bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Hallowed Legends: Templar Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Nov 10, 11 12:11 AM
Hey fishies!

What did you think of Hallowed Legends: Templar Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, and now you can post them right from the game page! For more information about our Game Reviews, please click here.

Once you’ve submitted your review, please feel free to come back and re-post your thoughts in this thread. Remember, a lot of people who will be reading these reviews haven’t played this game yet, so if you’re posting any spoilers, please be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post. You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game, you can create a new discussion in the game forum. And if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

Edited on 11/14/2011 at 2:32:06 PM PST

Re:Reviews for Hallowed Legends: Templar Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Karabilou on Nov 10, 11 12:30 AM
I have been waiting for this game for what seems like forever. And upon downloading, I am not disappointed.

Developer is Elephant Games, I love their games.

Graphics are cool and crisp. There are three modes of gameplay, casual, advanced and hardcore. I always start games on the casual mode and work my way up.

On casual mode, the hint recharges super fast (I counted 15 seconds which IMHO is superfast). There are sparkles but I am sure I read that on hardcore you don't get any at all. There is also no penalty for random clicking (in casual mode anyway).

The SG is accessible from within the game and the page stays where you left it. In demo mode, only the first chapter is available in the SG so I don't know how many chapters there are yet.

Mini games are not too difficult and there is a skip button.

There are voiceovers which are good and the music is ok too.

You also have the opportunity to gain achievements (Yes!!!!). I Love games with achievements.

This is a definite buy from me even after only 15 minutes of play.

Happy gaming all.

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Nov 10, 11 1:05 AM
Demo took me about 45 minutes. Have to confess I used the strategy guide a couple of times though. Probably would have taken longer if I wasn't so tired and had more patience.

Three levels of play. Casual (with sparkles and skips and quick hints), Advanced (no sparkles and slower on the hints) and Hardcore ( no help at all) I played Advanced.

There are achievements and lots of them. Like Karabilou, I love achievements.

Didn't like that I could not see the whole strategy guide. Would have liked if they had at least shown how many chapters there were. Judging from the achievements there may be two bonus plays. there are two separate achievements each saying played bonus game so I am a little confused about that.

HOG scenes were not too easy but items were easy to see. One of the choices in the option screen is the ability to lighten or darken the graphics. Some of the interactive parts of the HOG scenes you had to think about. SPOILER...Even to the point of using your inventory. ....

Mini games are fairly easy. A little bit of thought but most were not too hard. The rings made me a little crazy though. Kind of don't like those.

The voiceovers are interesting and kind of made me laugh. Not sure yet if this is a buy. Would like to know how long it is. Probably will get it but will sleep on it first.

[Post New]by msfaeriedust on Nov 10, 11 1:06 AM
This game was an absolute treat. Three modes to choose from, nice voice-overs, not too many Hidden object scenes, an engaging storyline, decent acting and nice cut-scenes.

I had 25 minutes left after finishing the demo. The background music wasn't overly annoying. The hint button recharged quickly (in the easy mode). And the help button really did help

One thing I really enjoy in these type of games are when there are achievements and this game has a few. There is something else you need to collect while on your travels (wont give it away)

The mini games were OK. Wound up skipping the first one out of frustration (turning rings that turn when you click different ones, ugh), but overall, in my opinion, that was a minor complaint.

Loved this game a lot and will purchase when I can. Enjoy~

Edited on 11/10/2011 at 1:08:07 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Nov 10, 11 1:19 AM
Sorry, this game has too much lacking for the CE price tag.
First, the cursor is not as responsive as it should be.
Second, like ALL Elephant games there is no widescreen choice or presentation or aspect correction so many of us are treated to black bars. If they can program it in that the SG will not reveal itself before full puchase, that the extra content will not show itself before full purchase,etc. then they can darn sure show enough attention to detail to take care of the widescreen issue. If other devs can provide this, then they all can and this dev has chosen not to. Now that's fine for a game at everyday pricing but it is completely unacceptable for CE money. But as long as we keep buying them like this, change will be slow. BF could address this also but they choose not to require this standard from developers.
Third, too much info is lacking that would reveal any clues as to the length of the game--not in the SG, nowhere.
But on the positive side, the scenes are beautiful and the hint system is very fast and helpful.
Overall though, it's a big disappointment for me-- I might reconsider when the SE is released, but no CE money from me for a lackluster effort. Sorry.

Edited on 11/10/2011 at 1:21:16 AM PST

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Nov 10, 11 1:31 AM
A beautiful looking game from the start, graphics are bright sharp and clear. There are three modes of play so lets hear it for the developers paying attention. Only the first chapter w/Guide available in the demo. Hidden objects scenes are clean with a little interaction. Movement from scene to scene is smooth. The action scenes are explosive and fun to watch. There is a lot to see, collect, and do. This is a game to take your time with and not rush, just enjoy all the great detail the developers have put in, it's great eye candy.The best part is the story it is imaginative and creative. Just one minor detail, I wish that the guide had given us some idea on the number of chapters so that we could make a more informed decision on which version to purchase.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Nov 10, 11 1:36 AM
I enjoyed the demo - the music is good and appropriate; the graphics are clear; the mini-games have instructions. I did not like the fact that you could not see the entire Strategy Guide because I wanted to get an idea of how long the game would be. It took 48 minutes for me to complete the demo - I skipped 2 mini-games after working on them for a few minutes because I did not want to wind up running out of time before I finished the demo. It is very interesting and a bit spooky; it definitely gives your little gray cells opportunities to exercise. I'm still not sure if I will purchase, because I do like to have an idea about length of play; but it is a rather well-constructed game. You discover ways to collect rewards/awards as you play; there are three game modes; you can adjust not only the music volume, but environmental sounds and the voice-over. The voice-over is quite good. You can also adjust the brightness in the options tab. The hidden object scenes have a new twist - you sometimes must use an inventory item to find an item from the list. All in all I think it is a good game; the developers just needed to let us get an idea of playing time.

Jools_99
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Jools_99 on Nov 10, 11 1:37 AM
It would have been a instant buy if i knew how many chapters there is. Some games I just know I will love and don't even bother with demp. This i played demo and quiet got into it, and been waiting a while for a decent new game.

But i will wait until someone posts how long this game actually is first.

J

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Nov 10, 11 1:39 AM
Great game and one I don't mind buying as a CE. Another outstanding game by Big Elephant. Graphics are good. On my screen they are just a little grainy, but generally excellent in comparison to many of the other CE games. Storyline is excellent as well. I choose the Hardcore mode as I like a challenge. Voice overs are excellent. Puzzles are unique. Do not mind paying the price for quality! I stress the word quality as some of the CE's of late are not worth the price of $13.99. Thoroughly enjoying this one. Haven't found any grammatical errors as yet or items mislabeled. Game is sufficiently long - almost 800 MB. Thanks BF for another quality game. Just wish there were more like this.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 10, 11 1:41 AM
@Elephant Games If any of the development team drops in, as you do from time to time... Completely awesome game!! I have only played the demo and I am in love already. Thank you for all of your hard work which provides us with some of the best games that come down the pike!! ETA: Oops. I meant to also say that I am off to buy the game and play the night away!

Edited on 11/10/2011 at 1:43:01 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Nov 10, 11 1:55 AM
I love this game due to ...

Gorgeous graphics
3 Options of play ... Casual, Advanced and Hardcore ... I love finding things for myself
Interactive hidden object scenes ... it was an interesting twist to use an item from our inventory in a H0 scene
Intriguing story that make me want to find out what is happening and why
Having secret items to find
Enjoyable puzzles
Achievements

However I am less than enamoured about ...

Not being able to see what we get for the extra money , although you find out by playing about the achievements you have to guess at the rest.

Only having the first chapter of the Strategy Guide available so we cannot gauge the length of the game so are totally in the dark

Not being able to take the scissors in the first hidden object scene and cut that quill in the bottom left hand corner into teeny tiny bits to stop it constantly writing grrrrrr it was driving me so nuts that I had to prop an address book against the screen so that I didn't have to see it. I have no idea if it is helpful writing or not because I haven't opened the book as they give a bit too much info in a lot of games and so I now avoid reading them.

Although I have purchased the game this is the last but one CE that I am going to purchase without knowing exactly what we are getting for our extra money as I have been disappointed with previous offerings and the time has come to make a stand.
(The last one will be EfR )

Cherb

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Nov 10, 11 2:18 AM
please,tell me:when you go to watch movies,is the length of the movie the criterion of your choice?
just to say that this an original story,and this time it takes place in France!at home(even if the town is not realistic!no care!)
good graphics,good music,good choices given to play,good choice of settings(we are a lot who have wide screen,but not all of us,so for me it is not an important criterion)good voice acting,no bugs(as far for me!),no grainy graphics either,so what people could wish more?
poor devs!how it is hard to enjoy everybody!
for this game:five stars for me!

Jools_99
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Jools_99 on Nov 10, 11 2:21 AM
I finished the demo in under hour.... So not going to buy a game that will only last 2-3 hours...

So yes game length is a motive for purchase as want value for money. As stated i have no problems with game itself

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Nov 10, 11 2:26 AM
30 minutes of play were enough to buy the game (devoted fan of Elephant games) - I was never frustrated, hope that it stays for the future too...

If I don't need to add brightness with my bad eyes, sign that that the resolution is great.

I am not impressed by the achievements - mine are always low... But really impressed by the quality of the game, and how much I enjoy it. And Cherb, I hope these developers won't let you down with the length of the game...

Kudos Elephant and BF!

Edit:

Length of SG:

chapter 1 - 10 pages
chapter 2 - 10 pages
chapter 3 - 13 pages
chapter 4 - 18 pages
bonus - 12 pages (total 63 pages instead of usual 50 pages)

Edited on 11/10/2011 at 2:40:23 AM PST

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Nov 10, 11 2:36 AM
Goodday fishies!

Another thursday and another CE. Often enough it appears to be a somewhat average game with a little bit of extra's here and there. But this time it's a real CE, worthy to pay double price for. At least that's what I think.

A gorgeous intro to start with (very handsome young man by the way ) and good voice-overs (which I always appreciate very much!). Then an intriguing story starts, making me curious how all this will develop. And finally a thrilling movie-like cutscene introducing the first chapter and our first location: a hotelroom. A few searches through the room and the first H0 scene appears. Which is the point I stopped the trial to write this review.

An absolute winner, this new Elephant product! Crisp-clear graphics, good voice-overs, beautiful designed objects to find in non-junkpile H0 scenes and enough excitement and eyecandy to please a lot of fishies. I'm definitely pleased, I can tell you that!

I give this CE, after only playing a couple of minutes of the first location:

5 out of 5

Enjoy! I know I will for sure!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Nov 10, 11 2:42 AM
This is a great game in my opinion! Graphic is really great (like every other game from the developers too), storyline, puzzles and hogscenes also. I like this game more then the previous part. For me its a definete buy - as the CE

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Nov 10, 11 3:11 AM
Great graphics, sounds, everything. But nothing new. It seems so like so many other games it felt as though I had already played it. I'm sure it is made on the template of several other games with just the scenes changed. Not too long ago this would have been a ground breaking game but today it is just another CE clone and as such didn't really grab me.
Now yesterdays was like a breath of fresh air.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Nov 10, 11 3:22 AM
Congratulations Elephant Games for a job well done on this one.
Stunning graphics, outstanding cut scenes, interesting storyline, music which I find enjoyable and IMHO theme appropriate, well done voice overs, fun puzzles, achievements, and things to collect! No tech problems with the custom cursor (you have a choice btw). As well as three modes of play, something for everyone as they say.

Thanks Elephant games and for a great CE Thursday! Oh yes, this is a buy for me!

My only complaint (a small one to be sure) is that the bonuses are not available while playing the game. Those of us who look forward to the wallpapers, music score etc. enjoy having access to them during the gameplay. Other Devs allow this and I really would like to see Elephant Games follow suit. Save the "bonus play" needless to say, but let us enjoy using the wallpapers while we play the game! Please!
Happy Gaming All

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Nov 10, 11 3:49 AM
This one totally fills my wide screen, and most of game makes sense, although I am glad the SG is a good one, and though I didn't always do things in the order that the guide has it, I didn't have any trouble getting what I needed. Does appear to be rather long too. Been playing since just a few after 3am and quit at 0630 as I am too tired to continue. Still have a ways to go, so I appreciate the devs even more. And rain, oh how I love the scenes with the rain. Can't wait to get back to it after some sleep.

joray2
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by joray2 on Nov 10, 11 4:47 AM
Sorry,but I do not think this game is worth a CE. Could not get into the story line at all. I played for 30 mins and was bored! I will not even buy it in SE,because of the story line.

Go to: