bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any Red Crow Mysteries: Legion technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 10, 11 11:16 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

ThomAndJerry
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Post any Red Crow Mysteries: Legion technical issues here only

[Post New]by ThomAndJerry on Nov 11, 11 7:47 AM
One of THE worst games I have played in a while.

1. Interactive tutorial is stuck at the "you need to find 3 more golden flowers to complete this puzzle" even tho I already found them and am out of that room

2. Story line does not advance - girl appeared in the room and dialogue would not continue, I ended up having to click skip. Mother appeared in the Garden, dialogue would not continue, had to click skip.

I have no idea what I am even supposed to be doing in this game.

Will NOT be buying it.

mkinyon
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by mkinyon on Nov 11, 11 7:34 PM
Yes, the latest update did not fix the problem with the interactive tutorial "...3 more golden flowers..." sign getting stuck in position. Perhaps when another update is released, I'll try this again.

TJPorche
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by TJPorche on Nov 12, 11 11:11 AM
I have a technical issue and still have even though I just installed the "fix." At the crypt door, I'm supposed to use the torch (chair leg and rag) to burn down the door. I still have the temporary torch (bottle & rag), the flint and the other torch but nothing works. Anyone else running into this problem? If you're wondering, I've tried combining all combinations of these items and tried using individually on the dragon. Nothing works. Thanks in advance.

valeriepres
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by valeriepres on Nov 12, 11 12:20 PM
I installed the update today but I still get error messages and I cannot find mothers letter even though I have done the mini game according to the walkthrough!
It is a waste of money buying this game.

lindac1220
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by lindac1220 on Nov 12, 11 1:43 PM
I am enjoying playing the game, but right in the middle of it, an error message appeared and then the game shut down.
Gonna start again and hope to get the error message info to post to you..

lindac1220
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by lindac1220 on Nov 12, 11 3:10 PM
Restarted the game, same thing, game shows error message and terminates.
Error message is, Erroe access violation at 0x7056633A (tried to read from 0x0908081E) Program terminated.

I also have no Iron Cone to pick up at the tree..

valeriepres
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by valeriepres on Nov 13, 11 1:46 AM
lindac1220 wrote:Restarted the game, same thing, game shows error message and terminates.
Error message is, Erroe access violation at 0x7056633A (tried to read from 0x0908081E) Program terminated.

I also have no Iron Cone to pick up at the tree..

So restarting the game didn't help you. I am stuck at the "mothers letter". It will not give me the letter to read. I wish I hadn't bought this game!!!
I hate buying a game if you cannot finish it!!!
By the way I am also STILL getting error messages despite installing the "FIX"!!!
A complete waste of money this game!!

Edited on 11/13/2011 at 1:48:06 AM PST

[Post New]by Tartanpimpernel on Nov 13, 11 12:25 PM
I am totally enthralled by this adventure game but am having a problem - I cannot find a worm to feed the bird. Have unistalled and reinstalled and taken 3 differerent profiles. After receiving the machette I go straight to the bird's nest, I checked the walkthrough and there should be a pond where I find a valve and a worm. I cannot find the pond. Where is it? I can go no further until I find this elusive worm. Can you help me please.

abbyD
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by abbyD on Nov 14, 11 7:55 AM
My screwdriver has disappeared so I can't get the gold medallion. Any ideas?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 14, 11 1:09 PM
Tartanpimpernell: The pond is in the garden, across from the skull tree and next to the bench. Look for a stone arch - the pond is behind it

abbyD: are you sure your screwdriver hasn't scrolled to the second page of your inventory? Use the arrows on either side to scroll back and forth. May seem like an obvious thing, but I haven't heard of items disappearing from the inventory when you still need them

mistyelle
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mistyelle on Nov 14, 11 5:47 PM
hello
I cant get the game to play at all!!
The screen just flickers for a second then returns to desktop
Ive reinstalled Flash and shockwave and video drivers are up to date but still nothing.

The trial was fine

azhigh
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by azhigh on Nov 14, 11 6:18 PM
bought, installed the update. Still got the " error ----?? program terminated" and shut off. Very disappointed. More problems lately, not blaming the new game manager, but seem to have increased problems since then. I will go back and see what happen after I uninstall, reinstall the game.

abbyD
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by abbyD on Nov 14, 11 7:12 PM
Severine: My inventory is empty.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 14, 11 7:24 PM
Hmmm, another suggestion, then: are you looking at your inventory, or at the find items panel? There were a few times I thought my inventory had been wiped, but I didn't realise it had switched to the find items panel.

If that's not it, I'm out of ideas and it sounds like you really have a problem, sorry!

abbyD
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by abbyD on Nov 14, 11 8:43 PM
You got it, Severine, I was looking at the Find Items panel and not the Inventory panel.; Thank you! I can't believe I was so stupid!

The other stupid thing I did was I kept trying to open the water barrel with the crowbar. It didn't occur to me that it didn't have a lid! Shouldn't be playing games at 2am when I've been up since 8am.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 15, 11 12:05 AM
Love the crowbar thing!

I actually restarted the game three times, believing I'd run into a glitch that had wiped my inventory...

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Nov 15, 11 5:14 PM
Couldn't copy/paste the error message but this appeared after finishing the stone game at the gazebo shed (and didn't give button when minigame completed):

[1file.epp:11] 'data/chapters/strange/audio/fx/click.xln.' not found

Now, when I go back to the tree with the skull I put the 2 red "flowers" there and did the "teeth", but did not get the button - and now cannot progress...

This is a most frustrating game. I will try reinstalling and see if it helps (hope progress is saved).

Edit: After the above problem, the game shut down and returned me to the game manager. I tried clicking "play" and got back to the game, but could progress no further...

2nd Edit:
I reinstalled the game after the "upgrade" and didn't get the above message again nor was I kicked out of the game. Progress was saved. But, at the end of the game, I was left with an inventory item which I hadn't used...

Edited on 11/17/2011 at 3:29:51 PM PST

[Post New]by Leeranii on Nov 16, 11 5:39 PM
I was not able to get the second cloth from the basement in the house. I'm stuck now... please assist. Thanks!

Evemaja
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Evemaja on Nov 19, 11 4:03 AM
lindac1220 wrote:Restarted the game, same thing, game shows error message and terminates.

This keeps happening to me too. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game, tried playing it with two different identities to try to get past that point to no avail. It's really too bad too because I was enjoying the game.

Go to: