tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

Does anyone feel as I do?

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Nov 10, 11 11:47 PM
It is my observation that there is a current trend by the developers to handhold us all through a game. It makes for an easy game to play but not nearly as challenging as those in the distant past. Is this because it makes the development less complicated and speeds up the entire process? Also all this walking back and forth makes it seem like a much longer game than it really is. It becomes quite tedious IMO. No real need for a Strategy guide when the Hint systems provides for every move. I guess there has to be some justification to make it a CE. What is it??? Most of the current games have extraordinarily beautiful graphics and I truly love that but versus some of the old games I still own, I enjoy them less.

I couldn't navigate my way through these games without the fast Hint System since there is a lack of thread in terms of where to go or what to do next.

Just curious to hear if anyone feels as I do?

I was addicted to Nintendo games when they first game out and over the years noticed how the focus became on the graphics versus the challenge. Loved those early ones as in Zelda, Adventure Island, Mario etc. Haven't played them in 15 years and still miss the challenge of the eye hand co-ordination that was required.

Probably not geared to those who require instant gratification.

I think I am getting too long in the tooth and nostalgic. There is something to be said for the 'good old days'. Change is the only constant and I remind myself of that every day.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Does anyone feel as I do?

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Nov 10, 11 11:53 PM
Hm, maybe "we" just know what to expect!!
This doesn't mean a game isn't entertaining though. For me it is either the journey or the experience.
Cheers

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Does anyone feel as I do?

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Nov 11, 11 12:29 AM
Hi tuttepeever,

Oops! It looks like this is a duplicate post, so to keep everything tidy I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. Please feel free to continue your conversation in the other thread here.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

Go to: