Need a saw to open outer kitchen door

[Post New]by mannec on Nov 10, 11 11:31 AM
Chapter 1 - I'm trying to get back into the house after visiting the town. A Knights Templar bashed through the door and I can see a wooden bar across the door on the inside. It says I need a saw. I don't have a saw and the SG doesn't mention it. Now what? I can't get inside to stick the tray under the inside door.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

Re:Need a saw to open outer kitchen door

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 10, 11 12:07 PM
It's probably too soon for you to get the saw. There are other areas to explore first. You will have to figure out how to get into Room 12 just outside your hotel room before you will acquire the saw. I don't remember if that part was in the demo or after the demo ended and I purchased the game.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Nov 10, 11 12:23 PM
You don't need the saw to get back in and use the tray. Go back the way you came out. Use the tray on the locked door in that room where the water is.

[Post New]by mannec on Nov 11, 11 10:31 AM
I have tried twice and both times I go out the kitchen door, I need a saw to get rid of the bar on the kitchen door before I can get back in. And Room twelve looks like I need a screwdriver to get into - doesn't want to open with the wrench. Don't know what to do - can't seem to move forward in this game. Someone please help!

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 11, 11 10:46 AM
Actually, that door that needs a saw to get rid of the wooden bar is not the kitchen door. It's a garden shed. You don't get that saw till much later after you get into Room 12, so you can abandon that for a while. That door (room 12) does take a special room key that you get later on.

When you go towards the church past the courtyard, someone will fire at you with a crossbow. The arrow bolt lands in a broken lamp. Pick that up and keep heading back the way you came, using the down arrow till you are back in the kitchen that is flooded with water. If you have the silver tray on the floor under the door, use the arrow bolt on the keyhole and the key will fall onto the silver tray. Pick that up and use the key on the door. At least that's the way I remember it. Then you can progress further. By the way, have you tried to click on the strategy guide at the bottom of the page next to the inventory tray? I thought it was available in the demo.

Go to: