DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Your Comments for Hallowed Legends: Templar Collector's Edition

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Nov 10, 11 12:36 AM
Hello all,
Well I have been waiting for this since I played Shamhain and have been checking out the Elephant Games website frequently to see when this game would finally be available.
So let's all hope that this is even more entertaining and challenging than the former - and if you have any tidbits or other comments to provide those of us who are DLing now ( ), here is your opportunity.
Cheers

Edited on 11/10/2011 at 12:38:16 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Your Comments for Hallowed Legends: Templar Collector's Edition

[Post New]by peglegann on Nov 10, 11 12:42 AM
Hi DLO. Yes, it looks like a good one. I am playing on hardcore mode, nothing new on the puzzle side as yet. Looking forwards to reading more comments.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Nov 10, 11 1:03 AM
I'm just pleased at how the did the achievements section. It's quite nice. The achievements don't seem too difficult to obtain, either.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 10, 11 1:16 AM
I liked Samhain, enough, but found it increasingly boring the longer I played the game. I was also not very impressed with the graphics.

I have a feeling that I feel the same about this game. I adored the "Mystery Trackers" games, especially Raincliff, and loved the graphics and gameplay (and I see there is another "Mystery Trackers" game coming soon as well)... but this game has the same kind of graphics (and gameplay) as Samhain.

I may (or may not) buy the game when the SE is out. I certainly wasn't thrown off my chair with excitement when I played the trial version. But that's just how I feel about this game.

Happy Thursday, everyone.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Nov 10, 11 1:21 AM
Hi Imberis,
My thoughts about the achievements were that they seemed to too easy. LOL
I hope the game itself has more challenge.
Well, game installed, so I am going to head off to play so that I can also add some useful comments/impressions.
Cheers

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Nov 10, 11 1:29 AM
I'm getting more and more frustrated at the devs that don't address the widescreen issue by programming it in automatically, offering it in the options, or aspect correction. As I have said before, if other devs can do it, why can't they all? Just lazy and inattentive on the part of the devs looks like to me. And for that matter, why doesn't Big Fish REQUIRE that as part of their standards for a CE? Oh well, one can hope but I refuse to pay the CE price for any more games that aren't offering widescreen.

addictedtofish
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by addictedtofish on Nov 10, 11 1:34 AM
Played in advanced mode - no sparkles which is good. Downloaded quickly, plays well (no jerkiness). Love this kind of game and Knights Templar have always been an interest of mine - however, I've promised myself not to buy CEs as I don't think it's worth double money for 1 extra chapter of play(well how many of you actually buy the strategy guide separately or use wallpapers etc?)so will wait impatiently for the SE.
Don't know about you other fishies but I'm now always on tenterhooks wondering if the game will play ok as there are quite a few nowadays that won't play - my major disappointment being Awakening the Goblin Kingdom - if anyone has any tips how to get that to work on my comp I would appreciate it (already had tech dept and now they just say not compatible but not why!)

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on Nov 10, 11 1:55 AM
hi fishes jist did the demo fast dl for those having a fit about wide screen mine is a 24 inch&it filledthe screen right from the get go.get ready to jumpnow &then wont say what looks like lots to do there is a map to heellp just what i like will buy this later as a ce i am waiteing for two others firsthope all you fishes have fun with his one take care & have a great nite/day

TigerJo714
Stingray
Stingray
5,122 Posts

[Post New]by TigerJo714 on Nov 10, 11 2:03 AM
cbtx wrote:I'm getting more and more frustrated at the devs that don't address the widescreen issue by programming it in automatically, offering it in the options, or aspect correction. As I have said before, if other devs can do it, why can't they all? Just lazy and inattentive on the part of the devs looks like to me. And for that matter, why doesn't Big Fish REQUIRE that as part of their standards for a CE? Oh well, one can hope but I refuse to pay the CE price for any more games that aren't offering widescreen.

Works fine on my wide - screen. Didn't have to do anything special - it just works. Good luck with that - also to ev1 else having the same problem

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Nov 10, 11 2:34 AM
TigerJo714 wrote:
cbtx wrote:I'm getting more and more frustrated at the devs that don't address the widescreen issue by programming it in automatically, offering it in the options, or aspect correction. As I have said before, if other devs can do it, why can't they all? Just lazy and inattentive on the part of the devs looks like to me. And for that matter, why doesn't Big Fish REQUIRE that as part of their standards for a CE? Oh well, one can hope but I refuse to pay the CE price for any more games that aren't offering widescreen.

Works fine on my wide - screen. Didn't have to do anything special - it just works. Good luck with that - also to ev1 else having the same problem

The frustrating thing is that devs(programmers) know exactly how to take care of this issue---they simply choose not to. So for some it will play in wide and for others it won't, and for the devs not to take the extra step to resolve it for everyone is inexcusable.

dotpet5
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by dotpet5 on Nov 10, 11 2:50 AM
I'm not sure where I should write this. but hopefully its ok in here. I just wish that we could use our punch card credits on these collector's editiion games. I have all these credits and nothing to play with them....I have to just wait until the se edition comes out I guess, and not keep purchasing these collector's editions.....BUT I like to play the games. enjoy them so much...thank you for listening.

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by glb613 on Nov 10, 11 3:00 AM

Since 2 other players didn't have an issue with it, it must be your computer. I played the game and except for the video scenes, it fills the screen. Check your resolution settings. If you don't have it set for the native resolution, you'll have problems.

Edited on 11/10/2011 at 3:41:26 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 10, 11 3:06 AM
glb613 wrote:

Since 2 other players didn't have an issue with it, it must be your computer. Check your resolution settings. If you don't have it set for the native resolution, you'll have problems.

Whenever I hear "it must be your computer", I get slightly annoyed. It always sounds as if someone suggest to go out and buy a new computer.
My laptop is barely a year old. It's a Sony Vaio and has Win7, 64-bit. And this game also doesn't play in widescreen on my laptop. I can change the screen resolution all I want, the game still doesn't give me widescreen.

There are several developers whose games automatically give me widescreen, but "Elephant Games" are not one of them.

And then again, maybe it is my computer. Maybe it's just too new, modern, and sophisticated. After all, who knows which OS the develpers using when they make the games. I know of one developer that actually still uses XP when making their games, and strangely enough, all their games come in widescreen.

Edited on 11/10/2011 at 3:12:28 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Nov 10, 11 3:16 AM
glb613 wrote:

Since 2 other players didn't have an issue with it, it must be your computer. Check your resolution settings. If you don't have it set for the native resolution, you'll have problems.

Totally agree with Valdy's thoughts---I have talked with many about this---it is definitely not our new computers, it is simple programming by the devs who CHOOSE not to include the corrections necessary. (And BFG who CHOOSE not to REQUIRE them to do so.)

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Nov 10, 11 3:25 AM
Valdy, you are correct again. It bothers me that so many don't seem to understand that no matter which OS is being used, very simple programming steps can be taken to resolve the widescreen issue. If not automatically recognized (as many devs include), then simply include aspect correction among the options.
Simple logic should tell anyone that if one developer can do this, then they ALL could. Plain and simple as that.
A shame too because Elephant games are very beautifully done, good stories, etc. but for some reason known only to them they do not see it necessary to include this little bit extra in their games. (ERS the same)

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by glb613 on Nov 10, 11 3:43 AM
If it was the game, everyone would have the same "problem". I played the demo and except for the video, it fills the screen. So it must be your computer.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Nov 10, 11 3:57 AM
I have noticed that sometimes a game fills my widescreen, as this one does, and yet there are other games that don't, yet does so with other people. I don't know why this happens, but figure it has to be related to our screen resolution settings, at least sometimes..sometimes, I can change mine and it will work, and other times it won't. I wish I had the solutions, wish the devs had the solutions, and wish all games would play widescreen on my computer. I really appreciate those that do, and I sure understand the frustration when it doesn't, and yet others say it does on theirs. Anyway, I like this game, a lot.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Nov 10, 11 4:08 AM
glb613 wrote:If it was the game, everyone would have the same "problem". I played the demo and except for the video, it fills the screen. So it must be your computer.

Sorry, even BFG Customer Service is with me on this one---as they admit, it is a programming issue. There are many different types of computers, monitors, etc and it's simply not a one size fits all sort of arrangement--therefore, the only way to address it is with an aspect correction option which Elephant does not have or offer on this game---not any particular computer. After all, if it were a problem with anyone's computer, then surely NO game would play in WS, but many do.
The problem, as CS has admitted, is in the programming.
But I'm happy that it is working nicely for you.

Cheers!

indybabs
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by indybabs on Nov 10, 11 4:52 AM
Could someone please tell me if there is a MAP with this game? I need a bit more help than others

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 10, 11 5:36 AM
Thanks CBTX, for your input.

Indybabs: As far as I could see, there was no map - unless it will be added later, after the first chapter.

WolfenRaindancer wrote:I have noticed that sometimes a game fills my widescreen, as this one does, and yet there are other games that don't, yet does so with other people. I don't know why this happens, but figure it has to be related to our screen resolution settings, at least sometimes..sometimes, I can change mine and it will work, and other times it won't. I wish I had the solutions, wish the devs had the solutions, and wish all games would play widescreen on my computer. I really appreciate those that do, and I sure understand the frustration when it doesn't, and yet others say it does on theirs. Anyway, I like this game, a lot.

This is exacty what happens to different people with different games. Some games that play in widescreen for some people, don't play in widescreen for others, and vice versa.

There are several game developers whose games automatically play in widescreen on my laptop, and with others it doesn't matter what screen resolution I use (I try each one, going all the way down from 1920x1080, which is the highest and recommended, to 800x600, which is the lowest for me), but none would give me widescreen.

Now, I don't actually have a problem with the black bars on either side of my monitor. In fact, if I see a game in widescreen, I get rather surprised... LOL
But it is a mystery to me that some developers' games do give me widescreen and others don't. I have even heard sometimes peeps saying they didn't get widescreen when I did. So who knows why this happens.

And to me this is not an "issue", and I don't have a "problem", glb613, but your comment "since 2 other players didn't have an issue with it, it must be your computer", is laughable. So... wow... TWO other players didn't have the "problem". I wonder how many of the thousands of people who do download games here but not necessarily post DO have this "problem".

And IF it was my computer, then NONE of the games I download would play in widescreen, nor would I get widescreen when others don't get widescreen with the same game. Of course, it would never occur to me to tell them that it must be their computer, because I know there can be more than just this one simple reason why some developers' games don't work for some of us in widescreen and others do.

Edited on 11/10/2011 at 5:50:19 AM PST

Go to: