I cannot place the third wreath on the ark. I have clicked everywhere it just wont go one. I really hope Im missing something and that this is not a glitch. I probably will feel really stupid but I spent hours on this game and REALLY want to finish it. Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you

GR43
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by GR43 on Nov 12, 11 1:09 PM
This has happened with several games and I don't know why but it drives me nutty: The game screen blinks and flashes; I could barely make out but it seems to blink into another screen shot. This just happened on the first HOS in the cupboard and while the game looks promising, I just can't get beyond how annoying it is. Good thing I'm not epileptic. I'm not putting down anyone who might have epilepsy: It's seriously that distracting and annoying.

Go to: