I know. It's like this every year.

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

Re:MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Nov 6, 12 1:19 PM
Rainbow722 wrote:Just FYI

Elliott Bay is a part of the Central Basin region of Puget Sound in the U.S. state of Washington

Elliott Bay has been a focus for environmental concern. Urban and industrial development along its shores, and on the banks of the Duwamish River that leads into it, have caused concern over the levels of contaminants entering the water

There's that radiation idea again. I'm telling you I think the MD finds or needs to find some object that is radioactive and that's why we'll be using a Geiger counter in the game.

weissvonnix
Marlin
Marlin
8,067 Posts

[Post New]by weissvonnix on Nov 6, 12 1:20 PM
Hehe, l just googled, if l could find something else about Hondo and birthday..
l found Hodo produces his own guitars, built a town is TX, where he sells birthday cakes, flowers and arranges birthday parties. So our game community manager seems to be an allrounder!

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 6, 12 1:25 PM
Well at least we've got some more tidbits here!

Note: Hondo has graciously added links to our clue & theories pages into his inital post on Pg. 1

3 out of 4 pages are linked right now - GameLvr just added more on Pg. 86 & I'm sure that link will get added later today!

I know if feels like some of our ideas are getting lost in the shuffle - but I promise I'm trying to scribe everything!! Again - if I missed your theory - pm me!!!

I wish I could reply to everything - so many great thoughts & songs & stories!! But often I rush off to think when someone puts up a great idea & forget to post because I'm in such a hurry!! (that and my dog had to go to vet too! Eesh - bad week for doggies!)

Now..."eee" eh?

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Nov 6, 12 1:25 PM
weissvonnix wrote:Hehe, l just googled, if l could find something else about Hondo and birthday..
l found Hodo produces his own guitars, built a town is TX, where he sells birthday cakes, flowers and arranges birthday parties. So our game community manager seems to be an allrounder!

He's a man of many talents. Great find, Weiss!

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Nov 6, 12 1:28 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:
shorenuf wrote:Are we simply to accept we spent all that time on a clue that was incomplete? Maybe the 3 e's are in the sentence about Georgia.
To what end? Azer gives Azerbaijan for that.

Frankly -- we wasted a lot of time on a mistake. I'm trying to find an acceptable explanation.

It isn't fixed, dearie. -- E.

And perhaps Azerbaijan is just A Zanier Jab to get us off track.

Edited on 11/06/2012 at 1:35:18 PM PST

Hondo
Clownfish
Clownfish
588 Posts

[Post New]by Hondo on Nov 6, 12 1:33 PM
GameLvr30 wrote:
weissvonnix wrote:Hehe, l just googled, if l could find something else about Hondo and birthday..

He's a man of many talents. Great find, Weiss!

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Nov 6, 12 1:33 PM
Thank you Hondo for linking my clue compilation to your post on pg. 1.

I hope both Eoarod's two lists and mine are a help to anyone who needs it.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 6, 12 1:37 PM
1_of_5 wrote:
weissvonnix wrote:
GameLvr30 wrote:

I don't think either is the case. People are probably excited about what they are theorizing and miss your post or have nothing to add to it.

Everyone's posts here get ignored unintentionally all the time. My suggestion is, if you feel strongly about what you said, then post it again.
That´s exactly what l did and it was again overlooked. - sigh -

Welcome to my world. Here, FB or RL.

I had the same problem and I posted at a rather quiet time in the thread, so it didn't simply get missed, it got ignored.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 6, 12 1:40 PM
Before Picman posted I was thinking of RAID - redundant array of independent disks. If RAID is disabled, you get the blue screen of death.
I don't know where the extra 'e's go.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Nov 6, 12 1:41 PM
I like the State of Georgia idea…

Doesn't Speak the King's Tongue -- Caspian was the King of Narnia -- they had their own language, I doubt Georgia's friend speaks it either. She probably speaks good old American English. The British would argue we don't Speak the King's Tongue either!

Did Edmund ever say "It isn't fixed, dearie."?

Edited on 11/06/2012 at 1:42:32 PM PST

Mimisix
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by Mimisix on Nov 6, 12 1:46 PM
nyanyamaria wrote:
dogmama wrote:Are we getting the impression that we're going to play the game in the fog ?

I agree with you, dogmama. These aren't exactly clues, but a clue about fog wouldn't be very exciting or revealing either. So yes, it is probably a little sneak peek on "in-game atmosphere".

Which would tie-in with "Kings Tongue" being a song by SMOG.

Hondo
Clownfish
Clownfish
588 Posts

[Post New]by Hondo on Nov 6, 12 1:47 PM
shorenuf wrote:
Mr_Russ wrote:
shorenuf wrote:Are we simply to accept we spent all that time on a clue that was incomplete? Maybe the 3 e's are in the sentence about Georgia.
To what end? Azer gives Azerbaijan for that.

Frankly -- we wasted a lot of time on a mistake. I'm trying to find an acceptable explanation.

It isn't fixed, dearie. -- E.

Trust me, your time was not wasted. You were able to solve most of the puzzle yesterday, and now all that you need to complete it are the 3 additional e's Picman mentioned earlier.

And don't forget, I've left a key in case anyone needs it.

-Hondo

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 6, 12 1:47 PM
dogmama wrote:Random thinking:

I know we are all thinking of the Georgia in Russia. But, how about it being Georgie Henley who played Lucy Pevensie in the film Chronicles of Narnia? Maybe it's already been mentioned. She wouldn't speak the King's English as she lives in West Yorkshire and it is/was spoken in the southern part of the UK (or at least that's what I've read). But she would be considered a friend of Prince Caspian.

Any thoughts?

Sorry hun, Yorkshire is in England. And, besides, English is spoken in all parts of the UK.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 6, 12 1:49 PM
shorenuf wrote:

Sounds like Mr. Gold (Rumplestiltskin) in Once Upon a Time!

ccalvert2007
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by ccalvert2007 on Nov 6, 12 1:52 PM
What if the 3 e's are simply in pEvEnsiE?

Now can anyone make an anagram from Pevensie?

lyrialice
Elephantfish
Elephantfish
55,156 Posts

[Post New]by lyrialice on Nov 6, 12 1:56 PM
Just extra info for November 30th

1908 – A mine explosion in the mining town of Marianna, Pennsylvania kills 154.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 6, 12 1:57 PM
Purplerabbit wrote:
shorenuf wrote:

Sounds like Mr. Gold (Rumplestiltskin) in Once Upon a Time!

What a deliciously devious character addition he would make to this game, even if it was only Robert Carlyle's voice as a voice-over.

Laura29
Clownfish
Clownfish
833 Posts

[Post New]by Laura29 on Nov 6, 12 1:57 PM
I would like to say, to WeissVonnix and anyone else, I read everybody's posts. There are so many good ideas, though, and for myself, I have trouble keeping it straight; I don't envy Eoarod one bit!! I don't post many theories myself, because I can't think of any that somebody hasn't already posted, and I'm afraid to accidentally "copy" someone else's.

Now, for a question (bear with me; the headache is mostly gone but the head still feels fuzzy as heck) do we know WHICH clue we are supposed to add 3 e's to?

Hondo
Clownfish
Clownfish
588 Posts

[Post New]by Hondo on Nov 6, 12 1:59 PM
Laura29 wrote:...do we know WHICH clue we are supposed to add 3 e's to?

It isn't fixed raid.

Go to: