bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Haunted Halls: Fears from Childhood technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Nov 11, 11 12:13 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

jlewis228
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Halls: Fears from Childhood technical issues here only

[Post New]by jlewis228 on Nov 12, 11 10:32 AM
I downloaded the game and it came back "Trial Expired" - I haven't played it yet how can it be expired?????

jlewis228
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by jlewis228 on Nov 12, 11 3:02 PM
Weirdly - when I clicked on the desktop icon to see what would happen the game opened and allowed me to play the demo.

[Post New]by ShimShalabim on Nov 12, 11 4:30 PM
Pulled out magnifying glass to try to use on flame stump and it won't let me place it back into inventory.

Exited and restarted with no luck.

joey49
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by joey49 on Nov 13, 11 5:29 AM
I can't find the wings..I went to the walkthrough and I am supposed to get them afte a hidden object game in the snow area outside the boys bedroom...tried twice under a different name no puzzle

[Post New]by mims05 on Nov 13, 11 11:19 PM
Is anyone having any difficulty with this game's being jerky and generally sort of awkward? I just don't have trouble with my games technically. Have Windows XP-Pro and even when others post of having difficulties with XP and a game, mine has always been perfectly smooth. Not this one. I even did away with the custom curser. I'm in the easy mode, too... just bought this one because I was waiting for it, since I've bought too many CEs lately, doggone it. I finally got into the cabin in the forest and have worked that **** in the stove 3 times and cannot get the mallet to break the piggy bank. Without that final object, you know it's not gonna let me go anywhere from there !!!! Just won't do it. I'm going to try reinstalling it one more time and see if you guys reply in the interim.

Roshaa
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Roshaa on Nov 14, 11 1:51 PM
I downloaded the demo of the CE version and the installation failed, and when I tried again I got the message Trial Expired though I hadn't played it. So I thought I'd wait for the SE version and try again-and the exact same thing happened. Help please? I really want to try the game, I loved the first Haunted Halls.

[Post New]by rcoast911 on Nov 15, 11 2:28 PM
I cannot zoom in on the stick at the section of the game where you fix the water pipe underground. Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?

[Post New]by ninwin on Nov 19, 11 12:37 PM
joey49 wrote:I can't find the wings..I went to the walkthrough and I am supposed to get them afte a hidden object game in the snow area outside the boys bedroom...tried twice under a different name no puzzle

I am having the same problem. Can someone please answer this question. This is the 2nd game I have purchased where I can't finish it.

Sjlovescc
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Sjlovescc on Nov 19, 11 7:54 PM
rcoast911 wrote:I cannot zoom in on the stick at the section of the game where you fix the water pipe underground. Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?

I do not have the piece of pipe to fix the underground pipe and when I looked at the walkthrough it indicated that I should have already found it but it doesn't indicate exactly where... Anyone else having that issue?

Sjlovescc
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Sjlovescc on Nov 19, 11 7:56 PM
Ninwin,

Did you go out the center window in the boy's bedroom? That is where the wings are if I remember correctly. Best-

peachycat
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by peachycat on Nov 24, 11 11:56 AM
Is anyone having any difficulty with this game's being jerky and generally sort of awkward?

I am having the same problem. Don't know what to do

[Post New]by sjmoore3 on Nov 28, 11 11:23 AM
I somehow missed the HOS to get the water pipe and have no idea on how to get back to it so that I can fix the fountain.
Will I need to restart the entire game? Please help me

[Post New]by portia1021 on Nov 28, 11 9:06 PM
I can't find how to go forward and each scene says :nithing to do here". It froze and I had to reopen the game, but I can't locate where there are things to do to move forward in the game,.

ingram02
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by ingram02 on Dec 2, 11 10:41 PM
I haven't had any issues until I got to the cemetary. When I click on the open grave to the left, it shoots me out of the game. No error message, no freezing, just exits the game and back to game manager. Anyone else having this problem? If I start the game over, will that resolve the problem, or is it something more serious, and will need to contact tech support? Any ideas?

Edited to advise that an Uninstall/Reinstall resolved this problem and I was able to complete the game. Worth the irritating glitch!

Edited on 12/03/2011 at 9:25:02 PM PST

[Post New]by FenrisBeast on Dec 3, 11 6:24 PM
This is a particular bug on the Snowman section. While doing the hidden object bit in the cave, if BELLS are required, I find them, the bells disappear from the screen, but they do not cross off the list! As a result, I cannot finish the game. Tried to uninstall and reinstall the game, but this did not fix this bug.

[Post New]by tonysbird on Dec 7, 11 2:21 PM
ninwin wrote:
joey49 wrote:I can't find the wings..I went to the walkthrough and I am supposed to get them afte a hidden object game in the snow area outside the boys bedroom...tried twice under a different name no puzzle

I am having the same problem. Can someone please answer this question. This is the 2nd game I have purchased where I can't finish it.

me too, i have started again thinking i'd missed something, the hidden object puzzle does not appear,grrrr.

[Post New]by mizzb52 on Dec 25, 11 8:57 PM
I too cannot get the underground pipe in the cemetery scene. It didn't show up and now am stuck. Reloading a game is a big hassle where I'm from because of the limits on downloads by my service provider. I hate when this happens but guess I have no other choice but to pay some extra money ( I have to buy download amounts) and retry the game with a new installation.I am running a new Mac Lion and I think the games somehow aren't compatible with newer computers. Any one got any answers???

[Post New]by luvdaleafs on Dec 30, 11 4:53 AM
Sjlovescc wrote:
rcoast911 wrote:I cannot zoom in on the stick at the section of the game where you fix the water pipe underground. Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?

I do not have the piece of pipe to fix the underground pipe and when I looked at the walkthrough it indicated that I should have already found it but it doesn't indicate exactly where... Anyone else having that issue?

[Post New]by judypatrick on Jan 8, 12 7:36 AM
same here. don't have the water pipe

Go to: