Senior Citizens sign in!!

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Jan 14, 18 5:54 PM
missbethann wrote:
missbethann wrote:The 4000 travel vouchers must be a perk for those that play on Facebook. Just like I was told by customer service/tech help that scratch tickets are an exclusive for the Facebook crowd. I got Hawaii thank you, but no vouchers. I use them as often as I can just to get a break from these first 12 harder cities. I try to keep my footprint out of social media as much as possible. Especially Facebook!!!

I am quoting myself as reference... now I read in another post that scratch tickets are for mobile players. I used to get them all the time until I had to get another PC about 2 yrs. ago. So I been going round and round with tech services to get them back. They need my user ID to find me in the system. I have no user ID. Am told to play on facebook to get one. NO. I made another user account on my PC and started a whole new GD! game. Guess what's been popping up everyday on the new game? Scratch tickets. The new game does not have a user ID either. There should be a way to issue one to those of us that choose not to get on facebook. Maybe I should add that to the game improvements thread.

missbethann : the number on the first page of your Passport is your game “ID number” for non-Facebook players. Take a screenshot of the page and attach it to your request to GD Support. Bad segue: I’m definitely not a fan of social media, but my BFF from the 70s and even a couple of my high school buddies have been in touch through Facebook. You can have a FB account and still be VERY low profile, it totally depends on your choices.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 14, 18 6:11 PM
I just checked and there is not a number on the first page of my passport book, but there is a number next to the version number in the settings menu, I don't do fb either.

missbethann
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by missbethann on Jan 14, 18 6:45 PM
Lambina wrote:missbethann
When you log in to GD before you go to a city click on the settings, the gear looking tab, and down in the bottom left corner under the ?mark is a four digit number next to the version number that I think might be your game ID.

I gave them that number under the question mark. I gave them the screen shot they wanted. Their next email told me how to get my number by logging into facebook. They totally ignore the fact that I will not do facebook.

There is no number on the first page of my passport.

The number under the question mark is exactly the same on both games so that can't be it either. Each game should have a different user ID.

Edited on 01/14/2018 at 6:56:03 PM PST

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 14, 18 7:00 PM
Well that is some kind of nonsense if they think people are going to sign up for fb in order to find a game ID for a BF game downloaded from their site and not fb, unreal!!

Jolliejackie
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Jolliejackie on Jan 15, 18 2:06 AM
Everest is back on again. Just completed it, rewards are 3 shovels, 100 coins and 2 hours infinite play.
Lordkalvan, like you I found it extremely challenging when I played it the last time.
This morning I didn't need any boosts and got through all 5 levels in one go.
So it might be worth your while having another go.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 15, 18 8:11 AM
The first four Everest flags seem easy, or else I got lucky. I'm waiting on the fifth. I took screenshots of the opening boards, so that if someone else says a flag is hard, we can compare to see whether there are indeed two or more versions of Everest.

Edit: fifth was easy too. No timed levels, yay!

Edited on 01/15/2018 at 9:56:27 AM PST

CliveJ
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by CliveJ on Jan 15, 18 9:38 AM
Hi all. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to which cities are the easiest to finish completely? Thank you.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Jan 15, 18 10:55 AM
Thanks for the suggestion Kail. But, with 95,000 coins left, I don't think I will bother CS.

Just discovered a new, for me, match 3 game called Toon Blast. Very nice graphics. Starts out like a typical match 3 game, but becomes creative and requires a little more strategy than usual in these games. It is not really match 3, but you will see.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 15, 18 12:34 PM
lordkalvan wrote:The first four Everest flags seem easy, or else I got lucky. I'm waiting on the fifth. I took screenshots of the opening boards, so that if someone else says a flag is hard, we can compare to see whether there are indeed two or more versions of Everest.

Edit: fifth was easy too. No timed levels, yay!

This was the first time I played the challenge and was surprised at how easy it was, I did use one ice crusher on level 5 but I'm thinking I may have been able to beat it without the boost.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Jan 15, 18 2:09 PM
CliveJ wrote:Hi all. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to which cities are the easiest to finish completely? Thank you.

I have only done 100% in Tokyo and San Francisco and both were relatively easy, I have been working on Paris and will have a go at Bogota I think now that I have free time waiting on Miami. You really need to weigh up the results against what it will cost to do all the helping hands and build the resource markets - let alone the boosts etc to complete the top levels! Good luck!

[Post New]by mollythecat on Jan 15, 18 4:57 PM
mollythecat wrote:
lordkalvan wrote:Next thing I'd check is amount of free space and memory. If the iPhone has less of one of those than the iPad, it might be the issue. Hmmmm... or if some other app is running on the iPhone. Have you tried playing in airplane mode most of the time to see if that helps?

Thanks playing in "airplane mode" seems to work. I tried turning off wi-fi and played on cellular and it crashed. I have 80% of my phone memory free.

So to recap, my game started crashing on my iphone on Saturday night. Still happening the next day and losing a life every time it crashed. Memory on the phone only 20% full. Only made it through a level once. Tried switching Wi-fi networks and tried playing on cellular only, still crashed. So I switched to airplane mode and it played fine.
After a few hours I switched back to my usual wi-fi network and even though the wi-fi usage in the home increased due to family members, it plays fine now, no more crashing. Interesting events.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 15, 18 5:41 PM
Glad you found something that helped! Or perhaps the cause of the crashing just happened to stop about the time you switched to airplane mode.

[Post New]by mollythecat on Jan 15, 18 6:08 PM
Thanks for your help Lord. Maybe this will help someone else.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Jan 15, 18 7:45 PM
Just to amuse someone! I was playing a level which required me to collect brown gummies to blow blockers and I started thinking of chocolate - then I started smelling it and I was closely watching those brown gummies when I realised husband had left the lid off the box of chocolate ginger which was about a metre away from where I was sitting! I was almost lured into thinking the game suddenly had scent attached - duh!

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Jan 15, 18 9:27 PM
Well folks, how about a trip down memory lane! I was just bopping around and took a look at page one of this incredible thread, on January 16,2016 Snowmanvt kicked this off and if some of you are up for a little amusement, check out the first few pages! And Trav3lbird your last sentence in your first reply has proven to be quite prophetic! So happy anniversary seniors!

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Jan 15, 18 10:36 PM
CliveJ, Trav3lbird is absolutely right, you need to double check all the costs that you need to complete in order to do it 100% and weigh that against the cost of what you will receive for doing so. For example, I recently completed Tokyo 100% as noticed one day I only had a few HHs to buy and it was done, thing is, they were pretty cheap in Tokyo, compared to elsewhere. I came out in front at the end by about 250 coins and 17 boosts, so not bad. HOWEVER, I only have to purchase all the HHs in Prague to complete that 100% and upgrade one mart to max. I went through it HH by HH, wrote down all the costs in coins, and the cost on top of that of another 450 coins to finish the mart, it came to 5115 coins in total, but when I checked the completion rewards thread for what I would receive for doing it, I was only going to recoup 1264 coins and 14 boosts, which would not total anywhere near the outlay, so there is NO WAY its worth bothering to do. So be careful. You do not HAVE to do it at all and it has to be worth it if you do. I will NOT be completing Prague ever, probably the same goes for most other cities too.

And Trav3lbird, I love ginger, chocolate or otherwise. We have some very nice dark choc ginger here in Australia, grown up in Buderim QLD. It's delicious.

Edited on 01/15/2018 at 10:36:59 PM PST

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Jan 16, 18 9:23 AM
Huh? I’m a chocoholic and have never even heard of chocolate ginger.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 16, 18 10:00 AM
There are different variations of food in different countries, I have never seen chocolate ginger in the US, but it sounds really good.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 16, 18 10:07 AM
Chocolate makes just about anything better!

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Jan 16, 18 10:37 AM
Preserved glacé ginger pieces dipped in dark chocolate. We buy it from the local supermarket and it is our favourite!

Go to: