picture mini game?

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Nov 11, 11 10:35 AM
I am at the picture where you slide pic pieces across, up, down wherever to get the picture complete I skipped it in advanced mode and am now playing in hardcore and want that achievement does anyone have any idea how to complete this puzzle as there is no skip mode in hardcore

penhaligon
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:picture mini game?

[Post New]by penhaligon on Nov 11, 11 10:52 PM
All I can figure out so far is that when you join to the top and bottom of the picture the columns don't move. Other than that I am also stuck - have been playing in hardcore mode so have been on this for over an hour now! Hoping someone takes pity on us!

SoManyCrimes
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by SoManyCrimes on Nov 12, 11 6:49 AM
Do you mean the picture of the king in his robes? I think it's easily the hardest puzzle in the game by a wide margin.

You just have to take it methodically, I'm afraid, repeating the same technique for every piece. I started at the top left, worked along the first row, then repeated the same with the second, third etc. (In retrospect that might have been a mistake. The correct pieces for the top are easier to identify than the ones at the bottom, and there's less room for error at the end. If you like, start at the bottom right and work leftwards and upwards. Just reverse all my instructions to do that.)

So complete the top row, using the border of the picture to help. It doesn't matter how you do it, there's nothing to mess up yet.

Once that's complete move onto the second row. Now you have to be careful not to disrupt the work you've already done!

Locate the next piece you need (the piece in the first column of row 2). If it's already in row 2 then just slide it into place and move onto the next piece. If not...

If it's not in the first column then just remember where it is. If it IS in the first column you'll need to move it. It doesn't matter where, just move it somewhere else in the same row. I suggest one space to the right.

Drag column one downwards so the first piece is in the row ABOVE the one where the target piece is located.

Now drag the row with the target piece, so that the target piece is now in column one, just underneath the piece from the top left. Now slide column one back up into place. Done!

Now locate the next piece. There's a third possibility now. That it's in the right row but the wrong column. DON'T slide the row! First slide the column that it's in down. It doesn't matter where. Now slide the piece along its new row into a column you're not using. Now slide the column you moved back into place. Now repeat the steps for the first piece: slide the column you want it to be in down, slide the piece underneath the pieces you'd already placed, slide the column back into place.

Now you repeat this for the whole picture, working piece by piece, repeating the same method.

I'm sorry there's no simpler way to explain it. But hopefully after the first few rows you'll get the gist. The trick is to undo the work you've done, but only in a way that's easy to fix. Slide a column down, shift a row underneath, then slide the column straight back up again. This way you'll never mess things up too much.

Edited on 11/12/2011 at 12:36:26 PM PST

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by eedebeep on Nov 12, 11 12:21 PM
It took me awhile, butI finally did it in hardcore mode. I agree you have to start at one corner and work your way through. I started at the right column, once 1 had 3 columns done I arranged what would be my last 3 tiles and kept them intact while switching other tiles. Definitely use the top and bottom rows to switch tiles.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Nov 13, 11 7:59 AM
I just now skipped this puzzle because after 5 minutes, I still couldn't find the piece that had the hair on the right side of his head. Love the game. Hated this puzzle and am irritated that I had to skip it.

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 18, 11 11:55 AM
Big thanks SoManyCrimes - I sure hope I can manage your directions! I spent over an hour on this - gave up turned the laptop over to my brother who spent another hour then accidentally hit the "solve" button NOOO there goes my achievement so have to start game over (well, don't have to - but am too OCD not to ). This after my laptop crashing the day I loaded the game (not game related) & going in for service further delaying my game playing gratification

[Post New]by awsumpawsum on Nov 25, 11 7:18 PM
I for one am very disappointed that this puzzle does not have a reset button. I have been working diligently on and off for 2 days now and am so confused, I believe a reset button would greatly help.

Cultistmum
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by Cultistmum on Nov 29, 11 5:26 AM
This is the one puzzle I have had to skip because though I got the technique of reorganising the rows I always get stuck with the last row; if I get that right I wind up messing up all the others!

[Post New]by UBThere2 on Dec 1, 11 8:55 AM
Thanks for the tips. I finally got it in hardcore after skipping previously. I was down to three tiles on the top right hand and used the top row to move them around. Worked perfectly!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Dec 6, 11 9:23 PM
Thank you, SoManyCrimes! I was down to two tiles that needed to be swapped and kept messing up the rest of the picture trying to get them in the right places. Your advice about not sliding the rows really helped and I finally finished that blasted picture! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

Cultistmum
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by Cultistmum on Dec 7, 11 9:50 AM
Finally, finally did it!

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on Jan 8, 12 1:50 PM
Wish I could finish it..how bout I have been on it for 2 hours in hard core !!! I need a break

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jan 11, 12 10:49 AM
Gwenofala, just keep using SoManyCrimes solution and make sure you don't slide the rows. You will get it if you are careful not to mess up the rows you've done. Good luck!

[Post New]by crys_g on Jan 13, 12 5:19 PM
You seriously have no idea how many times I had to re-start this game to try to complete this puzzle on hardcore mode. I agree it needed a re-set button. The TV puzzle was much simpler and had a re-set button. But then I figured out the solution, and I could have smacked my head into my desk because it was so simple.

If anyone would like specific spoilers on how to solve this puzzle, see below:

Label columns left to right A through F
Label rows top to bottom 1 through 6

Begin with cell B1 and move it down all the way to the bottom row (row 6)
Take cell D3 and move it down all the way to the bottom row (row 6)
Take cell F4 and move it all the way to the bottom row (row 6)
Take cell E1 and move it left to column A
Take cell D3 and move it left to column A
Take cell C5 and move it left to column A

[Post New]by fredfonk on Jan 15, 12 7:55 PM
I cannot get the last row. I've spent 3 days. I am going to start a new game outside hardcore and skip everything to finish the game.

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on Apr 14, 12 10:42 AM
gwenofala wrote:Wish I could finish it..how bout I have been on it for 2 hours in hard core !!! I need a break
Two months later.... after giving it an hour, then quitting playing another game, a couple of weeks later , quitting ..I FINALLY SOLVED THE DANG PUZZLE !!!! WOOOHOOO ! I think that is the hardest, stressful one I have ever done ! I followed your advice SoManyCrimes but I still would mess up until finally the last row I would slide one out of sight, slide one down and fix it ! I'm playing with the big fish's on HARD CORE now ! I gave a rebel yell when it finally solved !!! I am so happy to be done with this !!!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Apr 23, 12 1:35 PM
Congrats, Gwenofala!!

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on Apr 28, 12 12:21 AM
burf90 wrote:Congrats, Gwenofala!!
Thanks burf90 and did you notice how easy it is to solve now ? Starting on the bottom right corner getting the bottom row done then just slide all other rows to the left and it's done ! I have played this game in all levels , got all the achievements and this puzzle that I hated the most, once I mastered it , it's so easy that now it is my favorite... go figure

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Apr 28, 12 11:29 AM
Yeah, I had a hard time with this puzzle, too, but once you've solved it, it does seem a whole lot easier to do it again.

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

Re:picture mini game? SPOILER ALERT !

[Post New]by gwenofala on May 1, 12 6:34 PM
burf90 wrote:Yeah, I had a hard time with this puzzle, too, but once you've solved it, it does seem a whole lot easier to do it again.
Yeah then after all the stress and angry words all that work..you use the item in a HOG

Go to: