cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 11/11/11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Nov 11, 11 12:01 AM
Any comments fishes?

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

Re:Todays DD 11/11/11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by tj1147 on Nov 11, 11 7:03 AM
As usual, I started the download of the game then came to the forums for others' impressions.

I had none of the technical issues re game freezing, being unable to start and play the game, etc so many others had mentioned from when the game first was on BFG. It may be that those issues have been "fixed" before this DD.

The game graphics are quite nice. I don't care for the music but do like the option of clicking through the dialog without having to wait for the "speakers" to finish what they are saying. There is quite a variety of puzzles, but I do not like FTD at all!!! The puzzles encountered during the part of the demo I played were not at all difficult. So far, the storyline does seem to make sense and progresses nicely.

This is a nice game, but I won't be buying it or using a coupon as it seems a bit short - I finished 7 out of 22 (I believe it is) chapters in about 40 minutes of demo time. I used the hint button once when I just couldn't find an object. I didn't look at the walkthrough except to see the number of chapters in the game.

All in all, quite a nice game.

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on Nov 11, 11 8:36 AM
I agree that this is a nice game. There are lots of voice overs which some may find irritating. I've played for about 30 minutes of the demo, and I think I'm going to buy. So far I haven't found any standard hidden object scenes with lists, but I have had to find objects in a room like travel documents and to rearrange luggage by matching bags with their shadowed shape and doing the same thing with toys. This game is no competition for the latest CEs, but for $2.99 it will be something to do when I finally finish Death Under Tuscan Skies.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Nov 11, 11 9:11 AM
It's cute, the story seems interesting, there is variety
in the mini-games, and I like voiceovers. Wish the
graphics were a little better especially the silhouettes.
You definitely have to pick an object and find its
silhouette as some of the silhouettes I could see
were not yet on the pictured objects list. My last
nit-picky objection was size of object didn't always
match silhouette.

Oops, one more; game only saves at chapter endings!

Still at this price, it's a buy to tuck away and play a few
chapters to recover from my latest HOPA.

My LOL moment....when a young lady living alone
calls out: "Come in, the door's open." In this day
and age???

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Nov 11, 11 11:32 AM
I found this game to be annoying. To much dialog to click through. Lots of games to play, some of which are really lame. It doesn't give all the things to find all at once which I don't like. In her bedroom you have to find stuffed animals and fill in the silolutes. That's when I decided to leave the game.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Nov 11, 11 12:29 PM
It's been a while since I've played this, but I bought it because it was by the makers of Mushroom Age. Mushroom age is one of my all time (older) light games. This game formula is very much the same. Lots of silly things to do and a good story also. I like the devs style and would like to know if they have done anything newer.

Anyway, it's a great "filler" game for me to play in between the heavier games and I think it's well worth the price. Also, if I can remember, it didn't seem short at all but then it has been a while and it's wasn't a game I played in one sitting since it's divided nicely into sections for extended play.

[Post New]by ladybear101 on Nov 11, 11 1:41 PM
Seemed like it might be a nice game from the overview, and i've been fortunate with many of the daily deals, but after download, this one just kept crashing the monitor, flashing in and out - vocal was on, but I could not see most the time.
Let me know when it gets fixed

Bobbie53
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Bobbie53 on Nov 11, 11 2:04 PM
I bought this game at the DD price.

When I began playing I figured I would play the demo and that would be it.

This game grew on me until I had to finish just to see the ending.

It has several different mini games. There are some I had not seen in a while.

Some of the minigames are: the shell game, mahjong, place groups in logical order, finding differences, etc. Once the lightbulb was fully charged you then could skip a game. I skipped a few.

This is a very laid back and enjoyable game with a nice story line.

The only down side is - you need to complete a chapter for your game to be saved where you left off. It will not save part of a chapter. No biggie for me since the chapters aren't long.

It is way worth the buy.

Edited on 11/11/2011 at 2:07:13 PM PST

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Nov 11, 11 3:01 PM

I thought the story was rather interesting and the game play (though at times frustrating) very simple and with a commonsense game format.

I found the ending discussion to be quite intriguing with some psychology mixed into it that made alot of sense.

I think the game was well worth the $2.99 DD

MEnr56

ktk514
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ktk514 on Nov 11, 11 3:26 PM
It already was bad enough that I wouldn't have been buying it, but then I got the part where you're suppose to fit all the luggage in the overhead bins. It did some, but then there came a point where it just stopped. No more 'shadow areas' showing where the rest of the bags went. Certainly not worth buying. Funny they called it the MILLION dollar quest.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Nov 11, 11 3:47 PM
I bought the game well worth the price, A very good and layed back game, thumbs up for the DEV's and thx BF

Go to: